Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2009, 08:50   #76
BHPian

how did I miss this thread for so long!!

4 years of marriage and the only situation that I have learnt to handle effectively is the one which starts with "Tell me honestly...."

Initially I used to be honest and had always found myself in trouble...but slowly I realized here "honestly" dosent mean truth. It means the truth that she wants to listen and definitely not the facts.

I think I certainly deserve a "noble prize for happy married life"
Old 2nd June 2009, 09:10   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post

Initially I used to be honest and had always found myself in trouble...but slowly I realized here "honestly" dosent mean truth. It means the truth that she wants to listen and definitely not the facts.

I think I certainly deserve a "noble prize for happy married life"

You are a noble man and you deserve the Noble Prize. I need to learn this art though am just about a couple of years into the marriage.

My honest opinions( I have a well though about opinion on most things) havent done wonders and whatever efforts i put in to handle things diplomatically, I still end up talking honest

One thing is for sure you cant expect them to react on similar lines as your buddies of the same sex. They turn out to be more moody than you can anticipate.
Old 2nd June 2009, 13:16   #78
BHPian

on the other hand... my girl(just now engaged) expects me to speak much and she listens... any reason as to why?
Old 2nd June 2009, 13:43   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
on the other hand... my girl(just now engaged) expects me to speak much and she listens... any reason as to why?

Evaluating the prey for weak points at close range, before going in for the kill.
Old 2nd June 2009, 14:03   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Evaluating the prey for weak points at close range, before going in for the kill.
Maggie, speaking from experience. Just Engaged!!!

My 2 cents: even if you hate your cooking, Just attemt something. The "aaaaoooo" when you burn your fingers while cooking or "oouch" when you cut your fingers makes you the sweetest person on the planet. Also, even if your Wife's best friend "accidently" spat the chewing gum on the car glass window thinking it was open, she still is a sweetheart and a darling. Very few friends like her

On the other hand, "Silence is virtue" in most cases.

Last edited by amtak : 2nd June 2009 at 14:05.
Old 2nd June 2009, 14:42   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Thinking:

I love u and am so happy that i married you. Now leave me alone for 2 hours so I can finish my movie.

Nope. Wouldn't work for me. She'd kick me.
See there is the fundamental flaw. You watch the movie first. Dont ask for permission cause you wont get it. So watch the movie first. then say "I love you so much and I am going to marry you. Now what can i buy for you". That might work

Quote:
On a lighter note, Maybe she finally heard herself talking and came to her senses

Last edited by ash_blore : 2nd June 2009 at 14:45.
Old 7th June 2009, 19:55   #82
Team-BHP Support

Checkout the skills men are supposed to have... learn them all.

23 Skills Every Man Should Know - 1 Just Dreaming - Your Life - MSN Lifestyle

Gamble at the race track, skin a moose, fillet a fish... the list goes on.
Old 8th June 2009, 02:00   #83
Senior - BHPian

Never show that you are hiding. I am a poor artist with truth.

She mostly says ' out with it boy, either you tell and we finish it now or I make you reveal and you suffer.'

I never have a choice of my liking.
Old 19th December 2009, 10:38   #84
BHPian

O.K people,
i read most of your posts, just got me thinking, for a woman to be your gf/wife/lover that means you really love her? right. just treat her like you do your car, listen to her when she has a problem, listen very carefully or else you wont find the problem, one u do, solve it to your best ability, or else get help on how to solve it. If you don't it would develop into a bigger problem. If you have been careless (missed a service etc) pamper her (with a detailing job or service with the best lubricants in the market) ie a spa or expensive dinner. just treat her like your car. you treat her well she'll serve you well, abuse her and she'll let you go at your time of need. Call me crazy but thats what i feel. This is what I've done and it has served me well till date (8 years to be precise).
Old 22nd December 2009, 20:04   #85
BHPian

Use of URDU - the language of romance

Here is one of my tips to impress a lady.

Be the poet. Be the 'Shayar.' Make extensive use of Urdu, the language of romance, in your conversations.

For example, when you see a new pic of the girl on her Facebook profile, you can comment something like this,

"Wah Wah, Wah Wah. Aisa lag raha hai jaise Jannat ke Paydaan pe Phoolon ka ek Kyaara hai. Aur Jannat ke us Paydaan ke phoolon ke kyaare ka sabse khoobsoorat gulab mano meri taraf shrmaata-o-balkhaata hua chala aa rahar ho."

Remember guys. Flattery works with a lot of women. A litle bit of exagerration must also be excercised.
Old 22nd December 2009, 21:54   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum_torque View Post
...Make extensive use of Urdu, the language of romance, in your conversations.
"Wah Wah, Wah Wah. Aisa lag raha hai jaise Jannat ke Paydaan pe Phoolon ka ek Kyaara hai...
Like Balma Rashid ul Khairi (KK Menon) in Aagey Se Right
-BJ
Old 22nd December 2009, 22:00   #87
Senior - BHPian

Ah , a really interesting thread.
Old 22nd December 2009, 22:41   #88
Senior - BHPian

Interesting read... wonder how I missed this till now.

Ok so pleasing a woman (wife/gf) with words... I'd say it is nearly impossible when she is really pissed off by what you did, or when she's very angry at you. The best option left for any man is to keep his mouth shut. Browse team-bhp in solitude.

Time will change things, emotional changes in women are really unpredictable and sometimes so fast, but you can do your talking when things turn in your favor.
Old 23rd December 2009, 12:36   #89
Senior - BHPian

Just say this.

"The name is Bond... James Bond".

Seriously My dad had tought me, there is just one way to please them, listen to them !!

Pramod
Old 23rd December 2009, 13:51   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Don't worry too much the situation will be reversed very soon at the max a day after marriage, it's law of nature which applies universally.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks