Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2009, 12:54   #31
Team-BHP Support

Whenever a shop tries to make me fill a prize coupon, I always refuse saying I not lucky, I have never won any lottery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
I am wondering, why are these guys pressing so much for auto-debit stuff? Something is definitely fishy here!
That way they will make sure they only deduct the minimum payment, ensuring maximum rotation of credit. If you want to make full payment, you have to do manually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Well everyone is in to this fraud but Country Club folks in Bangalore have a bunch of female tele callers with extremely irritating voice quality.
I am not sure whether it was Country club, I think it was, but it has been 3-4 years now. I got this call from a club, it was the sweetest voice I have heard on telephone. She spoke in an almost flirtatious tone, almost impossible to say no to such a voice. I finally managed to say no and disconnected. But the voice continued to linger in my ears for a while.

Last edited by Samurai : 26th May 2009 at 12:55.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2009, 13:36   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
The other day a Travel agency called me up saying i won a prize with 2 options where i could select frpm 2 gifts.
When i told i didnt enter any contest,they said it was mobile number that was chosen as lucky winner,hence these gifts were in store.
i realised that there was a catch and simply turned down.In the end it was a 15 minute pointless conversation during my hectic office schedule.
This is the most common modus operandi these folks use. We get excited and listen to what they say. You know in sales, if you get an audience to hear what you say, there are better chances of conversion.

I am sure they must have invited you to some conference where you have to participate for 2 hours and listen to them brain wash you.

It is similar to the time-share concept that started way back in late 90's in the US. Just bang the phone down when people call with such preposterous offers
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2009, 13:39   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
You know in sales, if you get an audience to hear what you say, there are better chances of conversion.
Just bang the phone down when people call with such preposterous offers
ha ha,
we are getting this quote from a sales guy!!!
Old 26th May 2009, 13:52   #34
BHPian

I have started this thread and put down my experience with club mahindra to let every one know what is happening and do not fall for this trap. i am very happy that most of you all have not fallen for this kind of tricks.
after reading all the experiences i now know what to say if againg i won a lucky draw coupon.

keep those experiences comming.

uday
Old 26th May 2009, 13:53   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

ClubMahindra has been uniformly and consistently nasty, treating its members badly, with yours truly being one of the victims. My personal experience with ClubMahindra has left a bad taste in my mouth for ever, and is similar to many other members' experiences. Take a look at eNidhi: A professional amateur: Product Reveiw-Club Mahindra Holidays Timeshare Membership (contains an excellent analysis of why one must keep miles away from ClubMahindra), Club Mahindra Complaints and Club Mahindra | ComplaintsBoard.com. There are thousands of disgruntled members whose money is blocked with Club Mahindra, and who would like to cut their losses and exit the membership, but there are no buyers of used memberships.

I managed to exit with a comparatively small loss of Rs.7000 or so, and I consider myself extremely lucky for it. Of course, I am glad of the fact that Club Mahindra has nothing to do with M&M, our favourite SUV makers.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 26th May 2009 at 13:56.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2009, 14:01   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
I am glad of the fact that Club Mahindra has nothing to do with M&M, our favourite SUV makers.
club mahindra is brand owned by mahindra group and it is part of group business. please check Mahindra Corporate

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 26th May 2009 at 14:02.
ASHISHPALLOD is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2009, 14:55   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
club mahindra is brand owned by mahindra group and it is part of group business. please check Mahindra Corporate
True, ClubMahindra is a brand under the Mahindra corporate umbrella, but the management is completely different and unrelated to M&M. That is what I meant.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2009, 15:13   #38
RAC
BHPian

OT:
Have you ever had female tele callers call you and say 'why don't you take this offer <my first name here>. This is such a good offer yaaar...'.
And on my refusal - 'what is the problem yaaar.....'
Old 26th May 2009, 15:37   #39
BHPian

It hapenned to me too but this was Zest, club mahindra group. I generally don't fill the lucky coupons. Since my family told we all filled in the coupon. As usual I got a call after 2-3 days stating that I have won 2 movie tickets and there will be a meeting after the movie. I told that I have office and couldn't come. Then they told that they would send a marketing guy in the weekend to explain about the plans. The guy explained me all the features and price. It seems to be a good one however the prices has gone almost double as my uncle has bought 1 year back for less.
Old 26th May 2009, 15:45   #40
Senior - BHPian

These club Mahindra chaps had called me once. I disconnected immediately and I had their number on the blocked list on the phone.

But why are we complaining! Our problems are nothing compared to those who have been fooled into taking up the membership. There are simply too many horror stories about ruined holidays and lost money due to Club Mahindra.
Old 26th May 2009, 15:48   #41
Team-BHP Support

After falling prey to this once, i have wisened up, and refused at point blank to fill up any these forms which are pushed up my face at various malls and exhibitions. i have also informed many of my friends about this ploy to try and get the word across.

From my experiences, its not just Club Mahindra who resort to such gimmicks, but a lot of others as well.
Old 26th May 2009, 17:50   #42
BHPian

It happens all the time, long time ago I remember country club doing almost the same thing. Called up, begged us to attend the seminar, gave those useless vouchers to us. And for all this we had to drive down for about an hour.
Old 26th May 2009, 17:57   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAC View Post
OT:
Have you ever had female tele callers call you and say 'why don't you take this offer <my first name here>. This is such a good offer yaaar...'.
And on my refusal - 'what is the problem yaaar.....'
even more OT:

I had this Tamil speaking friend. She learnt the meaning of yaar as friend and came and announced in the hall, "tum to mere yaar ho".
Old 26th May 2009, 18:15   #44
BHPian

Very often (atleast twice a year) I get a call saying that I have won a lottery for some XYZ Crore Rupees and I need to visit thier office with my cheque book to collect the price money. I have a standard reply that please cut the courier charges from the prize amount and courier me the prize money cheque to my address which you must obviously be having. All the callers till date have a record hanging up the phone after this reply !
Old 10th August 2009, 20:08   #45
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Club Mahindra members-any one on Tbhp

Hi all,
Just curious to know if any clubmahindra members on board.
I am a member since 2007.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks