Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2014, 13:13   #2386
AVR
BHPian

re: Which watch do you own?

Any views on the authenticity of the watches here?

http://www.swisswatchcompany.in/
Old 12th August 2014, 17:05   #2387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
Any views on the authenticity of the watches here?

http://www.swisswatchcompany.in/
Not at all authentic. These chaps are the same fellows who ran digaaz.com which was another con site, as Google uncle will tell you. When a deal is too good to be true, it isn't true.

They claim to be affiliated to the US store of the same name but a whois search shoes that is a lie. Don't do it.
Old 13th August 2014, 12:27   #2388
BHPian

Can someone here let me know where to find original or authentic looking straps for Casio F-91W ? I'm from Hyderabad and have searched and asked around at a lot of watch shops, but couldn't find them.

A couple of weeks ago I saw straps for Rs.160 on casioindiaclub but that site has since been down.

I have two of these watches that need straps. Your help is highly appreciated!
Old 13th August 2014, 12:59   #2389
Senior - BHPian

I have been searching for Electric Blue HMT Kohinoor for years now! If anyone has any pointer towards it, I would really appreciate it.
Old 14th August 2014, 09:30   #2390
Senior - BHPian

I wanted to gift a watch to my mother and was hovering around Rado and Longines in my local store. they only offered a maximum discount of 10% whereas i got a discount of flat 15% of buying from ethoswatches.com. I bought a Rado Florence Diamond watch. Hope the experience and delivery remains good.
Old 3rd September 2014, 13:49   #2391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhagathmp View Post
The best part (or the technology involved here) is there is no need to hand wind or batteries needed. Just wear it and it will run. If I don’t pick it up for two days, it sort of goes into hibernation. Pick it up, wear it on my wrist - and there she comes alive. Just need to correct the time and date though !
That's because it is an Automatic. Read more about it here.

Awesome watch by the way.
Old 4th September 2014, 11:24   #2392
BHPian

Anybody has received the 'Provogue' watch for Rs.299 that you can avail by logging into ICICI bank netbanking? The cost of the watch is Rs.2499, but if you login to ICICI, then only the shipping/handling charges need to be paid.
Old 5th September 2014, 12:23   #2393
Senior - BHPian

I am interested in buying a Longines LA GRANDE CLASSIQUE. Any reviews please
Old 5th September 2014, 14:12   #2394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blr_RK View Post
Anybody has received the 'Provogue' watch for Rs.299 that you can avail by logging into ICICI bank netbanking? The cost of the watch is Rs.2499, but if you login to ICICI, then only the shipping/handling charges need to be paid.
believe me 299 includes the price of the watch . There used to a watch from reebok with similar pricing, i have seen the that watch it was worth maximum 100-150rs.
Old 5th September 2014, 15:49   #2395
lsp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
believe me 299 includes the price of the watch . There used to a watch from reebok with similar pricing, i have seen the that watch it was worth maximum 100-150rs.
Absolutely agree to that. My experience is also based on the Reebok watch. Third rate product.
Old 5th September 2014, 21:49   #2396
BHPian

I wear Swatch, Fossil.

Guys, don't fall for the watches shown in spam websites. There are few websites that will claim to sell original for a huge discounts due to those products being outdated.
Firstly, luxury brands do not make in excess. secondly, they will prefer to have outdated stock destroyed rather than have them sold via a third party.
Old 6th September 2014, 12:28   #2397
BHPian

I have seen the seiko 2nd gen Orange Monster srp309k1 for around 220 USD on US websites. Is there any website that would ship to India, and include customs duties in their billing. I can get it locally for around Rs 22,000/- so if I could get it imported for around Rs 17,000/-, it would mean a significant saving. Any ideas guys?
Old 6th September 2014, 13:15   #2398
BHPian

Is the casioindiaclub.com website shutdown for good? It's been on "Maintenance" for the last couple of weeks!
Old 7th September 2014, 10:13   #2399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
I have seen the seiko 2nd gen Orange Monster srp309k1 for around 220 USD on US websites. Is there any website that would ship to India, and include customs duties in their billing. I can get it locally for around Rs 22,000/- so if I could get it imported for around Rs 17,000/-, it would mean a significant saving. Any ideas guys?
Hi. Login to eBay.com and look for a seller from Singapore. There are 2 big reputed eBay sellers from Singapore who have lots of brand new seiko and citizen watches in their online store. They ship it through FedEx and customs is handled by FedEx and finally when the watch is delivered to you FedEx takes the custom duty from you. I bought my seiko flight master chronograph from this seller "pokemonyou" for about 12k with customs duty in 2012. All prices based on USD.
Old 9th September 2014, 09:43   #2400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
Hi. Login to eBay.com and look for a seller from Singapore. There are 2 big reputed eBay sellers from Singapore who have lots of brand new seiko and citizen watches in their online store. They ship it through FedEx and customs is handled by FedEx and finally when the watch is delivered to you FedEx takes the custom duty from you. I bought my seiko flight master chronograph from this seller "pokemonyou" for about 12k with customs duty in 2012. All prices based on USD.
Thanks mate. Any inkling what the customs duty rate is?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks