Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2017, 12:15   #3046
Senior - BHPian

re: Which watch do you own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiGOD View Post
If you're not so particular about branded leather straps, I strongly suggest that you check out aliexpress. Have bought a couple of leather straps from the same and they're very VFM.
Wow this looks like a good option. Wasn't aware of this, mostly because I have never used Aliexpress. Can you tell me how your experience with Aliexpress was, in terms of shipping etc? Were there any customs complications in India?

Any recommended manufacturers? The brands which are showing up (I did a general search for leather watch bands) are unknown to me.
Old 26th June 2017, 12:33   #3047
BANNED

Remember if you go for Swatch company repairs, then even a third party strap is not acceptable. I remember from my student days, that the original leather straps (replacement) used to come sans the metal clasps. The old one was supposed to be transferred.
Old 26th June 2017, 12:49   #3048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Wow this looks like a good option. Wasn't aware of this, mostly because I have never used Aliexpress. Can you tell me how your experience with Aliexpress was, in terms of shipping etc? Were there any customs complications in India?
The same thumb rules for ebay shopping applies here too. Always look into the seller & product rating, higher number of orders and free shipping. Regarding the customs, I am yet to experience any hassles i.e always got the products free of any customs charges. While placing the order, ask the seller to mark the package as 'GIFT'.

PS : I have only bought relatively cheaper items like microfiber towels, watch straps etc. So can't comment abut the customs clearance of expensive products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Any recommended manufacturers? The brands which are showing up (I did a general search for leather watch bands) are unknown to me.
Same here, not aware of any brands that are mentioned there. I always stick to the rules mentioned above and the products that I received, has always been of excellent quality.
Old 30th June 2017, 12:33   #3049
BHPian

I need help with replacing battery of tag heuer formula 1.
I live in a small town ( jamshedpur).
what would be approximate cost and place to go?
Old 1st July 2017, 11:21   #3050
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
I need help with replacing battery of tag heuer formula 1.
I live in a small town ( jamshedpur).
what would be approximate cost and place to go?
Here in Delhi the cost is around 800 including the waterproof gasket which they change every alternate time. Be careful in getting it done at a non-authorized service centre, as any leak will void warranty. Here is what I got on searching

https://www.justdial.com/jamshedpur/...MgVGFnIEhldWVy

In case they are not authorised repair centre, your only recourse is to get it done in a Metro - Delhi, Kolkata etc.
Old 2nd July 2017, 18:43   #3051
BHPian

Nice Thread. Glad to see a collection of watches.

Can't wait to list out my current and only one. A Fossil Automatic Skeleton Watch(ME3080P) showing inside out of everything it has got.

Which watch do you own?-img_8928.jpg

Which watch do you own?-img_8930.jpg

Which watch do you own?-img_8941.jpg
Old 4th July 2017, 16:26   #3052

My TISSOT QUICKSTER QUARTZ CHRONOGRAPH
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-img_20160126_163347.jpg  

Old 4th July 2017, 21:18   #3053
BHPian

Here is my collection. Left to Right in order of age. Seiko5, Tissot Le Locle, Gshock and Orient RayII, fresh from U.S. I changed the band from the original metal to leather . Had a HMT pilot as well but was stolen some time back.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-1499183172317.jpg  

Old 4th July 2017, 23:36   #3054
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone here bought watches from The Prime - Luxury Watch Boutique? If so, how has been your experience compared to say Ethos?
Since GST is implemented, i believe prices would have increased though it isn't updated on their website, but i received a call from Prime saying they are willing to negotiate for a discount.
Was interested in an Oris Aquis.
Old 12th July 2017, 09:49   #3055
Senior - BHPian

My latest daily wear! Moto 360 G2.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-img_20170712_094353.jpg  

Old 12th July 2017, 11:31   #3056

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suryendu87 View Post
Nice Thread. Glad to see a collection of watches.

Can't wait to list out my current and only one. A Fossil Automatic Skeleton Watch(ME3080P) showing inside out of everything it has got.

Attachment 1653415

Attachment 1653416

Attachment 1653417
Fossil is the underdog in the market I'd say. I own an Fossil Q Smart Hybrid and havent been happier. That watch is definitely a beast right from how it feels all the way to the feature set...
Old 17th July 2017, 12:30   #3057
BHPian

I have got a query. I've never owned a watch before. I have got a budget of around $8,500 to buy a watch. What would be your suggestions? Which brand/ model is known to hold the resale value?
Old 17th July 2017, 12:58   #3058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooraj.naik View Post
I have got a query. I've never owned a watch before. I have got a budget of around $8,500 to buy a watch. What would be your suggestions? Which brand/ model is known to hold the resale value?
Can you confirm if your budget is 8,500 dollars? Or was that a typo? I guess since you are asking about resale value, your budget might be in dollars. Anyways, check out the website of Ethos (a multi brand watch retailer) - it will give you plenty of options to choose from.
Old 17th July 2017, 13:09   #3059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Can you confirm if your budget is 8,500 dollars? Or was that a typo? I guess since you are asking about resale value, your budget might be in dollars. Anyways, check out the website of Ethos (a multi brand watch retailer) - it will give you plenty of options to choose from.
Yes, that's affirmative. It is in dollars. Since I have never owned any watch and it is the first time, wanted to have a first-hand response from team-bhp. Any other forum doesn't help me in gaining trust.
Old 17th July 2017, 13:45   #3060
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooraj.naik View Post
Yes, that's affirmative. It is in dollars. Since I have never owned any watch and it is the first time, wanted to have a first-hand response from team-bhp. Any other forum doesn't help me in gaining trust.
You can get a Rolex or a Breitling

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks