Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2020, 10:13   #4336
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Which watch do you own?

Don't know if anyone is in the market for an expensive watch, but by God, this is the BEST looking watch I have ever seen in my life. Am sold...hook, line & sinker. Seriously, I don't think any Rolex or Patek Philippe touches this beauty:
Which watch do you own?-tag.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 28th July 2020 at 10:14.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th July 2020, 12:56   #4337
Senior - BHPian

It'll come at a massive discount from Ethos, as well.
v1p3r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2020, 13:12   #4338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Don't know if anyone is in the market for an expensive watch, but by God, this is the BEST looking watch I have ever seen in my life. Am sold...hook, line & sinker. Seriously, I don't think any Rolex or Patek Philippe touches this beauty:
Attachment 2035434
This one is a killer watch as well! A special edition for 50 years of moon landing. The dial is made to look like the surface of moon. Insane level of details captured.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-c891b3685b8c4eb89c185ee9af439619.jpeg  

Last edited by musclecar : 28th July 2020 at 13:13. Reason: Adding more info.
musclecar is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 22:19   #4339
BHPian

So, here's my latest acquisition...the classy GA 2100 in the most popular Stealth Black version. This is my 3rd Casio Watch and honestly, best of the lot. Legibility might be a problem sometimes it seems, but will have to check. It seems smaller than my G-Shock Mudman, which i was not expecting, to be honest. Thankfully, my wrists are not too big and this one fits perfect. Honestly, this was an impulsive buy and i was not watch hunting. Just came across this as Available while casually browsing the Casio India Website and temptation gave in.
I can see this Available In Stock on Casio Website, as i am posting this message. Seems they have received new stock as mine is July 2020 mfg. So, grab it while it lasts. Now, for some Pics to drool.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-img_20200730_194421.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-img_20200730_194532.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-img_20200730_194639.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-img_20200730_195103.jpg  

abhi3284 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 03:01   #4340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
So, here's my latest acquisition...the classy GA 2100 in the most popular Stealth Black version. This is my 3rd Casio Watch and honestly, best of the lot.
Haha I got this 'CasiOak' in red. It's a fun watch!
v1p3r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 00:01   #4341
Distinguished - BHPian

I was looking for a budget wrist watch with a blue dial since last few months.

Was visiting the 'Ethos' website frequently, and few days back I stumbled on the Fossil Men's Neutra Hybrid Analog Dial watch in Amazon.

The watch looked good and I quite liked the blue colored dial with the brown leather. Got it from Amazon for Rs 11,995.

The box lacked a proper owners manual, so I had to Google out a bit on how to configure this watch. Finally downloaded the Fossil Hybrid app and paired the watch with my phone. Then by following the online instructions, got the initial set up done. It's quite easy once you get a hang of it.

Which watch do you own?-1.jpg

The biggest deterrent of this watch is the battery life. Like other smart watches, this one do not come with a charger. It has a one time usage battery which can't be charged. Hence the battery life varies from 5 to 12 months depending on usage.

Now visiting Fossil service center once or twice a year for battery replacement will be a pain. So a bit of research showed me, this watch uses a common CR2430 battery and it can be replaced easily at home. That was a relief. The Reneta CR2430 battery is available in Amazon too. I decided to keep one or two in stock, once the battery level will come down to 50%. Battery level can be checked through the app.

Yesterday, I decided to replicate the procedure, just for a trial.

Insert a one rupee coin on the groove. There are three dots. One on the back cover which needs to be opened and the other two on the body. We need to align with the left dot to open and on the right dot in the center to close it back. The dots are not visible in the below pics.

Which watch do you own?-2.jpg

Rotate it anticlockwise till two small dots match in a line.

Which watch do you own?-3.jpg

Just a tap or pull from the side and the back cover comes off easily & take the battery out.

Which watch do you own?-4.jpg

Which watch do you own?-5.jpg

Reinsert the new battery with the '+' sign facing up.

Which watch do you own?-6.jpg

Put back the cover and rotate it by the coin in a clockwise direction to match the dots again & it's done.

It's hardly a 3 to 5 mins job.

Last edited by Samba : 1st August 2020 at 00:10.
Samba is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 08:39   #4342
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Attachment 2035434

Absolutely agree. Tag makes some of the best looking sportiest watches.
My favourite is this one.

https://www.tagheuer.com/in/en/timep...1R.BA0799.html
turbo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 09:28   #4343
Senior - BHPian

^^ I didn't know they made mechanical watches. Are they able to make their own movements or buy from ETA?
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 10:00   #4344
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
^^ I didn't know they made mechanical watches. Are they able to make their own movements or buy from ETA?

Tag just makes one in-house movement, its called the Calbre 1887, which was renamed to Heuer-01 in 2015.

All others, including the Calibre 16 are based of ETA

Here's a review of watch.
turbo is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 12:48   #4345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
I can see this Available In Stock on Casio Website, as i am posting this message. Seems they have received new stock as mine is July 2020 mfg. So, grab it while it lasts. Now, for some Pics to drool.
What a beautiful watch. I always aspired to get a G-Shock but the size was a big deterrence. Plus i have a couple of casual watches including a Samsung Gear S3 which isn't used much since they don't go well with the typical everyday corporate professional Avatar on weekdays. A beautiful minimalist Kenneth Cole handles the daily duties for now, atleast it was until the lockdown started.

Loved the watch in your pics and the those posted by some other members previously. So ordered it straightaway from the casio india official website yesterday. While the order was yet to be dispatched, the price went down by 10% today as part of some sale. The seller was kind enough to cancel my previous order immediately and I placed a new order at discounted price.

Researched a bit on all the hype around this watch and its frankly pretty crazy these are/were selling for 3-4 times their price abroad and for a change, we are getting it at under the listed price of $99

If someone is interested, here's the link to Casio india website
https://www.casioindiashop.com/Watch...ens-watch.html

Also these are my favorite watches. The Tag is a copy gifted maybe 8-9 years back but it still works well
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-img_20200801_125839.jpg  

Last edited by camitesh : 1st August 2020 at 13:07. Reason: Adding pictures of watches
camitesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 15:25   #4346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camitesh View Post
What a beautiful watch. I always aspired to get a G-Shock but the size was a big deterrence. Plus i have a couple of casual watches including a Samsung Gear S3 which isn't used much since they don't go well with the typical everyday corporate professional Avatar on weekdays. A beautiful minimalist Kenneth Cole handles the daily duties for now, atleast it was until the lockdown started.

Loved the watch in your pics and the those posted by some other members previously. So ordered it straightaway from the casio india official website yesterday. While the order was yet to be dispatched, the price went down by 10% today as part of some sale. The seller was kind enough to cancel my previous order immediately and I placed a new order at discounted price.

Researched a bit on all the hype around this watch and its frankly pretty crazy these are/were selling for 3-4 times their price abroad and for a change, we are getting it at under the listed price of $99

If someone is interested, here's the link to Casio india website
https://www.casioindiashop.com/Watch...ens-watch.html

Also these are my favorite watches. The Tag is a copy gifted maybe 8-9 years back but it still works well
Glad i could be of some help and you could place the order. Makes it more sweet that you were able to grab the 10% discount as well. When i placed the order couple of days ago, the Casio Sale had started but the CasioOak's did not have any discount. Seems they started providing a 10% discount since yesterday night. As i see on the Casio Website right now, the Stealth version is Sold Out. Do post pics once you get hold of it.

Last edited by abhi3284 : 1st August 2020 at 15:26. Reason: Correction
abhi3284 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2020, 21:49   #4347
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuza View Post
Got myself a Seiko 5 Sports Green dial today. Really liked the color from pictures and looks better in person in my opinion, especially under light.
Guess what, i just came here to post about this watch

https://www.ethoswatches.com/product...-srpd83k1.html

Which watch do you own?-163696.jpg

What is your review about the watch, of all my watches, i have been missing an Automatic from sometime. I have been planning to get a Rado heart from sometime, but guess it still needs to wait.

Also if you don't mind sharing the cost, currently it is retailing for around 18200 on Amazon.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 3rd August 2020 at 23:56. Reason: Uploading image as attachments instead of hotlinking them.
AtheK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 22:45   #4348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Guess what, i just came here to post about this watch.What is your review about the watch, of all my watches, i have been missing an Automatic from sometime.
Also if you don't mind sharing the cost, currently it is retailing for around 18200 on Amazon.
It's a great watch, I personally love it. Overall quality is definitely great for the price, and the sun burst dial is beautiful. Got it for 16.5k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
No Seiko post is complete without a lume shot and a wrist shot. Please post both if possible.
My bad. Here are a few.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-img_8390.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-img_7664.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-img_7663.jpg  

Yakuza is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 6th August 2020, 17:52   #4349
BHPian

for all HMT, manual winding and Automatic watch aficionados,

One of my long time suppliers for old watches is now in dire straits due to the pandemic. He has a few watches for sale, which I have picked up to try and sell on digital medium.

Please PM me if anybody likes a specific watch, prices are reasonable.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-whatsapp-image-20200806-2.23.27-pm.jpeg  

Which watch do you own?-whatsapp-image-20200806-4.15.04-pm.jpeg  

Which watch do you own?-whatsapp-image-20200806-4.32.12-pm.jpeg  

Which watch do you own?-whatsapp-image-20200806-5.42.25-pm.jpeg  

shivshanker is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th August 2020, 00:18   #4350
BHPian

I'm looking for an automatic. Did anybody find a good deal on an automatic in Prime days/Flipkart?
zaphodb is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks