Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2011, 14:53   #976
Senior - BHPian

re: Which watch do you own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh View Post
As I told these are very high quality fakes and 99/100 people won't be able to make out unless you have a very very keen eye. In case of my friend, a semi circle on one of the chronography dial wasn't aligned.

He spoke to the seller, who agreed instantly to take the watch back once he threatened to take the watch to a casio warranty outlet.

This is the seller from which he bought his from.
elanwatch701 | eBay
Well if 99 people put of 100 including the buyer and a shopkeeper who sells the Original stuff thinks its genuine then why does it matters if its a very high quality fake or original! I mean if the watch works perfectly fine and noone can differentiate it then the buyer should be happy!!
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2011, 16:34   #977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Well if 99 people put of 100 including the buyer and a shopkeeper who sells the Original stuff thinks its genuine then why does it matters if its a very high quality fake or original! I mean if the watch works perfectly fine and noone can differentiate it then the buyer should be happy!!
Absolutely right, the seller had confirmed that its a genuine Casio so I guess its time to windup the discussion here as there's no point in discussing without any reason.

Anyways I've cross checked with the other watch I've and its working perfectly with all functions. Here's it:

Which watch do you own?-casio-edifice.jpg
Which watch do you own?-casio-edifice-ef534d1av.jpg

@Akhilesh, that was not my seller, you can refer my link and verify it. I accept that there are some sellers who used to make money from the buyers by selling fake products. You can always verify the genuineness of the product with some one who deals with and if it turns out to be a fake one, ask for a refund including the return shipping charges. This is what EBay does.

Last edited by sajjt : 25th May 2011 at 16:45.
Old 25th May 2011, 17:40   #978
BHPian

New Addition to my collection:

Seiko Pilot Chronograph
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-159025_081026172634_snd255_pilot_b2.jpg  

Old 26th May 2011, 12:37   #979
BHPian

Planning to buy a Tissot in Bangalore. Can any one suggest a good genuine shop where i can get good discounts on the watch?
I am getting 20% discount on MRP of the watch in Hyderabad.
Similar discounts are appreciated in Bangalore.

thanks
MSVG
Old 26th May 2011, 20:56   #980
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
I have this same watch which i had bought some 6/7 years back, I don't believe Casio still manufacturing the same model.
Old 26th May 2011, 21:13   #981
BANNED

Quote:
I am sorry but I dont wan't to argue on this. After all its your money. I was just sharing what happened with my friend on the forum. My posts weren't directed at anyone in particular.
Old 26th May 2011, 21:29   #982
AWD
BHPian

Heavily discounted watches on Ebay are Company seconds, Rejected pieces or High quality fakes. Chek yourselves if you have a keen eye, its easy to spot the differences.
Old 27th May 2011, 10:14   #983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
I have this same watch which i had bought some 6/7 years back, I don't believe Casio still manufacturing the same model.
I too bought that watch 3 years back. I was referring to the other one which I've bought last time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Heavily discounted watches on Ebay are Company seconds, Rejected pieces or High quality fakes. Chek yourselves if you have a keen eye, its easy to spot the differences.
Sir, I still have faith in my local dealer who is dealing in Casio watches officially who has got more than 5 shops in around here.
Old 1st June 2011, 14:51   #984
PPS
Senior - BHPian

One more to add to my small collection.

Which watch do you own?-por.jpg
Old 1st June 2011, 15:09   #985
BHPian

Quote:
Unless the shopkeeper validated the authenticity using some serial number or barcode or anyother credible information, I wouldn't take his words. There are a lot of fakes which you cannot visibly confirm as fake. The fake will start wearing out sooner than than the original does. It's always better to buy an expensive watch from showroom than buying it online. Also if you plan your purchase, you can cash in during the discount season.
Old 7th June 2011, 14:49   #986
BHPian

own a seiko snp079 Chrono (2 yrs old) and a HMT Suraj automatic 21 Jewels (24+ yrs old).
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-snn079p1a.jpg  

Old 8th June 2011, 10:23   #987
Distinguished - BHPian

Seiko

Just ordered a Seiko SNZH27. Already delivered to my brother in US, now waiting for it to be sent over.

It's an automatic. Black Ion Plated steel strap & black casing.

Which watch do you own?-snzh271.jpg

Which watch do you own?-snzh27big.jpg
Old 8th June 2011, 12:29   #988
BHPian

Nice thread guys,

Here you go, below are the some of the watches I currently own..

1. Seiko Velatura, bought in Thailand in Jul 2010, cost me abt 35k INR

2. Suunto Core, bought online from gadgets.in in Mar 2011, cost abt 12k, has an excellent compass, barometer and altimemeter apart from the usual sports watch trappings.

3. Tissot, bought in Antwerp in Dec 2008, cost abt 12k

Will try and put more soon.

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-seikovelaturayachtingtimer.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-suuntocorev4.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-tissot.jpg  

Old 8th June 2011, 14:09   #989
Senior - BHPian

Re: Seiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Just ordered a Seiko SNZH27. Already delivered to my brother in US, now waiting for it to be sent over.

It's an automatic. Black Ion Plated steel strap & black casing.
That's a beauty! I love this sort of simple, classic look in a watch. Chronos somehow seem too cluttered to me.

Mind sharing the price?

EDIT: Does it come with an international warranty?

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 8th June 2011, 15:00   #990
Distinguished - BHPian

@Vikram, thanks. The exact reasons why I chose this one. Main features I wanted were the day/date + visibility in the dark, and all metal.

2 yrs dealer worldwide warranty and dealer claims they are original Seiko. Will know about the international part after I get the papers & the watch. Brother said it looks very well built. Seiko also provides a 2 yr warranty, so taking a chance here.

Listed on Amazon for $217, but got for $149 from another dealer. Pretty much half the cose of what it would have cost here.

(Honestly, still torn between this model & couple of Ecodrives that I had seen - again, no Chrono / Tachy's).
condor is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed