Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2012, 05:38   #1246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by artofzen View Post
@Hviswanantahan - Nice collection.

But the Patek Philipe, Movado and Longiness looks like replica.
That is correct. The Patek Philippe, Movado, Rado, and Longines in that picture are all fakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
Is this Patek Philippe a original or a replica as you had not mentioned anything about it.
The Patek in the pictures is 100% fake. So is the Vacheron.

Last edited by Samurai : 13th February 2012 at 14:57. Reason: back-to-back post
Old 10th February 2012, 06:33   #1247
Senior - BHPian

re: Which watch do you own?

Guys,

Anyone has the Citizen signature collection models ? How are they?

I found these are the higher range citizens price above $1000 in US, so anyone know about the price band in India for Citizen signature collection watches and feedback on them ?

I was thinking of buying a brand new citizen signature collection watch that was really looking wonderful and feels heavy too.

I'm talking about this model watch in the picture below:
Which watch do you own?-e.19018654.jpg

Men's Citizen Signature Grand Complication Eco Drive Watch
Eco Drive Technology. Never Needs A Battery. Charges In Natural or Artificial light
Stainless Steel Bracelet
Stainless Steel Case
Silver Dial
Minute Repeater
Perpetual Calendar
1/4 Second Chronograph
Anti-Reflective Sapphire Glass
Month-Day-Date
Water Resistant To 333 Ft. (100M)
Hand-Assembled
44mm Case
Style #: BZ0000-50A

Last edited by trammway : 10th February 2012 at 06:35.
Old 10th February 2012, 11:43   #1248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Thinking of buying a Casio Protrek. The shop at the mall is quoting MRP. What is the best online site to buy it?

Has anyone used CasioIndiaClub.com ?
Though great outdoor watches,the Protrek arent atomic watches ( yeah ,you will say we dont get atomic sync signals in India) .

You could get the Casio Pathfinder atomic watches from the US for the same price as these Protrek sell in India .

I had long ago bought the PAW 2000 through Amazon as CasioIndiaClub.com didnt sell these. But yeah ,through Amazon you have to pay customs duty as well .I paid 350 USD for the watch and about 3000 INR in cash( cant remember) as duty to the DHL personnel who deliver it .
Old 10th February 2012, 22:57   #1249
BHPian

Quote:
What are the reliable online watch stores in India?
I have used watchkart.com twice and they were very professional on my orders. They too offer around 10-20% discount upfront. You also get coupons which you can use for additional discounts.
Old 11th February 2012, 00:35   #1250
Senior - BHPian

I just went to the shop and grabbed the Citizen that posted here for feedback,when I lifted it in my hand I felt like love at first sight. I really believe Citizen's first break through in luxury watch segment is the signature collection. Just in blink of eyes, I decided to acquire the watch and the jeweler offered 25% discount to boost my interest and that's it I own it.

A gorgeous grand complication Citizen signature collection watch is now in my wrist, I must admit it is going to take couple of days to really understand what are those too many buttons and dials in the face of the watch.

Pictures of my watch

Which watch do you own?-dsc00872.jpg
Which watch do you own?-dsc00873.jpg
Which watch do you own?-dsc00875.jpg

Last edited by trammway : 11th February 2012 at 00:38.
trammway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2012, 00:54   #1251
Senior - BHPian

^^^
When I saw your previous post I was like man!! that is one ugly looking watch. But this real photo looks different and I like it. Some wrist shots please :-) rich guy))

I have an entry level Eco Drive and do not like it. Seiko fan :-))))))

I have set my eyes on Seiko SNA411, poor man's Breitling!! but VitM is a real issue!
Old 11th February 2012, 07:02   #1252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
^^^
When I saw your previous post I was like man!! that is one ugly looking watch. But this real photo looks different and I like it. Some wrist shots please :-)
The stock picture doesn't justify the look, and even the ones of my watch. In real it feels and looks muscular. The most interesting thing I found in the watch about the music it makes. It sounds great, if you also look at the cover under the watch you will notice series of holes that acts like a tiny speaker and one of it's kind. I never seen any watch with holes in the back cover but this one has (remember it does provide water resistance up to 100m)

There you go!

Which watch do you own?-dsc00878.jpg
Which watch do you own?-dsc00876.jpg

Last edited by trammway : 11th February 2012 at 07:07.
trammway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2012, 10:43   #1253
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
Though great outdoor watches,the Protrek arent atomic watches ( yeah ,you will say we dont get atomic sync signals in India) .
What made you think I was looking for atomic watch? I needed a watch with barometer (to predict rain), altimeter and compass during offroading jaunts. I also wanted 200m version (250 series), but that is not available in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
I have used watchkart.com twice and they were very professional on my orders. They too offer around 10-20% discount upfront. You also get coupons which you can use for additional discounts.
Thanks, I'll check it up.
Old 11th February 2012, 11:05   #1254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What made you think I was looking for atomic watch? I needed a watch with barometer (to predict rain), altimeter and compass during offroading jaunts. I also wanted 200m version (250 series), but that is not available in India.

Thanks, I'll check it up.
Apologies for the confusion .I was mentioning atomic solar watches as these are the best that Casio has in this segment ,but you wouldnt be able to use the atomic sync in India .This was just a FYI .
The Pathfinder atomic/solar series have all the features that you need .

PRW2500T-7/1 are the ones that you could look at ? These were launched after I bought my 2000 series :(

Last edited by speedsatya : 11th February 2012 at 11:08.
Old 11th February 2012, 13:40   #1255
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did you check G-Shock - GDF-100GB. it has all features except compass. Reasonably priced. I had picked this one.

Last edited by v&v : 11th February 2012 at 13:43.
Old 11th February 2012, 15:46   #1256
Senior - BHPian

I have been looking for a metal strap (silver or, preferably, black) watch with a little shining red/maroon dial.

I have searched in all Shoppers Stop, Lifestyle and Central outlets in Bangalore, but in vein. Any pointers on where else I could look?
Old 13th February 2012, 15:07   #1257
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by axp817 View Post
That is correct. The Patek Philippe, Movado, Rado, and Longines in that picture are all fakes.

The Patek in the pictures is 100% fake. So is the Vacheron.
Wow, you were replying to a two year old post. Meanwhile, the owner doesn't think it is fake. See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvishwanathan View Post
This was gifted to me and it isnt a replica
Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
This looks like a very nice site, except they don't have the Titanium band model I am looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Did you check G-Shock - GDF-100GB. it has all features except compass. Reasonably priced. I had picked this one.
Too much gold for my taste. I prefer the look of protrek series. Want a titanium band too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
PRW2500T-7/1 are the ones that you could look at ? These were launched after I bought my 2000 series :(
Yes, that is the one.
Old 13th February 2012, 15:20   #1258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
I have been looking for a metal strap (silver or, preferably, black) watch with a little shining red/maroon dial. I have searched in all Shoppers Stop, Lifestyle and Central outlets in Bangalore, but in vein. Any pointers on where else I could look?
What sort of watch are you looking for - chronograph, non-chrono, only time or with day/day-date? What's your budget?

It's no use going to malls; they have a very limited collection of each brand. A better option is to visit specialty watch stores like Just In Time, Helios, Pallazio, Helvetica, Zimson, P.ORR & Sons, C.T.Pundole etc.

Off the top of my head, I can guess that Casio Edifice and Seiko 5 would be the 2 watch ranges that would satisfy your requirement. Check models SNZJ25K1, SRP200K1, SRP132K1 in the link below.

SEIKO 5 - Sports| SEIKO WATCH India Pvt. Ltd.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 13th February 2012 at 15:22.
Old 13th February 2012, 17:04   #1259
BHPian

Quote:
Wow, you were replying to a two year old post. Meanwhile, the owner doesn't think it is fake. See below.
Correct, I was going through all the posts in this thread and couldn't help but notice those.

Making, selling, or owning fakes/replicas/counterfeits is illegal (believe it or not) in most of the world, and why would you want to support someone that is stealing from another's brand image?

Not to mention the fact that the fakes are very poor quality pieces of junk, and a genuine, but not as high-end brand watch is a far, far, far better choice in terms of a quality product adorning your wrist. e.g. It's way cooler to wear a real Casio or Citizen over a fake Rolex, any day.

Of course, in the end it is individual choice that we usually don't worry about too much.

The owner can choose to think what he wants. I was only stating what my trained eye told me, especially because two others had asked that question, and not so much to offend or disrespect the owner.

The "wannabe-Vacheron" in that picture is based on a stainless steel or Platinum Patrimony. SS costs around $15,000 and Platinum $25-30,000.

Patek never made a dual-time watch that looked like that, and the ones that they did, sell upwards of $35K new.

I'm not as familiar with Rado, Longines, Movado, but the watches in those pictures, in general, display very poor quality finishing (compared to the real deal). There is not even little, but NO doubt in my mind that these, very unfortunately, are poor imitations.

Manipal, Konkani?
axp817 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 17:18   #1260
Team-BHP Support

Wow, are you a watch professional or serious connoisseur?

Quote:
I'm not as familiar with Rado, Longines, Movado, but the watches in those pictures, in general, display very poor quality finishing (compared to the real deal). There is not even little, but NO doubt in my mind that these, very unfortunately, are poor imitations.
What about these Longines? http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2661645

Quote:
Manipal, Konkani?
Tulu actually. But we do have 3 Konkani moderators who are not from Manipal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks