Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2012, 01:28   #1426
Senior - BHPian

re: Which watch do you own?

^^^Wow! Bumped into this thread for the 1st time, and saw this old warhorse. Have had this watch (F-91W) since I was a school kiddo. Can't even recall how old it is... but it should be easily 15 years old or maybe more. Had to change the original battery and strap just over a year ago (at a small local shop). Could not source an original strap anywhere (are they available?) The resin strap had hardened over the years and finally cracked. Watch itself looks almost as good as new without a single visible scratch. Looks quite ordinary, but is the epitome Jap quality - everything works just perfect, including the hourly beep, alarm, light, water resistance. Now I wear it only when I go running or where I'd not want to risk wearing my better looking watches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Wow! Am really jealous of people sporting Rolexes, Omegas and Tag Heuers here (just kidding).

My fastrack's battery drained up and a local watch repair guy quoted more than 500 INR for the battery, guess it would be even more expensive at the authorised showrooms.

So started googling to see if I can purchase a battery online for less, and accidentally came across the Casio "Terrorist" Watch retailing at 360 INR.

Yes, it was an impulsive buy. Arrived today morning. Weighs 20 grams, feels like a wristband. Nice features for the price (12/24 hr time formats, day, date, alarm, stopwatch, backlight, water resistant).

Details here:

Casio F91W - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
All of 500 bucks for a Fastrack watch battery? Surely you are being conned. You might be better off visiting an authorised Fastrack/Titan showroom. Better still is DIY, if you can source only the battery at the right price.

And you go the F-91W for just 360? The last I looked (recenty), it was around 750, approx. Are you sure its genuine? Where did you get it from? Do let me know, as I might want to buy one for someone, if available at that price.

Last edited by Raccoon : 21st August 2012 at 01:54.
Old 21st August 2012, 13:10   #1427
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t18 View Post
After seeing your watch I couldn't resist and on an impulse I bought it on the same day from Lenskart. I got it at Rs.5666 with an EMI of Rs.944 for 6 months and I also got a free Sandisk 4gb pendrive.
Congratulations. Nice to know you bought the same watch and got a good deal too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
My new watch..
Got myself a Citizen Skyhawk AT Titanium (JY0010-50E)
Got it from US (skyhawk is not available in India, only Navihawk watches are available as of now)
Awesome watch. How much did it cost you? Did you buy online or at a store?

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
I got this gift from wifey on sunday for being patient with her shopping. It was on my check list for a long time. Actually this was Number 2. The first on wanted list was G Shock Mudman 9300. But sadly after checking with a dozen shops in Ahmedabad i couldnt find it any where. Some how i wasnt 100% sure of ordering it online. So i settled for the 2nd best on my wanted list; Classic Tough Black 7900.
Congrats. I love Casio watches and the classic black is any day a looker.

Btw, you too got a nice watch as gift for being patient with their wifey's shopping. Looks like we need to develop this patience more to increase our watch collection.
Old 21st August 2012, 15:12   #1428
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post

And you go the F-91W for just 360? The last I looked (recenty), it was around 750, approx. Are you sure its genuine? Where did you get it from? Do let me know, as I might want to buy one for someone, if available at that price.
When I bought it, it was Rs. 356. Now unfortunately it says Rs. 401 and out of stock. I got it from here:

Casio Digital Watch - For Men D002 - Price in India , Buy Casio Digital Watch - For Men Online In India, Reviews, Ratings & Features | Flipkart.com

They give you a cash on delivery option, so you can check the product before paying for it. I can vouch for the fact that it is genuine because if you hold down the silver coloured button on the right hand side of the watch for some 5 seconds, it displays 'CASIO' on the screen.

Last edited by Oxy : 21st August 2012 at 15:15.
Old 21st August 2012, 16:10   #1429
Senior - BHPian

^^^Interesting. Maybe the price has dropped recently. If its from Flipkart, it must be genuine. Super durable watch at a good price but very poor on the style department. But thats the case with most Casio watches. My friends call them Grandpa watches. Only their Edifice range seems to have some reasonably good looking models.

Last edited by Raccoon : 21st August 2012 at 16:12.
Old 21st August 2012, 21:26   #1430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trammway View Post
Folks, Once again couple of watches added to the collection. Now the finance ministry also added to purchase. Hence the month of August harvested a Concord(His), Omega Geneva GP(His) and a Longines (Her) watches.

The Omega pictures are not available yet but other two.

Attachment 972640

Attachment 972641
Brainy & Respectful Concord there.......

Beautiful & elegant Longines there....

OLD MONK Omega...Where..????.....Oh!! think you have shipped it to Peelamedu

Quote:
Sorry for digging up this old post, but I am simply in love with the HMT Excel. Any chance I can get it somewhere? I saw it on ebay but it's selling for 6k - Ultra RARE HMT Excel Automatic watch, NOS with Pointer date and 1year warranty. | eBay
As on date, it is not in stock within my contacts
Had a inquired with the seller(eBay seller @ Mumbai) directly...he is firm on his price tag...have approached for some of the other few models, lets see how the deal strucks
For sure..His Excel lency will come my way..soon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Try HMT Bhavan near Mekhri circle. If its not available, you can request them to keep you informed whenever the model is available.

Another store which keeps good stock of HMTs is in BVK Iyengar road. Just enter the street and you will find the store on the right hand side apprx 50 meters from the signal.
No Boss ,HMT Bhavan & the other you mentioned don't have stocks....& moreover there is no chance of new stocks coming in there, as EXCEL is a discontinued model
But we can get it for reasonable prices among the collectors, who might part with .... for some obvious reasons ( like that I got two for some of our guys)

Last edited by mobike008 : 22nd August 2012 at 13:25. Reason: Back to Back Posts. Read the rules before proceeding further.
Old 21st August 2012, 22:04   #1431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertwin View Post
Brainy & Respectful Concord there.......

Beautiful & elegant Longines there....

OLD MONK Omega...Where..????.....Oh!! think you have shipped it to Peelamedu

Ah I thought that this Omega will create the confusion . This is not the 18k Gold Omega constellation in discusison. This is the old school Omega Geneve model gold plated watch, bought it recently.

Here are the pics in my wrist, the scratch like stuff on the crystal is only reflection of the camera not actual scratch.

Which watch do you own?-dsc01384.jpg

Which watch do you own?-dsc01387.jpg
Old 22nd August 2012, 09:43   #1432
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

No Boss ,HMT Bhavan & the other you mentioned don't have stocks....& moreover there is no chance of new stocks coming in there, as EXCEL is a discontinued model
But we can get it for reasonable prices among the collectors, who might part with .... for some obvious reasons ( like that I got two for some of our guys)
My post was generic for HMT models and not necessarily for EXCEL. Even if HMT Bhavan doesn't stock, they generally have a fair idea of when a particular model arrives or who may have some old stock left.

Last edited by JVH : 22nd August 2012 at 09:49. Reason: typo
Old 22nd August 2012, 19:05   #1433
BHPian

Quote:
When I bought it, it was Rs. 356. Now unfortunately it says Rs. 401 and out of stock. I got it from here:

Casio Digital Watch - For Men D002 - Price in India , Buy Casio Digital Watch - For Men Online In India, Reviews, Ratings & Features | Flipkart.com

They give you a cash on delivery option, so you can check the product before paying for it. I can vouch for the fact that it is genuine because if you hold down the silver coloured button on the right hand side of the watch for some 5 seconds, it displays 'CASIO' on the screen.
Goddamn Oxy, you just made me part with my hard earned 401/-

Saw your post about buying this cool and classic Casio for just 356/- and immediately clicked on the link to check it out. I am aware of the glorious history and mass appeal of this watch (and now some bad press too). I have a fetish for watches with historic appeal and this one has loads of it. I missed out on buying a Timex, featured in the movie 'Stranger Than Fiction' but wasn't gonna miss out on this one.

Just placed the order on Flipkart. Will be delivered by 27th. Adding a Casio to my collection.
Old 23rd August 2012, 08:15   #1434
Senior - BHPian

Folks,

Here is my hot Omega Constellation 18k gold watch, Just got this one today.

Which watch do you own?-dsc01388.jpg

Which watch do you own?-dsc01389.jpg

Which watch do you own?-dsc01390.jpg

Which watch do you own?-dsc01392.jpg
Old 23rd August 2012, 21:10   #1435
BHPian

Quote:
Ah I thought that this Omega will create the confusion . This is not the 18k Gold Omega constellation in discussion. This is the old school Omega Geneve model gold plated watch, bought it recently.

Attachment 973222

Attachment 973223
Ah!!..now Solid gold & plated Gold shouldn't be worn on same wrist.....
As 'am a firm believer of >" OLD IS GOLD" , now that Old School Plated thing can find a place comfortably at my wrists!!

Quote:
Folks,

Here is my hot Omega Constellation 18k gold watch, Just got this one today.

Attachment 973822

Attachment 973823

Attachment 973824

Attachment 973825
Pure Bliss.....LOVELY!!
Next.....hm!! PATEK PHILLIPE
mind you....as I was the guy ignited the PP fire in you.....need to have that plated one as token of appreciation

Last edited by powertwin : 23rd August 2012 at 21:12.
Old 23rd August 2012, 21:25   #1436
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Next.....hm!! PATEK PHILLIPE
mind you....as I was the guy ignited the PP fire in you.....
Patek may be the last one to be added (but who knows), I have Rolex, Montblanc and Ulysse Nardin are on the pipeline that may get added either before this year end or early next year.

Last edited by trammway : 23rd August 2012 at 21:26.
Old 24th August 2012, 09:24   #1437
JVH
Senior - BHPian

And so I received my first Omega yesterday :-)
I'll be hunting for a good strap for the next few days and then I'm good to go. Here are a few pics. I'll add a wrist shot as soon as I have something on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-dsc_0358.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-dsc_0363.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-dsc_0364.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-dsc_0365.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-dsc_0366.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-dsc_0367.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-dsc_0368.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-dsc_0377.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-dsc_0379.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-dsc_0381.jpg  

Which watch do you own?-dsc_0382.jpg  

Old 24th August 2012, 11:14   #1438
BHPian

Quote:
I'll be hunting for a good strap for the next few days and then I'm good to go. Here are a few pics. I'll add a wrist shot as soon as I have something on it.
I note that you got this watch via Fedex, did you buy it abroad and get it shipped? just curious, you can chose to ignore my question.
Old 24th August 2012, 12:03   #1439
lsp
BHPian

Quote:
...I'll be hunting for a good strap for the next few days and then I'm good to go...
It may sound like a stupid question as I have no idea of owning high end watches like Omega Rolex Tag Heur.

Does Omega come without a strap, always? Or was your's an offbeat case?

Last edited by GTO : 27th August 2012 at 16:05. Reason: As requested
Old 24th August 2012, 14:39   #1440
BHPian

Quote:
nice watch there , classic looking , the warranty card date is written as 2007 , where did u buy and the damage if you dont mind , else u could pm me pls

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks