Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2012, 09:48   #1621
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Which watch do you own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomzy View Post
Casio Edifice EF-521SP-1AV
Nice looking watch.Looks like it has both date and day display?Can you share the cost and where you bought it from?
Old 4th October 2012, 09:59   #1622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Nice looking watch.Looks like it has both date and day display?Can you share the cost and where you bought it from?

Thanks, Yes it does display the day and date that was the first thing on my mind when i wanted to get a watch. Bought it from Shoppers Stop in Pune, it costed around 9.5k.
Old 4th October 2012, 10:39   #1623
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomzy

Thanks, Yes it does display the day and date that was the first thing on my mind when i wanted to get a watch. Bought it from Shoppers Stop in Pune, it costed around 9.5k.
Does it have a glow in the dark hands and number?
Old 4th October 2012, 10:42   #1624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Does it have a glow in the dark hands and number?
Yes it does have a glow in the dark hands and number.
Old 4th October 2012, 11:28   #1625
Senior - BHPian

I am not a watch collector but somehow I ended up with three.
Which watch do you own?-pa033951.jpg
This one is the one I bought in College. I am a big fan of Timex Indigo dials. This was bought in year 2000 if I recollect right. Special watch for me. It was the one with me through the struggle period of my life. Has faced Heat, Dust, Sweat and Chill with me. I have stopped wearing it because it is a bit small on my wrist now. But it remains special and will be with me always.

Name:  PA033952.JPG
Views: 1500
Size:  63.4 KB
This was gifted by my wife. I wear it the most. Strong and sturdy. Again Indiglo dial. Despite the toughness I managed to scratch it quite heavily.

Which watch do you own?-pa033953.jpg
This was gifted by my BIL. Looks a bit fragile. And scratch prone. I wear it but not so often.
Old 4th October 2012, 15:39   #1626
Senior - BHPian

Found this link on the Ethos Watch Boutiques website: http://www.ethoswatches.com/officialpricelist.aspx

Hope it helps people who are looking for indicative prices of various luxury watch brand models.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 6th October 2012, 11:46   #1627
BHPian

was getting a bit bored of my Rado Coupole and so bought the 'terrorist watch' aka Casio F91W from flipkart. Superb nostalgia factor, insanely cool! Rs.400 well spent!

http://www.flipkart.com/casio-digita...TD9H77SCHVGYDS
Old 6th October 2012, 12:06   #1628
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Not impressed with the customer service from lifestyle. Went there yesterday, as they were not giving any useful info over phone. As expected, they didn't have any updates from factory. Promised to give a call by 11am today, and that deadline has come and gone too.
Quote:
My FOSSIL purchased on the 24th of last month has become a 'fossil' in 2 weeks and has been returned to the factory.
Its been 3 weeks and no news on the watch- issues/ repair/ replacement. Lifestyle finds some or the other excuses to put it on factory (Bangalore?).

Will be going to lifestyle again today. Would like to know if there is any way to escalate matters related to Fossil service in India?
Old 6th October 2012, 14:35   #1629
Distinguished - BHPian

All we ever see on this thread are gentlemen's watches. Don't any of you folks ever buy nice watches for your significant other? Here's one I picked up a couple of months ago - an uncommon brand in India, but a really good one nonetheless...
Which watch do you own?-balmain.jpg

Genuine mother-of-pearl dial, not too sure about the quality of the stones though I was told they are diamonds. Cost about 28k INR, so I don't think I got diamonds!
================================================== =====
Quote:
Would like to know if there is any way to escalate matters related to Fossil service in India?
I don't think Lifestyle is going to take any pains to sort out the matter for you. Talk to Fossil's India office in Bangalore. Address on this link, but no website / email ID available. Raise the issue on Fossil's FB page (http://www.facebook.com/Fossil), as well as Fossil India's FB page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fossil...ref=ts&fref=ts). In short, make a lot of noise. Interestingly, Fossil Inc.'s US website does not appear to have any contact details (email ID etc.) that I can see.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 6th October 2012 at 14:38.
Old 6th October 2012, 14:53   #1630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
This one is the one I bought in College. I am a big fan of Timex Indigo dials. This was bought in year 2000 if I recollect right. Special watch for me. It was the one with me through the struggle period of my life. Has faced Heat, Dust, Sweat and Chill with me. I have stopped wearing it because it is a bit small on my wrist now. But it remains special and will be with me always.
I was wondering how did you managed to keep that in pristine condition even after 12 years of usage. I have a T Expedition which I bought 5 year ago but the condition of the watch is too bad to wear in public. I was using it as one of my daily wear and eventually it proved that its not that rugged as shown in ads. Am not a rough user but still its easy to get scratched on the glass and the outer ring has already lost its prints almost every where and the buttons have already lost its chrome treatment from sides. May be I need to be more careful in using resin case watches.

Last edited by sajjt : 6th October 2012 at 14:55.
Old 6th October 2012, 18:12   #1631
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
I was wondering how did you managed to keep that in pristine condition even after 12 years of usage.
Oh I loved this watch when I bought it. I went around for a year without even removing the plastic protective cover on dial which watches come with.
BTW already the strap has been changed twice. These ones are brand new ones I got and put them on before storing the watch away for good.
Old 7th October 2012, 11:49   #1632
Distinguished - BHPian

One of my Tissots - this one dating back to 1939, originally the property of my maternal grandfather. It's a hand-wound watch in a gold case with a gold back. Had it serviced and cleaned up, but unfortunately a part of the Tissot logo on the dial was wiped out in the process of cleaning up (at the Swatch/Tissot service centre). Repainting the dial will involve sending the watch back to Switzerland as well as considerable expense and time.

For the moment, a new crocodile leather bracelet (original Tissot) has been put on, and the watch runs faultlessly. Not much work was required to get it running - it was ticking fine even after so many years, just losing a minute or two every day. Oiling and adjustment were all that were needed.

Interestingly, there is just one horologist who is competent to fix these old hand-wound watches at the Swatch service centre here!

Which watch do you own?-dsc02387ed.jpg

Which watch do you own?-dsc02388ed.jpg
Old 7th October 2012, 17:40   #1633
BHPian

Added the following Casio (MTP -1342L) to my collection.Simple and Casual kinds :-)
Planning to change the strap to canvas/nylon, probably a wider one.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-casio-front.jpg  

Old 8th October 2012, 16:12   #1634
BHPian

I have a friend of mine who is crazy about watches. These are her collections.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-watches.jpg  

Old 8th October 2012, 17:18   #1635
Distinguished - BHPian

An old one i still use.
Attached Thumbnails
Which watch do you own?-img_20121008_17134211605695529.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks