Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2017, 13:35   #3016
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
In a way I am happy. This leaves me with Rs 16000-17000 odd to place towards the funding of my next exclusive Swiss Automatic time piece.

Im haunting the airwaves and Ethos site and store in particular on the look out for the next big watch.

I dont mind holding my piece for the moment and awaiting the refund from Amazon.

Now the product has arrived at my house. Im supposed to return it for the refund to kick in.

I havent even opened the box.

They are supposed to pick it up on Monday.

Lets see!

Quote:
Now the product has arrived at my house. Im supposed to return it for the refund to kick in.

I havent even opened the box.

They are supposed to pick it up on Monday.

Lets see!

And now the temptation is upon me (simce I ve anyway paid for it), to open and sneak a peek at this watch. But then I ll get sorely tempted to hold on to it!

Let me have my afternoon nap and decide later...

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 10th June 2017 at 16:19. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Old 12th June 2017, 09:11   #3017
Senior - BHPian

re: Which watch do you own?

Quote:
And now the temptation is upon me (simce I ve anyway paid for it), to open and sneak a peek at this watch. But then I ll get sorely tempted to hold on to it!

Let me have my afternoon nap and decide later...
If you ask me, its not worth letting go of a good product due to the vagaries of the carrier. Give the carrier and Amazon their due by making an official complaint or whatever else the grievance redressal mechanism might be, however, that shouldn't stop you from enjoying the product itself. Just my thoughts.
Old 12th June 2017, 10:37   #3018
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
If you ask me, its not worth letting go of a good product due to the vagaries of the carrier. Give the carrier and Amazon their due by making an official complaint or whatever else the grievance redressal mechanism might be, however, that shouldn't stop you from enjoying the product itself. Just my thoughts.
Oh. Last Night I succumbed to temptation and opened the box.
The anti climax. Upon opening the box I found the Box and Warranty Card and Instruction Manual but NO WATCH!!!

I have raised an immediate complaint with Amazon Global who have promised to redress my problem!

This is the ULTIMATE BAD EXPERIENCE!
Old 12th June 2017, 11:17   #3019
BANNED

@shankar.balan; I sincerely hope that the time lost does not come to haunt you. Very sorry to learn of this cheating.
Old 12th June 2017, 11:26   #3020
BHPian

Wow!

Never came across this thread earlier. I thought I loved watches and was a freak when it comes to watches. Looking at this thread has put me in depression.

Suddenly, my watch range looks puny.

Three Watches in total currently:

1. Tissot T Classic (A very recent plunge into Swiss Watches)
Which watch do you own?-img_0113.jpg
Which watch do you own?-tissottclassict0636101103800large.jpg
Which watch do you own?-tissottclassict0636101103800multiple1.jpg

2. Titan Edge (9 Years Old and Still going Strong)
Which watch do you own?-titan-edge.jpg
This photo was taken from the internet. The watch is exactly like this except for a minor change in the dial design. Apologies as I don't have the photo of my watch.

3. A Simple Titan Regalia (5 Years Old)
Which watch do you own?-titan-regalia.jpg
This is my go to watch for rough and tough occasions like sports, jogging and gym etc. because I sweat a lot and don't want to watches to get dirty.

I am quite a Titan Fan and was about to go for the Titan Edge Ceramic (Black Dial with Gun metal finish Steel belt) but changed my mind to move away from Titan once and bought the Tissot T Classic a month back and I am loving it.

The next one about to be ordered is this.

https://www.ethoswatches.com/product...an-me3107.html

First Automatic Watch for me. Will be ordering in a day or two.

Hopefully, soon will have 7 Watches for 7 days of the week.
Old 13th June 2017, 18:16   #3021
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@shankar.balan; I sincerely hope that the time lost does not come to haunt you. Very sorry to learn of this cheating.

Thank you Sir.

I have just got a text message today that the Refund has been processed.
And I got another text today from my credit card company that the money has indeed been credited back.

What I am happy about is that the Amazon chaps stayed true to their promise of prompt redressal.

I am sad in a way that I dont get to own that Orient watch but I guess bigger and better watches are in store for me in that sense...
Old 15th June 2017, 10:37   #3022
AVR
BHPian

Finally took the plunge and went ahead with ordering the Seiko Prospex Padi Solar from creationwatches.com

The process started with me getting a great deal compared to Amazon.in . It was costing me 13k while here it was 29k. I was all excited.

As it turns out, Customs sent me a bill for 11k and ended up not being such a great deal after all.

Having said that, I love the watch and it come brand new with all required documents in the package. I'd been looking at a similar looking Victorinox from Ethos for a year now but it being a Quartz was keeping me away from taking the plunge. This is my first Seiko and am hoping it works out well.

This is how it looks
Which watch do you own?-seikoprospex.jpg
Old 15th June 2017, 11:26   #3023
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post

The process started with me getting a great deal compared to Amazon.in . It was costing me 13k while here it was 29k. I was all excited.

As it turns out, Customs sent me a bill for 11k and ended up not being such a great deal after all.
Nice looking divers watch there. Seiko has a great lineup of divers watches, with the SKX series being legendary. Had a few questions on your purchase, grateful if you could provide your inputs:

1. How does the customs thingy work, when you say that the customs sent a bill to you? Are you required to collect the goods from a particular point, where you need to make payment and then the watch was released to you? Or is it that the carrier paid on your behalf and you had to pay the carrier at the time of delivery?

2. How is the customs bill calculated? You said the price was 13K, and the customs duty seems almost 90% of your purchase price. Do you have clarity on this?

3. Could you please post some real life pics of the watch on your wrist? Is it a heavy / thick piece for an average 6.5 inch wrist? Also, does it have a display case back (unlikely for a divers watch though)?

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 15th June 2017 at 11:28.
Old 15th June 2017, 11:44   #3024
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
1. How does the customs thingy work
DHL sent me an email quoting the amount on behalf of Customs and I confirmed it on email and they paid it on my behalf and collected it from me at time of delivery

2. How is the customs bill calculated? You said the price was 13K, and the customs duty seems almost 90% of your purchase price. Do you have clarity on this?
Customs must have checked the price on Amazon.in or Ethos and decided thereof. In any case, Creation was offering 50% off on the same so actual pricing is in the same ballpark

3. Could you please post some real life pics of the watch on your wrist? Is it a heavy / thick piece for an average 6.5 inch wrist? Also, does it have a display case back (unlikely for a divers watch though)?
Below is a pic clicked right now. Yes its a heavy watch slightly heavier than my Tissot PRS516 but doesn't have a display case back
Which watch do you own?-whatsapp-image-20170615-11.41.16-am.jpeg

Hope this helps

Cheers,
Adi
Old 15th June 2017, 13:00   #3025
BHPian

Did not find any other relevant thread so posting it here:

Porsche Design Develops Its Own Watch Movement

The Porsche Design Chronograph 911 Turbo S—a watch as complex and sporty as its namesake car—is the first timepiece from the iconic brand that features mechanical movement developed by Porsche Design.
The movement, Werk 01.200, took three years to create according to a company statement, and features a complex flyback mechanism, “allowing the elapsed seconds hand to be stopped, returned to zero, and restarted instantly with a single push of a button, such as when clocking lap times during a race.”

Porsche Design’s new in-house movement

The Porsche Chronograph 911 Turbo S

The movement itself is black, and its rotor, visible through the sapphire case back, features a design inspired by an alloy wheel (it’s partially crafted from tungsten).

The watch even riffs on the ride’s design. Its lightweight titanium case is finished with a car-like black carbide coating and its carbon dial incorporates the recognizable carbon fiber strips of the vehicle. At 9 o’clock, a small dial with the lettering “911 Turbo S Exclusive Series” indicates the movement. Even the strap is fabricated from the same leather and yarn used in the seats of the car.

The $12,650 watch is only being offered to individuals who purchase the new $257,000 Porsche 911 Turbo S Exclusive Series sports car and (like the car) will be produced in limited series of 500 each.
(Top: The case back, inspired by an alloy wheel)

Source: http://www.jckonline.com/editorial-a...atch-movement/
Old 16th June 2017, 09:23   #3026
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am sad in a way that I dont get to own that Orient watch but I guess bigger and better watches are in store for me in that sense...
Hi shankar.balan,

I noticed that the Orient India website has some decent looking Bambinos on sale. Since you were keen on one, thought I'd share the link with you.

http://www.orientwatch.in/page/1/?s=...t_type=product

Cheers,
Vikram

P.S: Standard disclaimer - I do not have any personal or professional affiliation with Orient
Old 16th June 2017, 11:01   #3027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Hi shankar.balan,

I noticed that the Orient India website has some decent looking Bambinos on sale. Since you were keen on one, thought I'd share the link with you.
The specific model that he was looking for has been out of stock on Orient India site for last couple of months. This particular model is pretty hard to get since it runs out of stock very quickly. I first tried the Orient India website and then received my piece through Amazon.

The Orient India website has a very limited collection and many popular models available abroad are not listed on it.
Old 17th June 2017, 13:13   #3028
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
Finally took the plunge and went ahead with ordering the Seiko Prospex Padi Solar from creationwatches.com

This is how it looks

Attachment 1648479

This looks so similar to the Omega Seamaster!
Nice watch!
Old 17th June 2017, 13:19   #3029
BANNED

Quote:
The specific model that he was looking for has been out of stock on Orient India site for last couple of months. This particular model is pretty hard to get since it runs out of stock very quickly. I first tried the Orient India website and then received my piece through Amazon.

The Orient India website has a very limited collection and many popular models available abroad are not listed on it.

I m now looking at some of these with Ethos. They vary greatly from each other in Brand image and price, no doubt.

Hopefully I will be able to pick up one or two of them soon. Im looking specifically at stuff which I think is of great design and these are a bunch of what I believe to be smart, well engineered watches.

Which watch do you own?-imageuploadedbyteambhp1497685563.656975.jpg
Which watch do you own?-imageuploadedbyteambhp1497685577.720878.jpg
Which watch do you own?-imageuploadedbyteambhp1497685594.174950.jpg
Which watch do you own?-imageuploadedbyteambhp1497685604.323625.jpg
Which watch do you own?-imageuploadedbyteambhp1497685616.043933.jpg
Which watch do you own?-imageuploadedbyteambhp1497685626.225517.jpg
Which watch do you own?-imageuploadedbyteambhp1497685636.963220.jpg
Which watch do you own?-imageuploadedbyteambhp1497685645.779533.jpg
Which watch do you own?-imageuploadedbyteambhp1497685662.819171.jpg
Old 18th June 2017, 00:33   #3030
Senior - BHPian

Have you had a look at this Favre Leuba?

https://www.ethoswatches.com/product...-08-13-31.html

It is a new release after Favre Leuba came under Titan recently. The movement remains unknown.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks