Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2008, 04:06   #1501
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Guys, ther is something drastically wrong in the website. The whole of yesterday, i wasnt able to access it. Every other website was running consistently and well except for TeamBHP.
Cyrus, since we havent received any other complaints of this, it was probably something wrong with your connection/ISP (maybe a DNS issue) - since the website seemed to work fine for all the other viewers.

Quote:
...My post count has dropped from around 2300 to around 1600 or something. This is impossible!! Can you please please explain how this has happened??...
We have recently updated our post count policy to include the "Collection Of The Best Threads" section in the list of sections not counted towards post count. Please review the policy below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...nt-policy.html

cya
R
Old 8th August 2008, 10:26   #1502
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Hey GTO,

Even though the TD section relies on the owners feedback, some information has still not been updated. I don't mean information that relies on ownership reviews but general information.
Will be updated shortly, Lambo. Thanks.

Quote:
Guys, ther is something drastically wrong in the website. The whole of yesterday, i wasnt able to access it. Every other website was running consistently and well except for TeamBHP.
Check with your ISP. No one else had a problem accessing Team-BHP yesterday.

Quote:
Also, i logged in (finally) yesterday, i was shocked to see another huge problem. My post count has dropped from around 2300 to around 1600 or something. This is impossible!! Can you please please explain how this has happened??

Cheers,
Cyrus.
As replied a little earlier on this page itself:

Quote:
Hi SirAlec, The Support Team decided to include the "Collection of the Best Threads" forum section in the list of forums that don't add to overall post counts (Shifting Gears, Introduce yourself being the others). We noticed one too many single line posts in threads like weird & wacky modifications. Even my post count went down substantially , but remember, post count is far less important than post quality.
Lastly, please strictly avoid posting the same query again and again. Your post regarding the Fiat VCCI thread was deleted, you have used the contact us form and you attempted to bring it up again. Our Contact us emails are replied to each saturday.
Old 8th August 2008, 11:00   #1503
BHPian

GTO, since you managed to get watermarking in the uploaded images would it be possible to have something for uploading scoop images? Something like tiled watermarking. You can use the person's screen name as the watermark text and that will make it easy for people to submit scoops. It will also deter others from stealing images before a proper watermark is applied by mods.

What I suggest is to use something like PicMarkr.com. They have a tiled picture option which can produce images like this

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-image_1.jpg

That offers very good visibility of the car and also of the watermark.
Old 8th August 2008, 14:32   #1504
BHPian

One more request,
Can we have a Previous and Next link, next to the page number thingy? This will make it easier to go to the next page when we browse the site using mobiles.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-request.jpg

In the pic above, I added two buttons. I dont know how difficult or easy this might be, but it will help us a bit. cheers:
srijit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2008, 15:01   #1505
Senior - BHPian

Sirjit we do have previous & next arrows like these

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-pagenavigation.jpg

Its just that they are not titled, is that what you want?

Last edited by Technocrat : 8th August 2008 at 15:02.
Old 8th August 2008, 17:17   #1506
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
GTO, since you managed to get watermarking in the uploaded images would it be possible to have something for uploading scoop images?
Hi Srijit, Thanks for the suggestion. There isn't a way for the software to distinguish between regular pictures & scoops. We'd (the Mod Team) rather watermark scoop pictures on a case-by-case basis, than install a feature into the software.

Appreciate your pointing us toward PicMarkr.com. Thats what we will use from now on.
Old 8th August 2008, 17:21   #1507
Senior - BHPian

What is the solution for inviting friends ???

I think we should think about it and have a button for invite friends, which will inturn send a message to the friend along with the link where they can register, like the gmail,orkut shortcuts

This will reduce lot of time
Old 8th August 2008, 19:23   #1508
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hi Gowda,

As I emailed you, best to use the "Email this page" option under "Thread Tools". That way, your friend would see a page of potential interest too!
Old 9th August 2008, 14:45   #1509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Sirjit we do have previous & next arrows like these

Attachment 36374

Its just that they are not titled, is that what you want?
I know that, but they are too small. When I browse the site using an iPhone, it is nearly impossible to click the small arrows. If they are a bit bigger like the "New Reply" button, it makes them easy to click. It wouldnt clutter up the template too
Old 11th August 2008, 13:14   #1510
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

A general question? Why dont all the photos show the "Team-BHP" tag at the bottom. I have seen some photos which have been uploaded onto Team-BHP but they dont have the tag.
Old 11th August 2008, 13:15   #1511
Senior - BHPian

@V12: The watermark is not displayed for thumbnails currently. When you click on these thumbnails the image that opens up will have the watermark.
Old 11th August 2008, 13:20   #1512
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for the clarification Techno.

One more suggestion though : Is it possible to have the thumbnail size smaller (like imageshack) so that the pages where there are lots of pics load faster (especially for travelogues and autoshows).

Last edited by v12 : 11th August 2008 at 13:22.
Old 11th August 2008, 14:11   #1513
Senior - BHPian

I see a big white space at the top where the garage pics used to be. Whats happening ?

Like this
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-untitled.jpg  

Old 11th August 2008, 14:14   #1514
Team-BHP Support

Garage is only visible on front page.
BTW are you using some adblock app?
Old 11th August 2008, 14:27   #1515
Senior - BHPian

The ads are now appearing taking out the garage. Can this be removed? I do not mind the advts for the nonmembers in front page. But atleast spare the members. OR If we want to block the advts, how to do it ? Any ideas...

Last edited by snaronikar : 11th August 2008 at 14:28.

Most Viewed