Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2008, 13:39   #1531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesquall View Post
Hi,

I always thought, it would be much better if one can look at a thread and find out when it was initiated rather than finding out by entering it.

What do you all think?? Pour in your suggestions as well.

@Mods: what do you think?

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread MERGED. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.
I am absolutely sorry, I will stick to the guidelines. Thanks a lot.
Old 25th August 2008, 14:49   #1532
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Please be aware that several URLs have been banned from this site as their owners tried to push them unsolicited to the extent where it became a nuisance. At other times they even plagiarised from this board. As such ANY member found to be posting such links by using ways to beat the system will have to face Mod Action. So guys please desist from doing anything that you can immediately make out is against the board's policies. This will be considered as willful violation of the rules.
If it is such a serious non-compliance, can we please have a list of these URLs for reference. Even if not exhaustive, at least an indicative one.

Most of the times, the ******* appear after the post has been made.
Old 25th August 2008, 18:13   #1533
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hi Eddy,

Listing them out would be defeating the purpose, wouldn't it? Only those sites which have tried to use Team-BHP for marketing purposes have been blocked out. No sweat if you post links that are eventually blanked out. But please don't try to bypass the system in any way. Thanks
Old 30th August 2008, 19:05   #1534
Senior - BHPian

Why doesn't the Bharat Matrimony advertisement change? It's been there since as many days as i can remember. Well.... bharat matrimony ad sends chill down my spine lol
Old 30th August 2008, 19:22   #1535
Senior - BHPian

I think it's targeted specifically at the bachelors here Sankar. I see the sharekhan ad !!
Old 30th August 2008, 19:34   #1536
Senior - BHPian

I am shocked by several members' negative comments on ads, which they found to be distractive. I want to say two things here A. Ads keep this wonderful site free for us. I am grateful that GTO invested a lot of time, money and passion initially to put this site up and make it successful. Now if you guys want the ads removed then you should pay.

I don't know if it is technically feasible, but the owners of the site should consider paid subscription for those who use adblockers.

B. I came back to t-bhp after a long time recently and was fairly impressed by the number of blue-chip ads on the site. I think it just goes to show the increasing popularity of the site.

One improvement suggestion
Can we appoint an editor who could correct some of the most atrocious English errors in some of the postings? I think the quality of English on the site is getting from bad to worse.

Sudipto

Last edited by GTO : 30th August 2008 at 20:14. Reason: Removing content that's inappropriate for public discussion
Old 31st August 2008, 19:38   #1537
BANNED

We have that thread where people who have commercial interests in ICE are made to disclose their interests. Can we have a similar thread for other sections too?

Some posts make me suspicious that too many car dealers and manufacturers (or their competitors) make loaded posts here.

I want people to disclose their connections with auto dealerships, manufacturers (cars and accessories), used car dealerships, service stations, workshops, etc. Any person providing (or working for snybody) commercial services related to auto industry should disclose their interests.
Old 1st September 2008, 13:54   #1538
Team-BHP Support

Mods, this is regarding a confusion i have. Currently, we have a thread forum called 'Street and Travel Experiences', and then again we have seperate forums for the 'Travelogues' and 'Street Experiences'.

What is different between the threads posted in 'Street and Travel Experiences' and 'Street Experiences'? Why dont we just have the seperate forums, and prevent new threads from being created in 'Street and Travel Experiences' section?
Old 1st September 2008, 14:08   #1539
Senior - BHPian

We have "Street and Travel Experiences " as a parent Forum where in we have following sub Sections:

- Travelogues,
- Route / Travel Queries
- Street Experiences

Anything that doesn't specifically belong to these 3 but is a Street and Travel Experience ca be posted in the main forum instead of the sub sections

I hope this clears
Old 1st September 2008, 17:02   #1540
BANNED

Hi,

Had mentioned this earlier as well but once again would like to say that I get approx 9-10 emails everytime I place an ad which is very annoying.

Please try and see if something can be done. I know there are many other things that may be of greater importance.

Viper

PS - I got 13 emails for the ad posted in the morning and 29 for the one I just posted.

Last edited by viper : 1st September 2008 at 17:18.
Old 1st September 2008, 17:41   #1541
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Viper,

Did you edit your ad after uploading it? That could have led to several emails being despatched.
Old 1st September 2008, 17:50   #1542
BANNED

Hi Rush,

No I did not do anything after I uploaded the ad.

Another thing is I only get the emails on my mobile and not on my computer even though they are addressed to my gmail account. Ditto for any personal messages as well. Any ideas why that could be happening.

Viper
Old 1st September 2008, 17:51   #1543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
I want people to disclose their connections with auto dealerships, manufacturers (cars and accessories), used car dealerships, service stations, workshops, etc. Any person providing (or working for snybody) commercial services related to auto industry should disclose their interests.
I work for Exide. I am not here to either promote Exide or run our competition down. I have zero technical knowledge about batteries.
Old 2nd September 2008, 08:37   #1544
Team-BHP Support

What is the purpose of the Register link on the top menu (between UserCP and BHP Garage) once you are signed in?
Old 2nd September 2008, 12:01   #1545
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi Rush,

No I did not do anything after I uploaded the ad.
I will have this looked into over the coming weekend. Thanks for the headsup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
What is the purpose of the Register link on the top menu (between UserCP and BHP Garage) once you are signed in?
Beats me . Vbull is configured that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
We have that thread where people who have commercial interests in ICE are made to disclose their interests. Can we have a similar thread for other sections too?
Somehow I don't see the practicality in such an initiative. For instance, if a member is here for a vested interest, would he actually go and disclose his employers name? I don't think so. It is best to look at the post / thread history and take a judgement call for yourself.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks