Team-BHP - Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/59432-suggestions-team-bhp-team-bhpians-11.html)

dear Mods ..
I have not really gone through this whole thread ,.. so i do not know if my suggestion has already been suggested or not ...
my idea is that
why not create Email id for the website .. i mean can our TBHP site also support Email facility and each member gets one id ... like GTO @ team-bhp.com, haryan @ team-bhp.com..
please do consider my idea ..
thanks

Got it :D. but couldn't find anything pertaining to stickiness of the thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by haryan
dear Mods ..
I have not really gone through this whole thread ,.. so i do not know if my suggestion has already been suggested or not ...
my idea is that
why not create Email id for the website .. i mean can our TBHP site also support Email facility and each member gets one id ... like GTO @ team-bhp.com, haryan @ team-bhp.com..
please do consider my idea ..
thanks

Been there, done that, though only for the support team.

Hi Guyz,

I have joined Team BHP a few months ago, have really enjoyed ever bit of information available on the forum.

Also made few friends who help/guide me for anything Anytime, hoping all the people must have done the same here.

Since few days when my interaction with the Team BHP members have increased i felt the need of Chat Room's or a Chat Cleint, where all the BHPians who are online can interact with each other ON TOPIC or OFF TOPIC.

So i would like to know from all u guyz wat u feel abt this.

Please put your opinion on this.

Thanx.
Happy Revving...
:Cheering:

Threads merged!

Read throught the earlier posts and you will find the answer to your question rareone.

Hey mods,
I came across this peculiar problem a few weeks back. I was supposed to PM all the active Hyd TBHP members and confirm their participation for the National meet in Goa. But to find each member, I had to go through more than a 100 pages to search for all the active hyd members in the members list thread. Is there a way you can seperate members according to their respective states in India and the world over?

Another really important thing I had noticed was that a WHOLE load of members in the members list are those 1 message members who havent posted anything from almost a year. I think the members list should be updated. I know it is an arduous task, but I don't mind helping out cleaning it up!

Godspeed.

Alok.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rareone
Since few days when my interaction with the Team BHP members have increased i felt the need of Chat Room's or a Chat Cleint, where all the BHPians who are online can interact with each other ON TOPIC or OFF TOPIC.

While a chat facility would provide another dimension. I personally would recommend it for T-BHP only if there was a mechanism in place to log the chats for future reference.
After all one of the biggest assets of T-BHP is the vast amount of information in the threads. In a typical chat scenario a lot of these discussions may get lost.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostrider4385
Hey mods,
I I had to go through more than a 100 pages to search for all the active hyd members in the members list thread. Is there a way you can seperate members according to their respective states in India and the world over?

Thats a nice idea. There should be a choice of sorting the members on their location and then on the number of posts - that will surely make life easier.

Or maybe we can add them to the buddy list !

1. Chat is absolutely out. Please go through the reasons already outlined in this thread.

2. For Member search by location, go to the "members list", then "search" and further "advanced search". Sample : This Link

Look around our software. It offers a lot more than you would have noticed.

GTO

mass PMs (eg. Finance and Insurance Review section added, Team-BHP Retro Week!, etc.) do not show up in a pop-up window - no notification.
no increment in Unread counter.
i have no idea i've received a mass PM unless i go into my PM section and check.

messages from individual members work fine.

also, the Check Spelling and Switch Editor buttons still appear as red crosses, though they seem to function OK.

i'm using the Standard skin - don't know whether this issue is skin related.

just my concerns - no big issue - can live with it....

other than that, Team-BHP is functioning very well...!

Quote:

i have no idea i've received a mass PM unless i go into my PM section and check.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Have asked the vbulletin team to look into this.

The buttons you mention show up properly on my laptop. In the standard skin.

GTO

So many of you ask newbies like me to post snaps of our vehicles, but why then are we restricted from posting them as long as we are newbies?
By the way for how long or till how many posts does one remain a newbie?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Threads merged. Use the "Introduce Yourself" section of the forum only to post an introduction about yourself. Your suggestions and queries should be posted in this thread only.

dude please go trough the announcement sections before u begin posting..all the details reqd are there.

Go through this http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...ip-levels.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudra Sen

Sorry nos_nitrous I did look for the rules; guess I didn't look hard enough, and thanks Rudra Sen for the link. Now I know better.