Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2008, 17:43   #1651
RAC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
You can use the quick reply option. Safest
yeah, but not possible always. Specially if you need to upload photos or to copy/paste text.
Old 14th October 2008, 09:27   #1652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaa45 View Post
dear Mods

this is an earnest request to all, pls introduce some more skins. i am tired of using the standard blue and red and the other two are not to my liking at all. pls something more spunkier but not dark.

Thanks

Mansi
Hi Mansi, Actually we'd rather focus on the content & new features than additional skins. They take a lot of time to set right and sync with the many add-ons that we have on Team-BHP. You may recollect that we actually discontinued a couple of skins earlier this year.

I insist that you try out BHP Silver. Only a matter of time before you fall in love with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Any skin but only with a white background will do for me. Please do not remove the standard red, EVER.
Aye aye, sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAC View Post
Pardon me if this has been posted earlier, but it would be great if the smileys can be hidden and accessed after clicking on a link.
Go to your UserCP -> Options ->Message Editor Interface. Choose "Basic Editor - Simply Text Box" from the drop down menu. No more smilies!

Last edited by GTO - Touring : 14th October 2008 at 09:31.
Old 16th October 2008, 17:30   #1653
BANNED

Folks, I've done the searching etc. and am not able to figure out what exactly the buddy and ignore lists are. I can add users to either list but what does this achieve?

Can someone please tell me? This is a genuine question.
Old 16th October 2008, 17:34   #1654
Team-BHP Support

If someone mentions why a particular car/ bike is so good and nice and great and all that in atleast 10k posts then everyone else in team-bhp must contribute money and buy the member that car or bike.
Old 16th October 2008, 18:31   #1655
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Folks, I've done the searching etc. and am not able to figure out what exactly the buddy and ignore lists are. I can add users to either list but what does this achieve?
I see the buddy list as a pointless add-on of vbull. Period. The "ignore" function allows you to ignore posts of certain members.
Old 16th October 2008, 18:39   #1656
BANNED

Ignore posts of certain members? As an example, if I add you (GTO) to my ignore list, I will not see your posts in any thread I view? Or does it mean members on that list will not be able to send me PMs?

Edit: Figure out the Ignore list. I added bblost (only as an example sir :-)) and his posts are not visible in any thread I view.

Thanks a ton, folks.

Last edited by hrag : 16th October 2008 at 18:42.
Old 16th October 2008, 19:01   #1657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
If someone mentions why a particular car/ bike is so good and nice and great and all that in atleast 10k posts then everyone else in team-bhp must contribute money and buy the member that car or bike.
The audi A6 is a great car. Its the best. Awesome.
x10000

Now I'll sit and wait. Let me know when its ready!
Old 16th October 2008, 19:12   #1658
Senior - BHPian

Coming from an infracted due to the 'no picture in the classified ad' BHPian, Why couldn't there be a validation for any ad that is to be posted ? People like me need not feel embarrassed due to a small oversight.
Old 17th October 2008, 02:01   #1659
Senior - BHPian

Am I allowed to post pictures uploaded by me onto the Team-BHP server on other forums?
Old 17th October 2008, 13:39   #1660
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
...I can add users to either list but what does this achieve?...
Well you have figured out the "Ignore list" above.

The buddy list is useful if you have a group of friends on TBHP (for eg. people who work in your office) - you add them to your buddy list.

Then go to > Quicklinks > Open buddy list.
It will pop open a window with your "buddies" listed, along with an indication of which of them are online/offline, as well as a quick way to PM/Group PM them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Sure, if you dont get banned for spamming before that you do indeed deserve a prize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Coming from an infracted due to the 'no picture in the classified ad' BHPian, Why couldn't there be a validation for any ad that is to be posted ? People like me need not feel embarrassed due to a small oversight.
EL, we did actually look into this a few months back - but unfortunately we were unable to get the software to require pictures before posting an ad at the time.
Dont worry about the infraction too much, it will dissappear within a few weeks, and it shouldnt cause any problems unless you plan to get a few more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Am I allowed to post pictures uploaded by me onto the Team-BHP server on other forums?
Do you mean hot-linking? If so, its not allowed since it will use our server resources for other websites.

If you mean re-uploading the same picture somewhere else, yes you are most certainly allowed to.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th October 2008 at 13:40.
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2008, 13:48   #1661
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ignore posts of certain members? As an example, if I add you (GTO) to my ignore list, I will not see your posts in any thread I view?
Moderators cannot be added to the ignore list
Old 17th October 2008, 14:01   #1662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Dont worry about the infraction too much, it will dissappear within a few weeks, and it shouldnt cause any problems unless you plan to get a few more!
Damn, you sound like my paediatrician. "Have a cold ? It will disappear in a few days, not to worry." In the meantime, I am the one that is sneezing & coughing. LOL
Old 18th October 2008, 15:41   #1663
Team-BHP Support

GTO/Rehaan, another one for your action. There is an Altis ad which shows up on the forum as part of Google ads. Please do the needful.
Old 18th October 2008, 16:01   #1664
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
GTO/Rehaan, another one for your action. There is an Altis ad which shows up on the forum as part of Google ads. Please do the needful.
Thanks for the headsup. The ad has been blocked. Ban should be in effect shortly.
Old 18th October 2008, 21:03   #1665
Senior - BHPian

Sir,
1) About search facality. The minimum requirement is three words. For example if I am searching for " BMW Z4 ", there will be message that Z4 is less than the minimum requirement of three words. This sometimes makes search difficult.
I am attaching an image.
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-tbhpsearchfacalityprob.jpg
2) Pardon my ignorance, but how to put a link and show it in our own words. For eg, I am putting a link of TRAI, then I dont want the entire address to be displayed. I would like to use " Link to trai ".

3) Again, Pardon my ignorance, but I would like to know how to give link to only one post. I required this facality a couple of times, but could not get how to get the link to only one post.

P.S. If any of the above answers are there in FAQ section, just give me the link and I will read on. I tried but could not get, that's why I am posting here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks