Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2008, 20:38   #1756
Senior - BHPian

Have noticed that people post full size pics in there classifieds ads which take some time to load plus you need to save the pic and then open to it to get a proper view.
Can something be done about this ?

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 23rd November 2008 at 20:41.
Old 24th November 2008, 11:53   #1757
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Point taken. But another thing that I want to bring to your notice is "similar threads option".
Neat feature! Thanks. We will definitely keep this on the shortlist over the next round of upgrades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
Hi

Is there a way I can browse the Classifieds wherein I can filter out the SOLD items. If not can this be taken as a suggestion.

Thanks
Nope. However, SOLD items automatically expire after an X number of days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
GTO & Support team,

Is the time set for 'since last visit' used mainly for New posts, reduced now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Path_Finder View Post
I also felt that the number of items on "New Posts" lesser recently - was wondering if there are lesser of activity or any other change in settings.
Just hang in there for this week, guys. We are currently tweaking the server and experimenting with some changes. The new post setting will be back to how it was by the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Have noticed that people post full size pics in there classifieds ads which take some time to load plus you need to save the pic and then open to it to get a proper view.
Can something be done about this ?
Hi Faithless, Even if sellers post full-size pictures, on the actual ad page, only thumbnails show up. To view the full size picture (in a separate window), click on "super size".
Old 24th November 2008, 17:00   #1758
@ri
BHPian

I have a few suggestions
1) We could have a status to a thread like (a)Question Unanswered (b) Has Replies (c) Answered etc.

2) Some credits might be given to someone giving a reply to a question asked. The person asking a question can give say 1 point for a useful reply, 2 points for a good reply and 3 points for a really good answer to the person replying.

This can be moderated of course for newbies asking questions and awarding points! End of each year, if possible there could be some goodies given to the top contributors
Old 29th November 2008, 11:57   #1759
Senior - BHPian

the dealer disclosure thread in the ICE section is a good idea, but for most people , going through it and keeping track of who is a dealer or not, is too much trouble.

If it is possible, can a separate user title ( 'Dealer'?) be created for all members who disclose that they have related commercial interests so that its easier for us to judge for ourselves the authenticity of the information, as well as for them to show that they are dealers without advertising the same ?

Last edited by greenhorn : 29th November 2008 at 11:59.
Old 29th November 2008, 16:59   #1760
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by @ri View Post
Some credits might be given to someone giving a reply to a question asked. The person asking a question can give say 1 point for a useful reply, 2 points for a good reply and 3 points for a really good answer to the person replying.
Team-BHP has never been too big on credit systems. We are a collaborative community; the knowledgebase that we build is open to anyone, even unregistered viewers (guests). Thus, anyone who can access Team-BHP has the opportunity to give to it, as well to gain from it. The only reason that we are willing to help others is because of our cherished community spirit.

P.S. Nothing beats the satisfaction of knowing that you helped someone, or that your suggestion was precise / implemented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
If it is possible, can a separate user title ( 'Dealer'?) be created for all members who disclose that they have related commercial interests so that its easier for us to judge for ourselves the authenticity of the information, as well as for them to show that they are dealers without advertising the same ?
Good suggestion, Greenhorn. Thanks. Will evaluate.
Old 29th November 2008, 18:25   #1761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Team-BHP has never been too big on credit systems. We are a collaborative community; the knowledgebase that we build is open to anyone, even unregistered viewers (guests). Thus, anyone who can access Team-BHP has the opportunity to give to it, as well to gain from it. The only reason that we are willing to help others is because of our cherished community spirit.

P.S. Nothing beats the satisfaction of knowing that you helped someone, or that your suggestion was precise / implemented.
That’s the great spirit behind t-bhp. I really like it.

Quote:
the dealer disclosure thread in the ICE section is a good idea, but for most people , going through it and keeping track of who is a dealer or not, is too much trouble.

I second this suggestion. Thanks GTO for considering this suggestion. We have disclosure section for ICE, but we also need for other sections. And it will be good if a pointer to the declaration can be given besides the handle in the posts.
Old 30th November 2008, 15:52   #1762
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

I could be wrong here, just wanted to clarify one thing.

Last time I organized a meet and tried to send PM's to members I think I could send a message to 20-25 people at a time. However now it reads "upto 5 people at a time". Has it been changed, or am I mistaken here? A year off the forum makes me feel like a newbie again .

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-untitled.jpg
Old 30th November 2008, 19:08   #1763
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If it is possible, can a separate user title ( 'Dealer'?) be created for all members who disclose that they have related commercial interests
So you want to see me lurk around Team-BHP writing Yetiblogs® and have a "dealer" title under my name? I don't think so greenie. Thanks.
Old 1st December 2008, 01:07   #1764
Senior - BHPian

No offense your Yeti-ness, but with so many of these dealers who go around bashing other products, adding such a tag would help us judge for ourselves. the particular Tag "dealer" was just a suggestion from my side. I suppose mod team should be able to think of something which sounds less crass . heck, your D bhpian status could overrule the dealer status. Its up to the mods to decide the hierarchy and rules
Old 3rd December 2008, 14:42   #1765
Team-BHP Support

I just had a look at the most recent announcement which was put up regarding posting etiquette. Welcome addition, i would say.
Old 7th December 2008, 14:57   #1766
Senior - BHPian

I was reading a Santro Review on
Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Test Drives
This is no longer true:
"The excellent Santro Automatic has been discontinued."
Probably these reviews need to be updated once a month or so?
It might misguide our unregistered users.
Old 8th December 2008, 19:39   #1767
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
... "upto 5 people at a time"...
Mclaren, this had been increased once upon a time, but it has been changed back once again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I just had a look at the most recent announcement which was put up regarding posting etiquette. Welcome addition, i would say.
Thanks benbsb, do try to help by guiding newbies and others to that thread when required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
This is no longer true:
"The excellent Santro Automatic has been discontinued."...
Thanks for pointing that out. It will be looked into soon.

cya
R
Old 8th December 2008, 22:24   #1768
BHPian

Dear Mods, I am sorely missing a more user-friendly Search functionality.

Allow me to explain.

1. If I search for 'Swift Free Flow', the results throw up all threads where these terms are present.

2. Lets say, I go to the first search result - a thread called 'Swift Modifications'. There are some 116 pages in this thread.

3. Its extremely cumbersome to go through each of those 116 pages to search for only those posts where ALL the 3 terms are present. The red letter highlighting of the search terms doesn't help here.

Is there an easier way to zoom down to user POSTS containing ALL search terms rather than an entire thread?
Old 8th December 2008, 22:37   #1769
Senior - BHPian

@ d_himan, there is an option called show threads/show posts. show threads is checked by default. check "show posts" instead
Old 8th December 2008, 23:55   #1770
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
1. If I search for 'Swift Free Flow', the results throw up all threads where these terms are present.
I can suggest you an easy way out. Try google! Here you go:
"Swift Free Flow" site:http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories

Easy isn't it?

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th December 2008 at 15:57. Reason: prevented url from becoming link.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks