Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2008, 00:44   #1771
Team-BHP Support

more..

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Is there an easier way to zoom down to user POSTS containing ALL search terms rather than an entire thread?
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
check "show posts" instead
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
I can suggest you an easy way out. Try google![/url]
In addition to the above methods, you can also click on the Advanced Search button, which is displayed below the Show Thread and Show Post options that greenhorn has mentioned.

Once, in advanced search you can further customize your search results.
Old 9th December 2008, 00:51   #1772
BHPian

do not know if this has been brought up earlier, couldn't decide what to search for actually
it'd be good if we could configure the board to show more number of messages/ threads per page, like 100 at a time or more, of course based on local user preferences.
this is just to avoid moving the right hand every now and then to use to mouse to click a link precisely to go to the next page; long work hours with constant mouse handling gives rise to stress injuries already, just a suggestion to the administrators, you guys are doing a very nice job for all of us out there, thanks!
Old 9th December 2008, 17:37   #1773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
In addition to the above methods, you can also click on the Advanced Search button, which is displayed below the Show Thread and Show Post options that greenhorn has mentioned.

Once, in advanced search you can further customize your search results.
Got it guys, feel like a doofus for not exploring the search option before posting the query.

Swift Free Flow - Show Post gives me the posts where all 3 words are mentioned within the post in any order.

"Swift Free Flow" - Show Post gives me the exact phrase.

Thanks!
Old 10th December 2008, 14:00   #1774
Team-BHP Support

Just a small doubt. Isnt it required to have 50 posts to attain a 'BHPian' status from a newbie? No offence to the member in question here but this i what i found.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-bhpian.jpg
Old 10th December 2008, 14:05   #1775
Senior - BHPian

Benny! I think some of the Bhpian posts (here that you mentioned) got deleted or moved. After posting the allotted 50 posts the status is automatically upgraded with the BHPIAN title, however if some of his/her earlier posts get moved or deleted,the post count reduces by the number of deletions however the status does not revert back. That is what I found out personally.
Old 10th December 2008, 14:15   #1776
Senior - BHPian

I would recommend a thread on Safety in "Team-Bhp" advice section
Old 10th December 2008, 18:17   #1777
BHPian

A few days ago, I could see a Google search option embedded in T-BHP's Search function. What happened to it? I know it had some bugs.
Old 10th December 2008, 19:47   #1778
Senior - BHPian

In the classifieds section, if we double click the user name, who had posted the ad, it should direct to his profile. This would be beneficial as there is a chance to learn more about the product he has put for sale (like car, wheels, FFE)

In the profile section itself, we can add 'Ads from this user' like 'posts from this users'

what say?
Old 12th December 2008, 16:08   #1779
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aburagohain View Post
...it'd be good if we could configure the board to show more number of messages/ threads per page, like 100 at a time or more, of course based on local user preferences. ...
Hi aburagohain,

At the moment there are some technical reasons why we prefer this number to be fixed and therefore cannot allow members to change it.
Please adjust your workspace - chair height, keyboard angle etc - to help prevent repetitive stress injuries!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Just a small doubt. Isnt it required to have 50 posts to attain a 'BHPian' status from a newbie? No offence to the member in question here but this i what i found.
As below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
Benny! I think some of the Bhpian posts (here that you mentioned) got deleted or moved. After posting the allotted 50 posts the status is automatically upgraded with the BHPIAN title, however if some of his/her earlier posts get moved or deleted,the post count reduces by the number of deletions however the status does not revert back. That is what I found out personally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
I would recommend a thread on Safety in "Team-Bhp" advice section
We have been planning an entire SAFETY section for a while -- maybe a safety ARTICLE is a good starting point and temporary solution till that happens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
A few days ago, I could see a Google search option embedded in T-BHP's Search function. What happened to it? I know it had some bugs.
Salil, some tests were being carried out on the server. Lets see how this develops, as it would be convenient to have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
In the classifieds section, if we double click the user name, who had posted the ad, it should direct to his profile.
This will be looked into, however, as mentioned earlier - we are currently focussing on something entirely new for this section of the site.

cya
R
Old 17th December 2008, 18:15   #1780
Senior - BHPian

Anyone having any issue with the mails sent out for the subscribed threads?

I have been getting the same post send across to me more that once, sometime the same one is sent 3 times! This has been happening for the last 3 days.

Anyone else facing this issue?
Old 22nd December 2008, 21:00   #1781
BHPian

Hi,I'm a newbie here so I don't know if I'm quite qualified enough to put forth any suggestions,however I have been on this site a heck of a lot daily for the last few months.One thing I have noticed is a lot less support from the experienced members of this forum for queries relating to next car selection,technical problems,modding queries etc.And much more involvement in interacting with their own groups even for stuff unrelated to cars.No offense meant to anyone but I think that kind of defeats the purpose of the site a li'l,doesn't it?I mean,we already have Orkut/Facebook for general interactions

Once again,just my observation based on my "limited" experience on this site.Absolutely no offense intended.
Old 23rd December 2008, 00:29   #1782
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick030581 View Post
One thing I have noticed is a lot less support from the experienced members of this forum for queries relating to next car selection,technical problems,modding queries etc.
That usually happens because lot of new members ask the same question again and again instead of searching for existing topic. Since the senior members have already answered the same questions before, they stay silent and expect the new member to search for earlier answers. Solution is simple, search before posting a question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick030581 View Post
And much more involvement in interacting with their own groups even for stuff unrelated to cars.No offense meant to anyone but I think that kind of defeats the purpose of the site a li'l,doesn't it?I mean,we already have Orkut/Facebook for general interactions
Non-automotive topics are allowed only under Shifting-gears section. Where else have you noticed unrelated topics? BTW, we don't have separate groups or communities under Team-BHP, just discussion categories.
Old 23rd December 2008, 10:14   #1783
BHPian

Hi Samurai,

I agree on the searching bit,not enough newbies take the effort to search through.However there are plenty of new queries being posted in the Technical and the "What car" sections where I feel people would greatly benefit from the wealth of experience senior members of this forum possess.

Wrt to general interactions,I have noticed that in some threads not in the Shifting Gears section but I guess thats bound to happen after you've been interacting with fellow bhpians for so long.My bad there,however I still feel it would be even better if the gurus could take time out to resolve some queries.Then again,we can't force people so to each his own I suppose.

No offence meant.
Old 23rd December 2008, 10:49   #1784

Hi Mods,
I am sure most of you are overworked. One million members!
Just that, when the posts are being approved, by the time they appear, the context is sometimes lost. Conversation has moved on. Wonder if anything can be done.
Not complaining, but just an observation.
Great being here.
Thanks
Old 23rd December 2008, 11:23   #1785
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
...I have been getting the same post send across to me more that once, sometime the same one is sent 3 times! This has been happening for the last 3 days....
HappyWheels,

Are you still facing this issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy0 View Post
...Just that, when the posts are being approved, by the time they appear, the context is sometimes lost. Conversation has moved on. Wonder if anything can be done....
Sammyboy0,

This had been mentioned before a few months back. The mods have discussed it and made changes to our moderating workflow to ensure that we get to approving posts sooner & more often.
Unless it is off-peak hours, i think the turnaround time should be fairly quick.

cya
R

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks