Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2009, 19:36   #1816
Senior - BHPian

Can we set the pictures to align themselves one below the others?

Noticed in a lot of the recent travelogues that the photos are aligned in the vertical position making page width go a long beyond the normal reading frame. To read the post one has to scroll all the way right and left and then right and left and the ...

Or is this dependant on the person making the post?
Old 18th January 2009, 19:49   #1817
Senior - BHPian

that usually happens when the person uses a third party image host.I think pics hosted on t bhp are usually resized to fit the page width
Old 18th January 2009, 20:01   #1818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
that usually happens when the person uses a third party image host.I think pics hosted on t bhp are usually resized to fit the page width
If using third paty hosting service, then they are asking for it, since it will be against the rules!

And me not talking about resizing, me talking about placement of the photos - it is not one below the other, but one besides the other which results in the page width of the post being increased.

Check out the photo set at the end of this travelogue : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...s-through.html

Update: Also noticed that the same images are being re-displayed at the bottom under a "Attached Images" box. Now is this a "bug" in the system!
Old 18th January 2009, 21:31   #1819
Team-BHP Support

Is there a particular time for the site backup ? I notice that it happens Saturday mornings.
Old 19th January 2009, 15:20   #1820
Senior - BHPian

@Happywheel: The member had directly linked the pics instead of linking it through the editor & that why they were showing twice, nothing wrong with system. I have corrected it now you can check it.

Also like green horn said they are always vertically aligned & not horizontally
Old 20th January 2009, 14:10   #1821
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Can we set the pictures to align themselves one below the others?
Hi Happywheels, bet you are using Opera. Correct? Opera has a strange way of handling pictures. What I usually do is:

- Set the zoom to a different level
- Refresh
- Use IE for that particular thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Update: Also noticed that the same images are being re-displayed at the bottom under a "Attached Images" box. Now is this a "bug" in the system!
As Technocrat posted, it was due to the member linking (IMG code) to his pictures as well as using the default attachment system. We urge members to follow the guidelines posted in this accouncement (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Is there a particular time for the site backup ? I notice that it happens Saturday mornings.
Twice each day, but thrice on a saturday.
Old 20th January 2009, 14:12   #1822
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Twice each day, but thrice on a saturday.
Okay. Have noticed the site down only on Saturdays, hence the question.
Old 20th January 2009, 14:20   #1823
BHPian

Hi Mods,
I need your help in uploading the pics. Whenever I try it does not get loaded and says in valid message. I have sent the error to Mods when i was trying this. I always take care the size si around 200KB and format is JPEG. Let me know what could be the reason for this
I used manage options as detailed in below link
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/annou...-team-bhp.html (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP)

Last edited by aka_iitd : 20th January 2009 at 14:21.
Old 20th January 2009, 14:24   #1824
Senior - BHPian

And can we also do something about the 20 picture limit per post? Can be a real dampener if you're posting a Travelogue where you are in the middle of a day's narrative & you have to split the post because of the above limit

Last edited by suman : 20th January 2009 at 14:25.
Old 20th January 2009, 14:24   #1825
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Aka, is there a long wait period between your uploading pics & finalising the post? Try uploading a sample picture as a reply to my post, maintaining a minimal interim period (between upload and submit).
Old 20th January 2009, 14:42   #1826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Aka, is there a long wait period between your uploading pics & finalising the post? Try uploading a sample picture as a reply to my post, maintaining a minimal interim period (between upload and submit).
Looks like it worked this time. i think i was spending lot of time in selecting the files. You pointed it correctly.Thanks GTO
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-dsc01805_1.jpg  

Old 20th January 2009, 15:28   #1827
Senior - BHPian

I am not too sure if this is available but I was checking my user setting and found that I cannot disable my posts in google search. Can we have the option of disabling that. As in if I search for Amtak in google, I'll be found on TBhp.
Old 20th January 2009, 15:37   #1828
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
And can we also do something about the 20 picture limit per post? Can be a real dampener if you're posting a Travelogue where you are in the middle of a day's narrative & you have to split the post because of the above limit
Increased to 30. Good enough? Samurai has requested a small change from our developers. If it goes through, we will have the limit increased to 40 pictures per post.
Old 20th January 2009, 15:59   #1829
Distinguished - BHPian

How do we reuse existing pictures within t-bhp in a new thread/post that we want to reply to? Currently the only way is to download the picture from t-bhp and then again upload it. Cross referencing it doesn't work.

It would be good if we had this feature.
Old 20th January 2009, 16:07   #1830
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
How do we reuse existing pictures within t-bhp in a new thread/post that we want to reply to? Currently the only way is to download the picture from t-bhp and then again upload it. Cross referencing it doesn't work.

It would be good if we had this feature.
Will providing the file link as a URL when uploading help, rather than having to save the file locally and then uploading it again? I have never tried this, though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks