Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2009, 13:04   #2146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitaparadh View Post
I have a suggestion to make for the 4x4 section.

I feel, in a way to better organize the section, it can be split into 2 subsections as follows
1. OTR events and recces (Similar to travelogues)
2. Rebuild, modifications, enhancements, technicalities of 4x4 vehicles

Just my 2 cents !
. I feel the 4x4 section has grown considerably over the years and it deserves to have more sub categories.
Old 28th April 2009, 13:10   #2147
Team-BHP Support

That discussion is already underway in the support group. Soon 4x4 section will see sub-sections.
Old 28th April 2009, 15:37   #2148
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Samurai, Great minds..
Old 28th April 2009, 23:44   #2149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
I can save pages.
But not the whole threads.
Some of which are 100s of pages long .

Is it possible to save the whole thread?
Mods , any update on this?
Old 29th April 2009, 11:54   #2150
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
I can save pages.
But not the whole threads.
Some of which are 100s of pages long .

Is it possible to save the whole thread?
Abhinav, that is not a standard feature of vbulletin. We are wary of hacks, due to their inherently limited development & testing procedures. The PDF hack that Srijit has linked to has known bugs, lack of support and limited downloads / ratings. We are not ready to install such a code onto our server.

Three options:

1. Save pages offline

2. RSS reader (as per NetfreakBombay's post)

3. Get wireless internet, and surf on the move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Sob. All other suggestions have either been accepted or refuted. No comments/replies for this one?
D3mon, Apologies about the late reply. Yes, this has been addressed before. There is no way to allow members to edit ONLY the opening post or thread titles. Hence, we cannot put this in place.

The best way out : Use the "report this post to a moderator" functionality to request changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexnazim View Post
Why can't we start with a body parts price list section, that would make the site super cool and maybe mini auto ebay where dealers can post their contact information for the parts they have listed and whether or not they are in stock or something like wise???
The classifieds section already allows dealers to post their wares. Further developments on this section are in progress; I can assure you that it'll be worth the wait.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
. I feel the 4x4 section has grown considerably over the years and it deserves to have more sub categories.
As Samurai has posted, this is currently being finalised. Expect a development soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Grouping discussion on cars brand wise could result in a better modularity, but i am finding it difficult to think of other impacts or bottlenecks.
In the example of a car review, we'd rather each member's review has its own thread. Otherwise, you'd end up with a 500 page thread with 20 ownership reports in one.

I'd like to add that consolidated information is available on:

1. The Test-Drive Section

2. The Team-BHP Advice section (Most common topics on Indian motoring)

Quote:
i could see bhp-ians quoting exhorbitant prices for their cars in the classifieds section.
At the end of the day, the owner of a car has the right to ask whatever asking price he feels fit. Of course, the more reasonable that price is, the easier it will be sold.

We do not want / plan to exercise any control over this.
Old 1st May 2009, 16:45   #2151
Senior - BHPian

Why can I not see 100 posts on a page, but have to open many more pages for the same?

Personally, I anyday prefer more posts on a page!! I want to have that option rather than tbhp decide for me.
Old 1st May 2009, 22:26   #2152
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I feel, in a way to better organize the section, it can be split into 2 subsections as follows
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Update : Sub-sections created and all existing threads have been suitably moved. Thanks for suggesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Why can I not see 100 posts on a page, but have to open many more pages for the same?
1. Unduly long pages

2. Do currently available internet speeds support a 100 post thread, where 30 would have high-res pictures?

3. Waste of resources (bandwith etc.). Why reload the first 20 posts when you are visiting that particular thread for the 'nth time and only need the latest?

We don't see the value in altering this setting at the present time. However, it may be considered at a later date. Thanks
Old 2nd May 2009, 00:07   #2153
Senior - BHPian

check the time of last adds posted in motorbike,accessories and ice section
time right now 00:07 am
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-pic.jpg  

Old 2nd May 2009, 19:40   #2154
Senior - BHPian

Upon clicking the "Test Drives" button, we were directed to a page where we need to feed in the manufacturer and model of the car for the "TEAM-BHP" review. Also at the bottom of the review page, other cars that can be considered for evaluation at that segment were mentioned. It would be helpful, if a link was provided to enable the user for a direct review just by clicking instead of making a fresh entry.

Also "New Search" at the bottom of the page should also help, rather than moving backwards.
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-test-drive-page-feedback.jpg  

Old 2nd May 2009, 20:46   #2155
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
check the time of last adds posted in motorbike,accessories and ice section
time right now 00:07 am
Karankapoor,

We're working on a new classifieds software for Team-BHP, so at the moment we are focussing all our attention on the new and vastly improved version, rather than fixing small issues with the existing software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
...It would be helpful, if a link was provided to enable the user for a direct review just by clicking instead of making a fresh entry....
Thanks Suprise, this has been mentioned before and is on our to-do list for the next minor revision of the portal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
...Also "New Search" at the bottom of the page should also help, rather than moving backwards.
That is an interesting and new idea!

Thanks,
R
Old 3rd May 2009, 11:53   #2156
BHPian

Can we get a car chooser like what carwale has but a bit better? One that will also take into consideration older cars?
I really like the Top Gear one. Linky
Old 3rd May 2009, 19:42   #2157
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
Can we get a car chooser like what carwale has but a bit better? One that will also take into consideration older cars?
I really like the Top Gear one. Linky
That is a wonderful suggestion! I like Top Gears design touches and overall website finesse. Though the car suggestions tool isn't accurate (I chose offroad + fast, it showed me an Audi R8), it's a great idea and one that could be of help to many a visitor.

Short-listed. Thank you
Old 3rd May 2009, 20:07   #2158
BHPian

GTO, please dont forget about discontinued/second hand car suggestions too. Carwale only gives current models, not old ones like Baleno or OHC.
Old 3rd May 2009, 20:16   #2159
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Will do, Srijit. Got a couple of ideas running in my head already. Thanks again!
Old 3rd May 2009, 21:03   #2160
BHPian

Nicotine Patches

Suggestion in jest: have a sort of countdown timer on the site that can be set to alert you when you have to log off T-BHP! E.g. "Go to the gym now and not tomorrow, you fool-- T-BHP will still be here when you get back!" or "Close the T-BHP tab now-- it won't kill you!"

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks