Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2009, 09:56   #2431
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Why is it so prematurely that now I think t-bhp is becoming too boring and monochrome to look at?
Why can't signatures include small bookmark pics and more colourful fonts and less character restrictions?
IMO, that would be the biggest step backward which TBHP can take. The absence of multicolors and various contrasting fonts lends a certain simplicity to the forum rather than looking like an overdressed hooker.

I am sure many would agree with my above POV.
Old 1st September 2009, 10:32   #2432
Senior - BHPian

Can we have a group buy proposal thread.

This way a particular component, accessory or anything else related to automobiles could be posted for the benefit of the members.

If it clashes you should consider having the same in the classifieds section and not in the forum.

I agree with benbsb 29. The forum has very subtle looks and is good this way. Multicolor wouldn't look nice.

Last edited by beejay : 1st September 2009 at 10:35. Reason: I agree...
Old 1st September 2009, 10:53   #2433
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
IMO, that would be the biggest step backward which TBHP can take. The absence of multicolors and various contrasting fonts lends a certain simplicity to the forum rather than looking like an overdressed hooker.

I am sure many would agree with my above POV.
I quite agree. I am dead against big smilies and multicolor stuff. Let this be an uncluttered and a "formal" forum please.
Old 1st September 2009, 11:03   #2434
Senior - BHPian

I am also of the opinion of No color in Sign and this forum is quit a formal and it should continue as the way it is.
Old 1st September 2009, 18:00   #2435
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Can we have something like auto suggestion thread where in based on my interest T-Bhp will suggest few thread automatically.
Have you used the list of "similar threads" that shows on the bottom left-hand-side of each thread page?

@ Sidindica : Thanks for the suggestion. But my answer is the same as the 4 gents above. We'd rather focus on content than flashy colours and signature graphics.
Old 2nd September 2009, 09:47   #2436
BHPian

I would have liked a link to team-bhp forum homepage from anywhere inside "Team-BHP Marketplace" pages.

It becomes a pain to come back to team-bhp forum homepage again from Marketplace or am i missing something?
Old 2nd September 2009, 10:01   #2437
Senior - BHPian

My suggestions:
1. Members should search before starting new threads. My personal observation: threads are opened for quite routine queries.
2. Prefer this forum to be auto based only with lesser new threads related to other topics (moon landing, some rape cases, etc).
3. Fewer threads based on some newspaper clipping which is speculative (eg govt planning, some company planning a launch in 2020, etc)
4. Perhaps some cleaning up/deletion of old threads which have very few responses/views.
5. Tighter control on thread spamming (see too many company press releases on some car launched in the US, Europe, or some concept car; with very little hope of it coming to India in the next 5 year plan).
6. A dedicated sub-thread to a particular car/model (especially one that sells or one that is having more than usual issues).
7. Finally and most urgent, moderators should consider reserving a separate section for Fiat and its cars so that other people who are not interested or too scared to post anything that causes aggravation can be spared.
Old 2nd September 2009, 10:32   #2438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
My suggestions:

2. Prefer this forum to be auto based only with lesser new threads related to other topics (moon landing, some rape cases, etc).

7. Finally and most urgent, moderators should consider reserving a separate section for Fiat and its cars so that other people who are not interested or too scared to post anything that causes aggravation can be spared.
This is not a good idea. Talking cars and cars alone will give the forum a very monotonous feel.

Shifting gears is a very good section and also enables us to be wary of whats happening around us. Shifting gears should stay.

Why should you get scared to post a negative comment about Fiat? This is a forum where one can post what he feels about any brand provided there is a fact to back it up and he strongly believes in the same.

Its best to like something that you really feel is worth it, rather than like something which is influenced upon you.
Old 2nd September 2009, 11:48   #2439
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
I couldn't help but smile at this point.

What we can have is debate based on facts. What we see is blind passion in either loving FIAT or hating it.

No offense meant to anyone.
Old 2nd September 2009, 14:48   #2440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
This is not a good idea. Talking cars and cars alone will give the forum a very monotonous feel.

Shifting gears is a very good section and also enables us to be wary of whats happening around us. Shifting gears should stay.

Why should you get scared to post a negative comment about Fiat? This is a forum where one can post what he feels about any brand provided there is a fact to back it up and he strongly believes in the same.

Its best to like something that you really feel is worth it, rather than like something which is influenced upon you.
+1 To above comments.
Shifting gears is a very good stress buster and infromative section and it should stay.
I think we are giving unneccessary importance to Fiat love and hate threads.Its high time we should not be biased in praising or hating any manufacturer or product.
Cheers!
Old 4th September 2009, 15:46   #2441
BHPian

the cars on top

Hi mods..
I have a suggestion.. The top banner with some car pics to the right is a good view, but the cars are limited. you put only few cars there :(
Please add more interesting angles and models there so that we should feel each page is randomized in style.

Also the search facility needs to be upgraded. For example, if I want to search for headlights for Verna, first I will get a list of threads/posts with the key words, then have to dig it all. Can we limit the search to a certain thread only or to a certain user only?
Old 6th September 2009, 10:27   #2442
Senior - BHPian

MODS - Is there a way that PM groups can be created city wise so that it becomes easier for that particular city BHPians to contact everyone at one go.
Old 7th September 2009, 22:02   #2443
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
....I searched for "visor" by putting it into Key Word(s) textbox and selecting "Search Titles only" and I haven't got this link : ...
Thanks to bblost for answering this one. Here's the post he was referring to :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1328380-post2282.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
Can we have something like auto suggestion thread where in based on my interest T-Bhp will suggest few thread automatically.
rj, in addition to what GTO mentioned -- just a few weeks back someone had made a similar suggestion (tagging threads + then searching / subscribing to tags) and we have noted it for the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
[/b]It becomes a pain to come back to team-bhp forum homepage again from Marketplace or am i missing something?
Ramki, if you use the BHP Silver or BHP Black skin (which i would suggest) this problem is solved.
Also, we have an upcomming new classifieds section, which should change things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshanand View Post
...The top banner with some car pics to the right is a good view, but the cars are limited. you put only few cars there
Here is the reason why we do not have too many different pics: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1311280-post19.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneeshanand View Post
....Can we limit the search to a certain thread only or to a certain user only?
Yes ofcourse!
- When within a forum section look out for the "Search this forum" dropdown on the top left
- When within a thread, look for the "Search this thread" in a similar position
- For searching more specifically (by poster etc) use the Advanced Search.

See this guide for more tips : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...p-members.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
MODS - Is there a way that PM groups can be created city wise so that it becomes easier for that particular city BHPians to contact everyone at one go.
Yes, there kind-of is a way -- you create a "buddy list" with all the people you wish to consistently PM, and then can PM the whole buddy list (or choose from it). However, the number of people you can PM per PM is restricted to prevent abuse (SPAM, mass-marketing, etc)

cya
R
Old 8th September 2009, 00:17   #2444
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Also, we have an upcomming new classifieds section, which should change things.
Sire,

We've been waiting for ages. When when when, lol ?
Old 8th September 2009, 00:39   #2445
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Guys, don't flack me for this. But I think we must relax on the "mention of alcohol" rule? I completely agree that we must not encourage DUI. But why ban the mention of alcohol in cases where there is no drinking and driving? For eg, we have a party in a resort and everyone drinks at night and straight away goes to bed. Some of these pics are hilarious, some telling tails I would like to add in my travelogue. But the current rules prevent us from doing it.

It would be really nice, if we were allowed to post pics as long as there was no driving done immediately after drinking alcohol. Atleast on the travelogues section.

Even the TBHP meet section has fizzled out completely because of this rule.

Also coming to think of it, none of us are really saints! Suppose I want to organize a TBHP Bangy meet, how do I put across a message to all the participating members to BYOB if I am not allowed to mention alcohol on the forum? I agree, we should not be posting pics of us drinking and then subsequently driving our cars, because that would set a bad example. I completely get the point, but can we have the rule relaxed in certain places? I still remember the first tri-state meet that happened. The funniest moments from that meet where when all were a few drinks down. Some of those pics, had a telling tale to tell, some amazing narrations. It would be a pity to have those moments banned.

The way I look at the travelogue/meet section, it allows us to return to these trips many many years later and still read and laugh about our experiences. Right now travelogues section is my favourite section on TBHP. I have been off the forum off lately for a couple of years. Eventually, when I did come back and read some of meet threads/travelogues I was able to re-collect most of those memories. By putting a censorship on this, we would lose out on those memories. Life is all about memories, isn't it?

Also, I just noticed this. If one is running the black theme then it doesn't have an option to create a garage from the User CP.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 8th September 2009 at 00:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks