Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2010, 01:28   #2761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Mods,

How about T-BHP T-Shirts! There's an easy way to do it on Myntra.com where you can upload the design, and myntra takes care of the production, sales and shipping..

The same designs you have for the stickers can be used for t-shirts as well.

Members can order online.

PS: I am in no way connected to them, but have come across their website thru some email chains.

thanks
Srinivas
I have dealt with myntra.com . I got some t-shirts printed from them . The quality was so-so of the tshirt and the print was ok. I can give it a try if you want. I can get one tshirt printed for myself with a team-bhp sticker and can see the quality and then i can let others know in here.
Old 17th February 2010, 08:13   #2762
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTEC_Rocks View Post
How about smaller T-bhp stickers for the bikes?
+ 1.

Something like this, would look nice. And i think they need minimal changes from the current one!

(Pics linked from crazybiker46's post)
Old 17th February 2010, 10:15   #2763
Senior - BHPian

By the way how to update a thread heading after 3-4 days of its creation. for ex. I would have created a thread and after 4-5 days I want to edit the thread name with say EDIT/UPDATE:XXXXXXXXXX. BUt in current situation the editing facility is not given to the owner of the thread. So he has to send a request to the MODs for the editing/updating. Can this be given to the owner of the thread.
Old 17th February 2010, 13:20   #2764
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raka1o View Post
1. search engine needs to be enhanced or improved

2. not sure, if this feature is there, where I can search for posts posted by myself and their replies
The search engine we have pretty much finds everything - except if you are searching for really short words

You CAN find your own posts, and that too with conditions like the time you posted, sub-forum you posted in, etc.

I suggest you look at the advanced search options - Team-BHP - Search Forums
Old 17th February 2010, 16:13   #2765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
+ 1.

Something like this, would look nice. And i think they need minimal changes from the current one!

(Pics linked from crazybiker46's post)
Good one.
We could get more sticker creations from the forum and get them done.
Old 17th February 2010, 17:55   #2766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Believe me, you do NOT want a 100 page thread all on the same screen. For one, you'd need a powerful computer (super long web page) and second, it will take way too long to load. Even with 800 pix thumbnails, the first page of some travelogue threads runs into 10 MB.

As Condor rightly posted, the load on our server will also be unduly high.
I agree, Being a Data center Junkie, should have given a thought about it .May be I went Over Board with the excitement of a New Kid On the Block, who has just got a new Toy to play with .

Quote:
Since when did 256 kbps become a "decent" broadband connection
For Some body Used to Dial Up's and DAMM proxy server in Office , 256 KBPS is a Luxury only . Off course it;s a human Nature to be more demanding .

In addion , How can i change the black colour permanently . Usually , while Browsing In Offline Model, I have this habit of clicking on free Space down On page and i usually end opening a New Page since we have Links to other pages which are not visible due to same Font Colour (Black ) . just Attaching the Print screen As they appear when u do Ctrl A or mAy be we can just change the Font Colour on Page, so that they doesn,t appear hidden .
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-tbhp.jpg  

Old 18th February 2010, 10:53   #2767
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
In addion , How can i change the black colour permanently . Usually , while Browsing In Offline Model, I have this habit of clicking on free Space down On page and i usually end opening a New Page since we have Links to other pages which are not visible due to same Font Colour (Black ) .
Sushil, you can change the skin you're using using this drop down on the bottom left of your screen.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-skin.jpg
Old 19th February 2010, 11:13   #2768
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacho View Post
This is not a suggestion but can someone tell me what this means when it appears below our avatar: Infractions 0/1 (4).....but haven't been able to figure out what the 0/1 means.

Thanks
In the example you have cited i.e. 0/1 (4)

0 is the number of warnings
1 is the number of infractions
(4) is the total active infraction points as of that time

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
Whenever I open team-bhp on my phone it automatically opens up the team-bhp mobile version of the website. Is there anyway to view the normal version of the website on my phone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
i saw the mobile version of tbhp. finally. thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Exactly, i was having a very nice experience viewing and posting on Team-BHP via my mobile when i was on a move. But now the Mobile version is really not up to my tastes. Because i can't view images in the pages, and also the posts are really confusing me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadf00t View Post
The mobile site if good for checking status updates but the lack of images does hamper the experience a bit.

However i too couldn't find a way to switch the mobile version off and go back to the full fledged version.
I believe we have reach a middle-of-the-road solution that will keep everyone happy.

Type Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Home on your mobile and the regular forum skin will load (auto mobile detection has been switched off).

Two ways to access the mobile skin:

A. type m.team-bhp.com and you will be redirected to the mobile version.

B. Alternatively, on the regular forum skin, go down to the style chooser (left hand side bottom of each page) and choose skin "BHP Mobile".

Some fine-tuning still pending. Expect an announcement once this has been finalised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
How about standardizing the smileys?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
At this point, I've fallen in love with the current smileys. Changing them to anything else would be blasphemy
The current batch of smilies serve their purpose just as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTEC_Rocks View Post
How about smaller T-bhp stickers for the bikes?
Why not use the numberplate stickers? They are rather small in size?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Should we not have a thumb-rule for speculative topics? Case in point - Fiat and Hyundai Verna thread.
Please use the "report this post to a moderator" functionality to bring any suspect thread to our notice. If you feel the same should be edited / deleted, you may enter your reasoning for the same. The Mod Team will then decide on the future course of action. For the record, yes, many threads have been deleted as they were baseless accusations / speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raka1o View Post
not sure, if this feature is there, where I can search for posts posted by myself
Advanced search -> Search by username -> Find Posts OR Find threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishir_bn View Post
By the way how to update a thread heading after 3-4 days of its creation. for ex.
You may use the "report this post to a Moderator' functionality to request such changes. Suggestion : Please do so only if the thread title change is absolutely imperative. The number of requests can, at times, get overwhelming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
The search engine we have pretty much finds everything - except if you are searching for really short words
Our forum search engine is very accurate. However, we don't index words shorter than 3 characters for server performance reasons.

Thus, if you want to search Team-BHP for the term M5, best to use google search. More information here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Usually , while Browsing In Offline Model, I have this habit of clicking on free Space down On page and i usually end opening a New Page since we have Links to other pages which are not visible due to same Font Colour (Black ) . just Attaching the Print screen As they appear when u do Ctrl A or mAy be we can just change the Font Colour on Page, so that they doesn,t appear hidden .
Wouldn't it be simpler to change your habit? That is, don't click on the free space at the bottom of webpages.

Alternatively, you may use a different skin (as suggested by Benbsb29)

Last edited by GTO : 19th February 2010 at 11:21.
Old 19th February 2010, 20:07   #2769
Senior - BHPian

Would it be a nice idea to have a separate section in the forum for futuristic cars? (battery operated, solar operated, bio fuel etc etc). I know we wont have much of inputs as of now as they are still in nascent stage, but atleast we can boast on TBHP that we are the first to look forward from petrol/ diesel and also spread awareness on futuristic cars.

Regards
Old 19th February 2010, 21:06   #2770
Senior - BHPian

This might have been suggested earlier. Anyways, here goes. Why not provide the 'Go Invisible' option for everyone?
Old 2nd March 2010, 23:13   #2771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-e-ok View Post
I have dealt with myntra.com . I got some t-shirts printed from them . The quality was so-so of the tshirt and the print was ok. I can give it a try if you want. I can get one tshirt printed for myself with a team-bhp sticker and can see the quality and then i can let others know in here.
hey mods, this sounds great. How about adding some merchandise of TBHP like the TSHIRTS, Caps, Keychains. I guess this should be a good gift to all fellow TBHP'ans on the 6th Anniversary of TBHP
Old 2nd March 2010, 23:18   #2772
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
sachinj12 : Why not provide the 'Go Invisible' option for everyone?
Sachin, how would that help us ? Is there any benefit in doing so ?
Old 2nd March 2010, 23:42   #2773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In the example you have cited i.e. 0/1 (4)

0 is the number of warnings
1 is the number of infractions
(4) is the total active infraction points as of that time
How about providing a link to the post that has caused the warning/infraction?

This would help other members in not to commit similar mistakes. May just improve the quality of posts further.

Alternatively, the same could be listed on the member profile. Yes, I know this is somewhat sensitive.
Old 3rd March 2010, 00:59   #2774
BHPian

To get the link of the post where you have received a warning/infraction, just go to User CP and you will find it below the Subscribed threads.

Hope that helped
Old 3rd March 2010, 09:12   #2775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
hey mods, this sounds great. How about adding some merchandise of TBHP like the TSHIRTS, Caps, Keychains. I guess this should be a good gift to all fellow TBHP'ans on the 6th Anniversary of TBHP
+1 to this suggestion.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks