Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2010, 09:21   #2776
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Mods,
Cant the picture uploading can automatically resize the photos, instead of resizing every photographs before upload. If this feature is already there then kindly clarify.
Old 3rd March 2010, 10:11   #2777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
How about providing a link to the post that has caused the warning/infraction?

This would help other members in not to commit similar mistakes. May just improve the quality of posts further.

Alternatively, the same could be listed on the member profile. Yes, I know this is somewhat sensitive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
To get the link of the post where you have received a warning/infraction, just go to User CP and you will find it below the Subscribed threads.

Hope that helped
I think you misunderstood me. What I meant was infractions for other members. Not self.

I have not got any infractions, not yet.

I am just curious to know, as I saw recently that a Distinguished BHPian has got an infraction. Mods are really tough, and they don't distinguish (pun intended).
Old 3rd March 2010, 10:45   #2778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Mods,
Cant the picture uploading can automatically resize the photos, instead of resizing every photographs before upload. If this feature is already there then kindly clarify.
+1

AFAIK, this facility is there with Tbhp but this will be helpful. As yahoo mail has this feature.
Old 3rd March 2010, 14:41   #2779
Senior - BHPian

A Very Big / My Padmini's boot full of thanks to whoever came up with the m.team-bhp.com url

i am loving it - my phone now loads the entire page in less than a minute. earlier i had to wait for a month for the page to load.

Thanks a lot.

sorry for a back to back post - (it will be great if this post is merged with my previous post).

I noticed that in BHP Mobile the images (attached files) are not loading in my mobile (earlier they used to load in the default skins...black/blue/red - but time taken to load a particular page was longer). the page now provides a link to view the files.

Will it be possible if the s/w automatically resizes the pic and load while browsing through mobile? i noticed that google / or'kut automatically resizes the pics when loading / browsing through mobile. can you guys do something like that?

thanks again.

Last edited by Technocrat : 3rd March 2010 at 15:30.
Old 3rd March 2010, 17:59   #2780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 View Post
+1

AFAIK, this facility is there with Tbhp but this will be helpful. As yahoo mail has this feature.
Well I made a mistake.

I mean it is not there currently and will be much useful if you introduce this system.
Old 4th March 2010, 12:13   #2781
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
Would it be a nice idea to have a separate section in the forum for futuristic cars?
We've had this suggestion earlier too, though that specifically mentioned "concept cars". With Team-BHP, the content comes first, has to prove itself, then a forum section is dedicated for it.

Thus, we'd need to see that there is substantial interest in concept cars (from number of threads created, replies & views) before creating a dedicated forum section. A lot of thought goes into yet another section, as we have our share already.

Net net, if you want a new section, start creating content for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
This would help other members in not to commit similar mistakes. May just improve the quality of posts further.
Observe our rules and pay heed to Moderator warnings; that's more than you would need to avoid being infracted.

Quote:
Mods,
Easy ways to resize here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Will it be possible if the s/w automatically resizes the pic and load while browsing through mobile?
We wanted to keep Team-BHP Mobile light & simple, that's why pictures will not show up by default. If you want the resizing option, use the Opera Mobile browser on the regular forum skins. It has a built-in functionality for image resizing.
Old 4th March 2010, 13:05   #2782
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
We've had this suggestion earlier too, though that specifically mentioned "concept cars". With Team-BHP, the content comes first, has to prove itself, then a forum section is dedicated for it.

Thus, we'd need to see that there is substantial interest in concept cars (from number of threads created, replies & views) before creating a dedicated forum section. A lot of thought goes into yet another section, as we have our share already.

Net net, if you want a new section, start creating content for it

Observe our rules and pay heed to Moderator warnings; that's more than you would need to avoid being infracted.

Easy ways to resize here.

We wanted to keep Team-BHP Mobile light & simple, that's why pictures will not show up by default. If you want the resizing option, use the Opera Mobile browser on the regular forum skins. It has a built-in functionality for image resizing.

GTO,
These are manual process. We are always enploy. Cant there be some system like in FACEBOOK were it automatically resizes the photo one uploads. its very easy to manage.

v&v
Old 4th March 2010, 13:56   #2783
BHPian

I strongly feel that there should be "Parked" section in Test Drive and Initial Ownership review section, where in all the Test Drive Reports uploaded by moderator should go. Like the one for Figo, Punto, Polo and what not. You may want to name it as "Exclusive : T-Bhp Test Drive Reports" or something
Old 4th March 2010, 19:51   #2784
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
GTO,
These are manual process. We are always enploy. Cant there be some system like in FACEBOOK were it automatically resizes the photo one uploads. its very easy to manage.

v&v
The server does actually resize your picture, but that's only for the 800 pixel thumbnail that shows up on the thread page (if your pic was larger than 800x800 size). When this thumbnail is clicked, the picture opens up in the original size (new window), as the user intended it to be. We don't want to automate this process as:

- It will create an additional load on the server.

- Some members are very finicky about the pictures they upload (maintaining a certain quality, resolution etc.). Thus, as long as your file size is 1 MB or less, the system will allow it. As average Indian internet speeds rise, we'll consider raising this 1 MB limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
I strongly feel that there should be "Parked" section in Test Drive and Initial Ownership review section, where in all the Test Drive Reports uploaded by moderator should go. Like the one for Figo, Punto, Polo and what not. You may want to name it as "Exclusive : T-Bhp Test Drive Reports" or something
Thanks Throttleking. This has been suggested before and will be implemented, once we have tested additional cars (to populate the section).
Old 4th March 2010, 21:19   #2785
BHPian

This is more of a question. I couldn't find any information else where. I see some posts where the user's handle has a 'Banned' below it. What does this mean? I understand that it could be because of an offensive post. But I also see that after a while, they are allowed to continue posting. So how long does the person stay banned? Also, how does infringement work? How many infringements lead to banning? Some information on these lines would help. It would help if we know what the infringement for each member was

I do have a suggestion on the classifieds. Please make it possible to display the location of the seller in the search results page. Most buyers and sellers prefer local buyers. It's better to know upfront if the seller is local instead of being forced to open the ad to see this detail

Last edited by triedeverything : 4th March 2010 at 21:20.
Old 4th March 2010, 21:34   #2786
Senior - BHPian

Hi please refer to our rules section & go through This Thread (Team-BHP Warning / Infraction System) to understand our infraction system.

There are two types of Ban Temporary & Permanent. This would depend on various conditions. So the case you are talking about it those who get Temp Banned.

A Banned member can not create any new posts till the time he remains banned.

We are not planning to make any changes to the classifieds software as it would be
replaced by a better classifieds software in some time.
Old 4th March 2010, 23:09   #2787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
How about adding some merchandise of TBHP like the TSHIRTS, Caps, Keychains. I guess this should be a good gift to all fellow TBHP'ans on the 6th Anniversary of TBHP

I would love to buy personal merchandise like T-Shirts/Caps/Keychains etc.

I am not a fan of the sticker.

Reason being if the car is driven rashly (by someone, not necessarily me), it may bring disrepute to the forum. Why a public forum and its members should be faulted for no fault of theirs. I have seen cars with TBhp stickers driven rashly.
Old 5th March 2010, 00:16   #2788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

I believe we have reach a middle-of-the-road solution that will keep everyone happy.

Type Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Home on your mobile and the regular forum skin will load (auto mobile detection has been switched off).

Two ways to access the mobile skin:

A. type m.team-bhp.com and you will be redirected to the mobile version.

B. Alternatively, on the regular forum skin, go down to the style chooser (left hand side bottom of each page) and choose skin "BHP Mobile".

Some fine-tuning still pending. Expect an announcement once this has been finalised.

Why not use the numberplate stickers? They are rather small in size?

Thanks for the step taken on the normal skin for mobile users.

Yea, i agree. I think the number plate stickers will do just fine with bikes. Here is my bike with the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-fz.jpg  

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-fz2.jpg  

Old 5th March 2010, 09:14   #2789
BANNED

Quote:
1. Newbie : Less than 25 posts

Newbies will NOT be able to:

- Directly post in the community. Their posts will show if and when they have been approved by the moderators
Is this can be changed for Creating Threads not replying/posting ?!

Last edited by wildon : 5th March 2010 at 09:15.
Old 5th March 2010, 22:49   #2790
Senior - BHPian

I feel Team-Bhp as a community of aware and responsible drivers can do much more with regards to road safety. Specifically, taking up initiatives to encourage safer driving.
I am sure we all do it in our own fragmented ways, but a consolidated planned approach would be more effective.

I sincerely wish to create a difference. Road manners are quite poor in India.

Thoughts please...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks