Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2010, 20:29   #2821
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
a question to the mods - are we doing something to reduce the saturday outage due to increasing backup times.
There certainly are ways to do so with the board online, and we actually do just that several times each day. However, the saturday runs are equally important & have a certain reasoning behind them. We follow various approaches that cannot be discussed on the open forum. That said, we'll try our best to bring the board back within 20 minutes (or less) on saturdays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Can we have seperate section in Motorbikes for Dealership review so that BHPians can write their experiences about the dealers and their buying tips. IMO I feel the entire "Team BHP reviews" section with all its sub sections should be duplicated for Motorbikes too.
No plans as of now to further divide the motorcycles forum into sub-sections. We may evaluate at a later stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I don't know if this was posted already, but some more fresh smileys will be nice. The current ones are bit staid IMO.
Please refer to the smileys discussion a couple of pages back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
In the interest of saving a few mouse clicks:
The "search forum" functionality is used about 10,000 times more that of "search members" . That's why it has the drop-down in place. Considering that very few members actually search through the memberlist, we don't see a need for this feature. Period.

Since you seem to be frequently searching through the members list, I suggest book-marking the Member List Advanced Search Page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Clicking the attachments icon to the right of a thread title opens the attachments window with a list of the images embedded in that whole thread. Instead of this, could we have a list of thumbnails, so that only those pics that interest us can be opened?
As you know, all attachment links load up on the same page itself. No thumbnails on the attachments page because:

a) That page will take awfully long to load if we bring a long thread (50+ pages) into the picture

b) The server currently isn't set up to create thumbnails any smaller than 800 pixels

c) Conserve server resources.

We do have another (similar) solution lined up, which will give you just what you are looking for. Hold on for a bit

Last edited by GTO : 18th March 2010 at 20:32.
Old 19th March 2010, 22:47   #2822
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
There certainly are ways to do so with the board online, and we actually do just that several times each day. However, the saturday runs are equally important & have a certain reasoning behind them. We follow various approaches that cannot be discussed on the open forum. That said, we'll try our best to bring the board back within 20 minutes (or less) on saturdays.
Can the various approaches be discussed by PM? I'm interested in the reasoning behind this.

And for pete's sake, can you add a seperate section in the new members' FAQ regarding the point and usage of this smiley ?
Old 19th March 2010, 23:26   #2823
Senior - BHPian

@PranavT

Whats the point you'll just be ?
Old 20th March 2010, 00:12   #2824
Senior - BHPian

^
I think the point of that smiley is to express frustration and anger at something.
Old 20th March 2010, 00:24   #2825
Senior - BHPian

The smiley represents flogging a dead horse.

Flogging a dead horse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hope this helps!
Old 20th March 2010, 00:44   #2826
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
^
I think the point of that smiley is to express frustration and anger at something.
So why beat up a poor animal? Do you people kick dogs and cats when you are angry or frustrated?
Old 20th March 2010, 01:24   #2827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
So why beat up a poor animal? Do you people kick dogs and cats when you are angry or frustrated?
I thought you were only asking for the meaning of the smiley. And no of course I don't kick dogs and cats when I'm angry. Plus they would bite me if I kicked them(not that I would do such a thing)
Old 20th March 2010, 11:11   #2828
BHPian

Team

I have come across many automobiles sporting a Team BHP sticker. And the urge to reach out is immense. What with the traffic, even if you make eye contact, there is no way to communicate that we are also Team BHPians. We are left geusturing to no avail.

While i do not know if this has been thought/suggested earlier,

1. Can we have some kind of a hand sign/Gestures/One Handed/Two Handed that will indicate to each of us that the other is a BHPian. (This obviously once we have eye contact, distance would not be a limiter here).

2. This could also be a sequence of signs. One followed by the other.

3. Any kind of specific horn/honking sequence to inidicate the above. This may work during traffic and distance.

The below url at the very bottom has a list of links
List of gestures - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This one is obviously different, but there are signs with descriptions.
Gang Hand Signs from Gang Members

This has complete categories.
Illuminati Symbols

Thought please.
Old 20th March 2010, 12:14   #2829
BHPian

Team-BHP is taking a lot of time to load at my side from last two days.
Is it just me or even everyone else is facing this problem?
Old 20th March 2010, 12:19   #2830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman9393 View Post
I am also facing the same problem.
All other sites load fast except team-bhp.
Done all sorts of exercise like removing cookies and clearing web history etc but invain.
Old 20th March 2010, 12:22   #2831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM - B View Post
Team

I have come across many automobiles sporting a Team BHP sticker. And the urge to reach out is immense. What with the traffic, even if you make eye contact, there is no way to communicate that we are also Team BHPians. We are left geusturing to no avail.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...pian-road.html
Old 20th March 2010, 12:33   #2832
Senior - BHPian

I usually stick my head out the window and holler out 'TEAM BHPPPPPPPP'.

By the way, this topic of discussion does not sit well with Mr.Kapasi. I am sure he'll be here to humiliate us very soon.

Last edited by EssYouWe : 20th March 2010 at 12:35.
Old 23rd March 2010, 11:54   #2833
Senior - BHPian

Multi-qoute feature

Many users (old & new) don't seem to know multi-qoute feature. May be we should add 'text' in addition existing 'icon' similar to 'qoute' button so that it gets highlighted. Otherwise we should just update announcements section about this usage of this feature.
Old 23rd March 2010, 20:15   #2834
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman9393 View Post
We were making some adjustments to the server over last weekend. All set now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Many users (old & new) don't seem to know multi-qoute feature. May be we should add 'text' in addition existing 'icon' similar to 'qoute' button so that it gets highlighted. Otherwise we should just update announcements section about this usage of this feature.
Thanks. We'll have an announcement put up soon (though our FAQ already has a mention of the feature).
Old 24th March 2010, 15:40   #2835
Senior - BHPian

In the 'Search Forums' popup, if I search for i10 automatic, all the threads that have the words i10 or automatic (or both the words) are listed.

Google has another feature - if you include the two words in double quotes ("i10 automatic"), google will consider that as a single word (first word, followed by space, followed by the second word). In this case, google will list pages that contain the two words together (i10 automatic as a single word, and not i10 or automatic). I find this convenient, is it possible to implement this in bhp?

PS: My suggestions may not be practical, but never-the-less my intentions are good

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks