Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2010, 13:05   #2956
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
getting Below Error , while browsing in Mozilla

Could you pls check..
Thanks .sushilkumar,

This issue was resolved shortly after you posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
I was hoping car owners from other manufacturers will pitch in and start similar threads. Since that has not happened, can someone from the moderator team take this initiative? Every time someone has a bad experience with a service center, he/she starts a new thread. This set of threads can be a one place stop for each manufacturer. New car buyers will also be able to refer to these threads and find out how good or bad the service experience of owners has been.
Well, this could be broken up in two ways i guess :

1) A.S.S experience by Manufacturer
2) A.S.S experience per Service Station

At the moment we do have quite a few dedicated threads for specific service stations - and that works similarly to what you have outlined, ie with people contributing in that specific service stations thread itself rather than creating a new one everytime.

Breaking it up by manufacturer as you have done also provides a good overview per brand.

Both methods have their own advantages - but as for the mod team starting a series of Manufacturer specific threads, that would need some further discussion. I guess it could be discussed further in 1-on-1 as well.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd April 2010 at 13:26.
Old 22nd April 2010, 15:36   #2957
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Well, this could be broken up in two ways i guess :

1) A.S.S experience by Manufacturer
2) A.S.S experience per Service Station

At the moment we do have quite a few dedicated threads for specific service stations - and that works similarly to what you have outlined, ie with people contributing in that specific service stations thread itself rather than creating a new one everytime.

Breaking it up by manufacturer as you have done also provides a good overview per brand.

Both methods have their own advantages - but as for the mod team starting a series of Manufacturer specific threads, that would need some further discussion. I guess it could be discussed further in 1-on-1 as well.

cya
R
Doing this on a per service station basis would probably be too tedious, given the huge number of them. What i had in mind was TBHP's own version of something on the lines of the JDPower surveys that come out every now and then. Only difference being that ours will be on going surveys, and straight from the owners.
Old 22nd April 2010, 17:44   #2958
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Doing this on a per service station basis would probably be too tedious, given the huge number of them.
True as well - but quite a few are covered already in our dealerships section.
Maybe in the near future we will have something to give this a shot in the arm.

Quote:
What i had in mind was TBHP's own version of something on the lines of the JDPower surveys that come out every now and then. Only difference being that ours will be on going surveys, and straight from the owners.
Ah! Okay.

Do you know about our ownership surveys? LINK

See the last few questions. This data from scores of OWNERS (including a bit about A.S.S) is then compiled and represented in each review for the specific brand + car. Here

cya
R
Old 24th April 2010, 12:25   #2959
Senior - BHPian

I think we at team-bhp need a database thread about members.

Situation:

If i spot abandoned car on the road with team-bhp sticker at remote place/middle of road .
There is no-one around the car.
The car may have accident or some other problem.
Most probably, the owner/driver of that car is team-bhp member.
I want to help them and the owner/driver member may be in hospital/other place in search of help.
As i do not know whose car is this or i don't have his contact number, i can't help him in case of emergency.

In this situation, if team-bhp have database like member's name, his contact number, his car number, i can contact team-bhp regarding the abandoned car and could get the contact details to help him out.

The thread regarding database should be invisible.
Any member can post his details but access to that data should be only to the mods and administration.
Team-bhp will give the contact number to the asking member after getting proper info about situation.

I hope, you got the idea.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 24th April 2010 at 12:27.
Old 25th April 2010, 10:27   #2960
Senior - BHPian

So who decides if the person asking for the info should be trusted? The mods do not know each and every member personally.
Old 25th April 2010, 11:29   #2961
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
So who decides if the person asking for the info should be trusted? The mods do not know each and every member personally.
Almost no one know each other personally [ very few exceptions compared to total membership].

The asking member should be listed in database and administration can verify it while giving info.
Same thing can be applied vice versa.
Any member stranded near any city and if he knows that xyz member stays in that city, he can contact team-bhp and ask contact details in case he needs some help.

After all, we need to trust members who need help.
Old 25th April 2010, 11:34   #2962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post

Situation:

If i spot abandoned car on the road with team-bhp sticker at remote place/middle of road .
There is no-one around the car.
The car may have accident or some other problem.
Most probably, the owner/driver of that car is team-bhp member.
I want to help them and the owner/driver member may be in hospital/other place in search of help.
As i do not know whose car is this or i don't have his contact number, i can't help him in case of emergency.
Noble thought. But, surely a pretty slim chance of us finding a BHPian's car stranded, the owner in serious need of help AND he is not with his/her car?
Old 25th April 2010, 11:38   #2963
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
same thing can be applied vice versa.
Any member stranded near any city and if he knows that xyz member stays in that city, he can contact team-bhp and ask contact details in case he needs some help.

After all, we need to trust members who need help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacho View Post
Noble thought. But, surely a pretty slim chance of us finding a BHPian's car stranded, the owner in serious need of help AND he is not with his/her car?
@tacho,
in case of second situation, it will be great help for needy.
Old 25th April 2010, 17:17   #2964
BANNED

Could not find Baleno in the list?
Attached Images

Old 25th April 2010, 17:30   #2965
Team-BHP Support

Can we have attachments which re-size the picture size(as in MB)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post
Could not find Baleno in the list?
Maybe because it has been phased out
Old 28th April 2010, 22:03   #2966
BHPian

In the test drive section of Team-BHP, if for example you are in the review section of 5 series, and then if one clicks on 'Search our forums for 5 series', the automated search searches only for '5' thus falling under the minimum word length of 3, returning the message that the search cannot be performed.
The same is true for other cars such as 5 series, Q7 etc.

Last edited by aman9393 : 28th April 2010 at 22:05.
Old 28th April 2010, 22:22   #2967
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Situation:

I hope, you got the idea.
Aren't you expected to do all this even for non-TBHPians? If a stranger were to meet with an accident and you happened to pass by, your duty would be to help him regardless of whether he is a TBHPian or his details are known. So it wouldn't make sense to maintain a database of all the users.

Then there are privacy issues and security concerns too. After all TBHP is a free community.

I have another request: When searching for my own posts, I am shown all posts. Posts which have got replies since my last visit are flagged with an icon. Can we add an extra option to the search so I can search for "Posts which have received replies since last visit" instead of "Find all posts by this user" ?

Last edited by honeybee : 28th April 2010 at 22:28.
Old 29th April 2010, 13:31   #2968
BHPian

From the Horses Mouth?

Thought of this idea while browsing through the forum for various 3M services available. Impossible to browse and search for a similar suggestion, so here goes.

While personal experiences of bhp'ians are a great way to gauge the reliability or purpose of the service or product, a detailed explanation of the same could be really helpful coming from the provider of the same.

Why not invite selected manufacturers or service providers to join the forum (With the obvious clause of not allowing anyone to market their products) and keep us up to date about whatever they want to share with us. This way we'l have someone from the company whom we can talk to and ask certain relevant questions.

For eg, if a person from 3M was here, he/she could share latest prices of the services, where it's available from, whom to contact. etc.

I'm just being a little vague here but thats what i thought of.
Old 29th April 2010, 13:53   #2969
Distinguished - BHPian

@bornin70s, IMO that will be a very thin line between providing information and publicity / marketing.

Another very obvious point is that the feedback and information provided by a user/group of users is going to be far more neutral than a manufacturer giving details about his own products. Feedback given by users allows different view points & experiences, unlike the details given by any manufacturer about his products. And o you think any manfuacturer will ever mention the negative points about his products ?

Quote:
Ashish & every one else : I hope you guys realize the amount of effor it will take to create and maintain such a database. Also, an openly accessible database can also be misused by people.

Having said that, as our interactions keep growing, we do build up & spread our relationships, and often end up knowing fellow TBHP-ians staying in different parts of the city and other cities too. This gives a TBHP-ian a fair chance of reaching out for people in the area he needs help.

On the same lines, do you know we have a thread like this one :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...-you-stay.html

Last edited by bblost : 29th April 2010 at 14:13.
Old 29th April 2010, 18:06   #2970
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I think what you are describing requires a lot of work, and will have less real-world value in comparison the the amount of work that went into it. Chances of use are also fairly low.

As per your signature, i will let you "make progress" on this topic with the others who have replied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Can we have attachments which re-size the picture size(as in MB)?
When an image larger than 800x600 is uploaded, the image dimensions as well as file-size are reduced in the "thumbnail" shown. (The thumbnail is the 800x600 image which has a black bar at the bottom).

If you have a slow net connection, check out Opera Turbo. That might help you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman9393 View Post
...'Search our forums for 5 series', the automated search searches only for '5' thus falling under the minimum word length of 3...
Thanks aman9393, we did notice this and are looking into an alternative solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
....Can we add an extra option to the search so I can search for "Posts which have received replies since last visit" instead of "Find all posts by this user" ?
Search > Advanced Search > Find posts from >> Your last visit

Cheers,
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 29th April 2010 at 18:09.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks