Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2010, 10:56   #2986
BANNED

Hi,

Could we have a sub-section to the below mentioned thread for IT & non IT jobs. Almost all the posts here are for the IT industry.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...thread-31.html

Viper
Old 4th May 2010, 23:18   #2987
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi,

Could we have a sub-section to the below mentioned thread for IT & non IT jobs. Almost all the posts here are for the IT industry.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...thread-31.html

Viper

I went through the last few pages of the thread, and I think it's a good mix of IT and non IT jobs.
Old 5th May 2010, 15:51   #2988
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
....I want an option where I shall only get these 27 threads.
As Gandhi said :
1) Subscribe to threads (in User CP set it to automatically subscribe you to threads you post in).
2) Turn OFF all subscription email alerts
3) Visit your User CP > Subscriptions
4) You will see a list of THREADs which have been posted in since your last visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
...I think what you are missing is the fact that you are automatically subscribed to any thread you post to....
FYI - I do not think this is the default setting.

cya
R
Old 5th May 2010, 23:01   #2989
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Rehaan, I shall try that.

Meanwhile, while going through a thread on an experience at Wasan Ford, something crossed my mind. Being an auto community, reviewing vehicles, manufacturers and dealerships comes as natural to TBHP. Why not make this all organised so we can better utilize the information? Here's what I have in mind:

For evaluating dealership experiences, make a list of points:
1. Promptness of service (how much time you were left alone when you were expecting someone to be with you etc)
2. Awareness of the sales staff (regarding competitors' models, features of the vehicle on sale etc)
3. Attitude (helpful, indifferent, rude etc)
4. Eagerness to clinch a deal
5. Overall feel of the dealership (ambience, seating arrangement, display arrangement, availability of hot/soft drinks, water etc)

And so on. Either all of us, or some of us, or maybe the mods, can come up with a set of points for dealership reviews, for service centre reviews, vehicle reviews, manufacturer reviews. Create a separate section on the board where members will only post this info. No lengthy explanations or descriptions. Each post would only contain the list of points and the ratings against it (maybe on a scale of five or ten). This way it would become very easy for all of us to make comparisons between service levels of different service centres for Ford etc.
Old 7th May 2010, 13:21   #2990
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
....Being an auto community, reviewing vehicles, manufacturers and dealerships comes as natural to TBHP. Why not make this all organised so we can better utilize the information?....
Thats an excellent idea honeybee, infact, we have exactly that for the car reviews.

Read the entire description paragraph and then follow the last link on the page as well :
Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community - Test Drives

We have been considering applying something similar to other products/services as well, as you have mentioned.

cya
R
Old 7th May 2010, 13:36   #2991
Senior - BHPian

This is one feature, I wish to see in TBHP.
I would like to list down or see all my posts/new threads starting yesterday, day before yesterday, last week & last month. This feature should be available before or after "New Posts" as a drop down menu, like how the menu appears when Quick Link is clicked.
Old 7th May 2010, 13:39   #2992
Senior - BHPian

Rehaan,

I have one suggestion, is it possible that before posting any new thread in any section a window pop up is provided to alert the thread poster to search the section before posting coz we have seen many threads started by BHPians but end up getting moved to an existing thread thereby burdening the moderators of searching the correct thread and doing the moving job. For eg if BHPian enters a familiar word in the thread header a drop down appears of somewhat similar thread headers.
Even I on many occassions have gone ahead enthusiatically and posted a few thread although similar thread existed coz I did not have time to do a search or I felt the existing thread would not do justice to what I wanted to post.
You are the experts, please advise.
Old 7th May 2010, 22:25   #2993
Team-BHP Support

@Mods, can we please maintain an excel sheet for the blood groups of the bhpians instead of a 22 page list of donors (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...r-list-22.html). It will be very difficult in times of emergency to scan through so many pages.
Old 7th May 2010, 23:24   #2994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
@Mods, can we please maintain an excel sheet for the blood groups of the bhpians instead of a 22 page list of donors (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...r-list-22.html). It will be very difficult in times of emergency to scan through so many pages.
You can get the same thing here : Team-BHP - View Poll Results
Old 8th May 2010, 17:38   #2995
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
I would like to list down or see all my posts/new threads starting yesterday, day before yesterday, last week & last month. This feature should be available before or after "New Posts" as a drop down menu, like how the menu appears when Quick Link is clicked.
Advanced search -> user name -> Find posts / threads by user.

Can't have a "find my posts / threads" button on the drop-down menu as it has limited appeal to most community members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I have one suggestion, is it possible that before posting any new thread in any section a window pop up is provided to alert the thread poster to search the section before posting coz we have seen many threads started by BHPians but end up getting moved to an existing thread thereby burdening the moderators of searching the correct thread and doing the moving job.
Mod Technocrat did bring this up earlier. It is not available as a standard feature of our software, but there are certain customisations that do the same thing. However, as we grow, its best to keep our software as stock as possible (mods bring potential reliability, security & performance issues).

In the meanwhile, do use the "report this post to a Moderator" functionality, should you come across any repeat discussions. Member reports greatly help us in maintaining the forum's high quality standards.
Old 8th May 2010, 17:46   #2996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Advanced search -> user name -> Find posts / threads by user.
Can't have a "find my posts / threads" button on the drop-down menu as it has limited appeal to most community members.
Can the handle at the top right of the page not be hyper linked to one's profile page. That'd make things straightforward for many.
Old 8th May 2010, 20:11   #2997
Senior - BHPian

Can we have cases of lemons shifted to the ownership section instead of the Indian Car Scene? The Indian Car Scene should be for news, new models, comparos, etc.
Old 8th May 2010, 20:52   #2998

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
Can the handle at the top right of the page not be hyper linked to one's profile page. That'd make things straightforward for many.
+1. I have seen the me feature in other forums and it is really helpful to me
Old 8th May 2010, 23:05   #2999
Senior - BHPian

can we have this

should help folks from bumping old posts, and consequently , mods having to lock them
Old 8th May 2010, 23:23   #3000
Distinguished - BHPian

Unread posts that have been read...

I usually start with my subscribed-posts list, or maybe the new-posts list, clicking the first-unread icon of the threads I want to read, and opening them in tabs. Having gone through those, I might click either subsrcibed or new again --- and very often I find that first-unread is taking me to the same places it did last time.

The other vBulletin forum, and, in fact, other forums based on other systems as well, seem to update this read-posts marker instantly: only in T-BHP do I encounter a delay.

That's not very clear... hope you can make it out <Blush>

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks