Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2010, 22:35   #3121
BANNED

Mods,

Would it be worthwhile to provide a link from a given thread to Facebook? This would be helpful to share the reviews with others on Facebook. I am not sure if this question had already been raised.
Old 7th July 2010, 00:36   #3122
Senior - BHPian

Please disable the smilies which appear on the right hand side of the page which comes when we make a post. One look at my screen and everyone in the office knows that I am not working. One can always choose a smiley from the drop down list.

Or atleast move the smiley section under the page. So that we can scroll and keep it under while we type in reply section.

Last edited by Dippy : 9th July 2010 at 00:24. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 7th July 2010, 14:53   #3123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Please disable the smilies which appear on the right hand side of the page which comes when we make a post. One look at my screen and everyone in the office knows that I am not working. One can always choose a smiley from the drop down list.
A simple solution to this problem would be to compose your post in a basic text editor (like notepad).

While you are composing the post in notepad, either keep the T-BHP window minimised or place the notepad window in such a way that it covers the smileys on T-BHP page.

Then copy-paste from notepad to T-BHP, add smileys if required, preview and post quickly.

Rohan
Old 8th July 2010, 21:50   #3124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadracer View Post
Mods,

Would it be worthwhile to provide a link from a given thread to Facebook? This would be helpful to share the reviews with others on Facebook. I am not sure if this question had already been raised.
Can't the thread link be posted on your Facebook pages/comments?
Old 8th July 2010, 22:23   #3125
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Why dont you just use quickreply which is at the bottom of every page.
Old 8th July 2010, 23:17   #3126
Senior - BHPian

The page that goes to Test Drive in the header, there are drop down to select the vehicles.

this is not updated with recent launches i.e. Ford Figo and VW Polo. When can we see them updated.
Old 9th July 2010, 02:35   #3127
Senior - BHPian

Are we looking at more levels of memberships in future ?
Old 9th July 2010, 20:42   #3128
BHPian

Dear Mods,
I have a humble suggestion. Together, We can do a lot of things in the field of charity. We have got a good membership strength.
Why can't we start a charity club in district wise, so that help will extend to the needy ones also our beloved forum will get more popular
Join hands,for somebody, who really needs us...not all with money but ... with care and advice.
Old 10th July 2010, 00:40   #3129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonian View Post
Dear Mods,
I have a humble suggestion. Together, We can do a lot of things in the field of charity. We have got a good membership strength.
Why can't we start a charity club in district wise, so that help will extend to the needy ones also our beloved forum will get more popular
Join hands,for somebody, who really needs us...not all with money but ... with care and advice.
My personal opinion on this is that teambhp is an automobile forum, where enthusiasts meet primarily due to their love of automobiles. Now, most members have other interests too, hence a Shifting Gears forum-subsection.

Your suggestion is good and it is something eminently doable by the members of teambhp; but neither does it have to have the teambhp name, nor does it have to only consist of bhpians. So, my suggestion is, you can take the initiative to start a charity in your locality/district, get other teambhpians on board. To do that, you can use the Shifting Gears forum to attract members. There might not be a need for the mods to do anything immediately. I am sure, if this takes off in a big way, Shifting Gears can get a Charity sub-section.

Thanks for bringing this up, our country needs all the help it can get.
Old 10th July 2010, 16:25   #3130
BHPian

Not sure if already people have requested for these improvements, however, thought of putting down my suggestions:

1. When we go to the listing of threads or sub-threads we see only the thread creator name. It would be nice if the "thread initiation date" also be there so that we could come to know how old is the thread from any particular information perspective where date has some relevance, e.g. recent road conditions.

2. Search results should have some sorting options, e.g. sort by date.

3. Not sure whether it happens to me only, many times i do not see any increment in the number of posts, especially when i post within a short time in different threads. In this regard i sent a communication to the "contact us" option as mentioned in GTO's signature, however, never got any response. It would be nice if some response would come in to the query we post (rather I post).

4. It would have been great if there were official team get-together initiated by the mods, may it be annually, but in a mega scale.
Old 20th July 2010, 15:35   #3131
BHPian

I am facing this problem since a few days, that is, I am not getting instant email notifications as earlier, all settings in my User CP are correct. This problem started after thursday I suppose, what is it?

When someone sends me a PM, I do not get a notification in my Registered Email Inbox as earlier.
HELP!!
Old 20th July 2010, 15:59   #3132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
DigitalDragon : 3. Not sure whether it happens to me only, many times i do not see any increment in the number of posts, especially when i post within a short time in different threads.
@DD, the post count is desinged such that posts in some sections (like Shifting Gears) do not add to your overall post count. What you are seeing is not due to the speed at which you submit new posts.
Old 20th July 2010, 16:58   #3133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@DD, the post count is desinged such that posts in some sections (like Shifting Gears) do not add to your overall post count. What you are seeing is not due to the speed at which you submit new posts.
Thanks @ Condor for the clarification. But pardon my ignorance, whatever the post count is now has come majorly from the team BHP meet section which is under shifting gears. Still clueless...
Old 20th July 2010, 17:43   #3134
Distinguished - BHPian

@DD, pls check the FAQ's here :
Team-BHP - Team-BHP FAQ: Troubleshooting

( Why is my Post Count not increasing ? )
Old 20th July 2010, 18:03   #3135
BHPian

can edit my post or new thread content after 20 minutes time? Mods please help me

Last edited by trtraj : 20th July 2010 at 18:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks