Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2006, 12:40   #301
BHPian

Maybe we can introduce another forum for group buys. I mean lot of people on this forum buy similar stuff and maybe if they form a group and approach the dealer they would gain more benefit. The reason for this suggestion is that in my organisation people often form groups to buy cars and accessories and they get a considerable discount.
Old 23rd August 2006, 00:50   #302
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor
Extending the suggestion regarding descriptive thread titles, it would be good if TBHP-ians can be more expressive with their thread titles, instead of saying something like 'Help wanted'. It helps to get a better idea about the contents of the thread by looking at the title, instead of something that leaves one clue-less
Indeed, infact it is one of the TBHP Rules.

cya
R
Old 23rd August 2006, 03:53   #303
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Just wondering.. how is it that... some people who have less than 1000 posts are Senior-Bhpians...
to check go to member list sort post wise.... and check out the profiles of say top 10-12 guys just below 1000 posts.

Are these are people who were senior-bhpians before the new rule came in for not counting some posts?
Old 23rd August 2006, 04:45   #304
BANNED

There are lot of threads especially in the Technical section that needs to be moved to the Best Threads section, but the work is not done yet.
Old 23rd August 2006, 10:23   #305
GTO
Team-BHP Support

SLK,

There were some users who were already Senior-BHPians when(a little time back) we removed the post count from the Introductions and Shifting Gears forum sections. The lesser post count is due to the count from these forums becoming redundant.

However, a decision was made to not degrade the status after the move.

Mithun - All I can say is wait and watch. We have something nice coming up by our 3rd anniversary!
Old 24th August 2006, 09:26   #306
BHPian

Need help...
as soon as i post a message, i go back to the forum's page and not the thread page, as earlier... Why? and a post of mine in MOTORSPORTS was not posted....
Old 24th August 2006, 10:36   #307
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Ess_a,

You must pay attention to the PMs you receive. Please check your inbox and the announcements section, where it is mentioned that posts / threads by newbies are now subject to moderator approval before they show on the post.
Old 24th August 2006, 11:01   #308
Senior - BHPian

Ok GTO two problems that I have been facing:

1. I can only PM 3 people at one time & when we are organising meets it's a pain in the *** to send out 80-90 PM's to people (yes, we have that many active members!!) cutting & pasting all the time. I had a chat with TSK about this & understand the mass PM'ing implications but is there any way around I can be saved from the cut & paste torture??

2. The Member List search function has a peculiar problem let me demonstrate an example:

I decide to do an advance search with location as Delhi, post count greater than 0 & last visit after 2006-07-01. So the list turns out 140 members long & even if I make the number of members visible on the last column 200 I can only see 100 one one page, which I guess is the limit. Now the first page is fine but when I go onto the next page the search is lost & I am presented with the second page of the list of ALL the members on TBHP. Can you please fix this as otherwise I have to see the last alphabet showing on the first page which is incidentally R & then search S,T,U,V and so on individually & then get the complete list.

Please, Please, Please help me out here!!

Last edited by iraghava : 24th August 2006 at 11:04.
Old 24th August 2006, 11:54   #309
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
1. I can only PM 3 people at one time & when we are organising meets it's a pain in the ***
iraghava, We cannot allow mass PMs. THis is to avoid spam not only by users of the board, but also automated spam softwares.

About point no.2, I have just checked and it appears to be a bug. Have asked someone to look into it but am not too hopeful of an early resolution.

The best way to announce or inform Delhites about a meet would be by opening a thread. In addition, you could PM only the members who have shown an inclination to come.

Sorry couldnt help anymore.
Old 27th August 2006, 09:56   #310
Distinguished - BHPian

Is there a group id for the mod team? I have been using the contact us link when I want to send a msg to the team. If there is any other way, pls let us know.
Old 28th August 2006, 09:26   #311
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is there a group id for the mod team? I have been using the contact us link when I want to send a msg to the team. If there is any other way, pls let us know.
1. Using the "Report this post to a moderator" linky sends your message to the entire moderator team.

2. You can use the contact us form for any other comments.
Old 28th August 2006, 15:04   #312
Senior - BHPian

What about an option for saving drafts?
Old 29th August 2006, 04:26   #313
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise
What about an option for saving drafts?
Once again this is a limitation due to the forum software, but your alternatives are -

1. Send it to yourself
2. Send it once and it will remain in your sent folder for later use.

cya
R
Old 30th August 2006, 11:03   #314
BHPian

Sticky Post within a Thread!

I've noticed so many times that in a thread there is information that is probably one of the following...

1) The most specific answer to the Query
2) Rules to post in the particular thread
3) The most interesting post
4) The most informative post etc.,

I am not sure if the idea is far fetched / impractical, but how about having a sticky post within a thread so that it pops up everytime you click on the hyperlink for the thread ("Goto the first unread post" thingy?!!)... Lemme know what you think guys.
Old 4th September 2006, 01:41   #315
Senior - BHPian

Moderators..

What Is The Referrals In The Each Member's Profile ??

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks