Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2010, 22:13   #3241
Senior - BHPian

@aman9393 - Whenever a member changes his/her mail id, the status changes to "Awaiting Email Confirmation" & remains so until the members confirms the new mail id.
Old 7th September 2010, 23:32   #3242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Manishk83,

I feel like this was discussed somewhere (years back), but there was a definite mention of some "sunday garage / hands-on sessions".
Personally, i think its a great idea, theres only so much that virtual learning can teach, and its an entirely different experience to see, feel, hear and smell the parts! Ofcourse, some of the "teachings" will make it to the forum in terms of pictures + report + info, so that will be beneficial for all.

Perhaps start a thread to gauge interest, as well as what the most popular topics would be?

cya
R
Thankyou Rehaan for thinking it's possible.

I've just created the thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ions-game.html
Old 8th September 2010, 00:29   #3243
BHPian

Dont know if its been suggested earlier, but is it possible to integrate the Rupee symbol into the classifieds and other relevant sections ?
Old 8th September 2010, 12:28   #3244
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Drinking and driving is a strict no-no and TBHP encourages safe driving. Posts that even have a hint of 'fermented barley' is deleted/edited. Driving under influence is dangerous to both, the driver and the fellow citizens. Similar is the case of underage driving. Then why aren't posts on TBHP mentioning underage driving deleted/edited? This is a general post and not aimed at anyone in particular.
We have a STRICT stand against drunk / underage driving or even street-racing. In the recent past, a handful of car reviews were deleted as they were posted by <18 year old members.

Please feel free to report these posts to us. We'll look into them immediately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Can we have URLs of all the individual ownership threads of a particular model listed under the ownership summary that has been compiled by the support team? If that would be too much, how about the best or the most comprehensive 5 reviews?
As Rehaan posted, expect it in 2011. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman9393 View Post
Can we have another skin just like the BHP mobile skin, but with an option for showing images?
Mobile skin is intended to be light & easy (loads real quick). Sorry, we don't have any plans to display images on this forum style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidink View Post
The calendar section (which should be under Mod control) should be filled with Indian Automotive events that all of us can take note of.

For example, if updated on a rolling 90 day basis - it can be used to plan Team-BHP events around these National or Regional car/bike events. Events on the radar can range from Concourse to informal car shows to car fairs and trade meets etc.
Great suggestion. However, hardly any member ever visits the calendar at all. We prefer posting events on the forum so that:

- We can have pre-event discussions
- Post-event reports with pics

Quote:
We are against cruelty to cars, or wives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman9393 View Post
How is this possible?
A bug or something else?!
Attachment 420033
I am talking about his status, awaiting e-mail conformation.
Strange, eh?
Even if Senior Members change their email address, the system will put them in "email confirmation" status. You need to have a confirmed email address linked to your account at all times, whether at the time of joining or after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Dont know if its been suggested earlier, but is it possible to integrate the Rupee symbol into the classifieds and other relevant sections ?
I really want to. Would appreciate tips on getting this done from techies.
Old 9th September 2010, 16:56   #3245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
bump for this feature , makes forum browsing easier from mobile.

more information Tapatalk - iPhone Android Nokia BlackBerry forum app for vBulletin phpBB IPBoard SMF
Any idea if this has been implemented?
Old 9th September 2010, 20:03   #3246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
Manishk83,
I feel like this was discussed somewhere (years back), but there was a definite mention of some "sunday garage / hands-on sessions".
Personally, i think its a great idea, theres only so much that virtual learning can teach, and its an entirely different experience to see, feel, hear and smell the parts! Ofcourse, some of the "teachings" will make it to the forum in terms of pictures + report + info, so that will be beneficial for all.
Perhaps start a thread to gauge interest, as well as what the most popular topics would be?
cya
R

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk83 View Post
Thankyou Rehaan for thinking it's possible.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...ions-game.html
I am not sure if this has been suggested before. It might sound very trivial but would help a lot of people who still don't know how to do those little things? I'd like to see a entire section contributed to explaining common things in a simpler fashion, with pictures. (kind of small howstuffworks. com section)

1. How to check battery is connected / dead / working? (this should be same more or less in every car I guess)

2. How to check engine oil level?

3. Under the hood? (Pick a part with picture and explain how it works)

4. What are Brake Pads? Where to find them? How they work?

One thread with pics for each of these small things would greatly help many of us out here.
Old 9th September 2010, 21:14   #3247
BHPian

today got the pm about bumping threads .
Quote:
Of late, there have been an increasing number of posts that are little other than thread *bumps*. Bumping up a thread means to post a meaningless message, or a repeat query back-to-back with your previous one, only to attract the attention of other members.

Please note that this practice is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP and will be considered as spam. Bumping up threads will have your account infracted.
if in the original thread that is being bumped the queries solution is not there / no logical conclusion has been decided , can we bump it to bring to members notice ? or are supposed to create a new thread on the same issue . suppose we want to know something on a news thead about the present situation . can we then bump the thread ?
Old 11th September 2010, 00:19   #3248
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-...ven-ncr-3.html

Mods, look at the size of the write up. i just used one smiley per para. perhaps you need to consider usage of smiley basis words on write ups... no sense for me to break up the post and put up points one by one just so i can use smileys. text is boring.
Old 11th September 2010, 11:43   #3249
Senior - BHPian

I was wondering if moderation can be extended to the classifieds as well.

Perhaps a differentiated representation for members and non-members (especially dealers).
As well as standardization of Ad title, in terms of information provided and removal of caps.

Title casing can be employed for thread titles as well.

I know this is unnecessary load, but maybe you guys can look into it.

Thanks!
Old 14th September 2010, 15:39   #3250
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk83 View Post
Will take a look at it soon. A little swamped right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
... is it possible to integrate the Rupee symbol...?
Shouldn't we wait for unicode formalities before doing this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
no logical conclusion has been decided , can we bump it to bring to members notice ? or are supposed to create a new thread on the same issue . suppose we want to know something on a news thead about the present situation . can we then bump the thread ?
The kind of bumping that is discouraged is :
- Repeat posts with a short time interval between them
- Replying to dormant threads with a "Wow, thats really cool" zero value-add one-liner
- Asking the same question that has recently been asked.

In almost all other cases, its encouraged to reply/continue in a thread that exists on the same topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montyguru View Post
perhaps you need to consider usage of smiley basis words on write ups... no sense for me to break up the post and put up points one by one just so i can use smileys. text is boring.
Its a fairly straightforward rule now. Breaking it up into X smileys per Y words just makes if very complicated to enforce.

If text is boring, how about using images? They sure do add to the appeal of a thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Perhaps a differentiated representation for members and non-members (especially dealers).
Consider it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
As well as standardization of Ad title, in terms of information provided and removal of caps.
This too will be implemented to a degree. The upgraded classifieds is just around the corner.

Cheers,
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th September 2010 at 15:40.
Old 15th September 2010, 09:46   #3251
BHPian

I was reading tru the sticker thread and saw a nice variant to the 'got bhp?' Sticker. A Bhpian got a reflection (reverse) thus can be read tru somebody's rear view. Neat idea, wanted to suggest that plus stickers that can be stuck from the inside (on glass) logo side sticker.
I'm not sure if this already exists, I don't have a set.
And since I'm doing this via mobile couldn't have a successful search. Its a bad idea to be pulled up for an 'idea'.

Last edited by johnda : 15th September 2010 at 09:48. Reason: spell
Old 15th September 2010, 11:07   #3252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The upgraded classifieds is just around the corner.

Cheers,
R
So how many more years then?
Old 15th September 2010, 11:11   #3253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnda View Post
I was reading tru the sticker thread and saw a nice variant to the 'got bhp?' Sticker. A Bhpian got a reflection (reverse) thus can be read tru somebody's rear view. Neat idea, wanted to suggest that plus stickers that can be stuck from the inside (on glass) logo side sticker.
I'm not sure if this already exists, I don't have a set.
And since I'm doing this via mobile couldn't have a successful search. Its a bad idea to be pulled up for an 'idea'.

Nice idea.
Guess you can post this in the sticker thread.
Old 17th September 2010, 11:54   #3254
BHPian

Suggestion

Dear Mods,

Is it possible for you to come up with a Used Car Valuation Form like Carwale.

1.) It will be given more credibility.
2.) It will reduce a lot of posts and will also save time.
3.) No data is saved on your servers.

I do not know the difficulties or legality nor the Costs of such a process. Just a suggestion.

Regards,
Fiddler
Old 17th September 2010, 14:17   #3255
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Fiddler
what an excellent suggestion!
I think that for TBHP as India's premier web forum dedicated to automobiles, this is a perfect addition as an information bank / sharing service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Dear Mods,

Is it possible for you to come up with a Used Car Valuation Form like Carwale.

1.) It will be given more credibility.
2.) It will reduce a lot of posts and will also save time.
3.) No data is saved on your servers.

I do not know the difficulties or legality nor the Costs of such a process. Just a suggestion.

Regards,
Fiddler

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks