Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2010, 14:45   #3256
BHPian

My suggestion will be like the TeamBHP stickers other goodies can also be available in the teamBHP stores like keychains etc and some more Specific stickers for bikes
And also like testdrives moderators take of comparison test (if possible)
Old 22nd September 2010, 00:20   #3257
Senior - BHPian

Mods a suggestion

Can you divide the test drive and ownership section into hatchbacks,sedans,suvs and luxury?
Old 27th September 2010, 14:18   #3258
BHPian

Thanks for this helpful thread. We can also have a thread " SOLD MY CAR" so that we can bet aware of the market value of our vehicles.
Old 28th September 2010, 14:41   #3259
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnda View Post
..A Bhpian got a reflection (reverse) thus can be read tru somebody's rear view. Neat idea, wanted to suggest that plus stickers that can be stuck from the inside (on glass) logo side sticker.
The AMBULANCE style sticker is a cool idea, though how many people actually stick stickers on the front of their car?

As for the "inside glass" stickers -- yep, its something we have considered, and will reconsider for the next set. For now, take a look at this post for the trade-offs :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1184738-post134.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
So how many more years then?
0.0x ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Is it possible for you to come up with a Used Car Valuation Form.
Surely something that will add a lot of value. At the moment we have a thread with this function (linked below), but a more formalized system is definitely something we have on our to-do lists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk 8896 View Post
My suggestion will be like the TeamBHP stickers other goodies can also be available in the teamBHP stores
We are definitely keen to expand the offered Team-BHP merchandise in the future. We'll get to adding some new items soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Can you divide the test drive and ownership section into hatchbacks,sedans,suvs and luxury?
Interesting suggestion, and makes sense to mirror the "What Car" type section breakup. However, the way the TD section is structured we already have sub-sections, so adding a further breakup within those sections will be an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk2009 View Post
We can also have a thread " SOLD MY CAR" so that we can bet aware of the market value of our vehicles.
Good suggestion -- similar to the "new car pricecheck" thread.

However, we already have a "used car price check" thread thats along very similar lines to your "sold my car for" suggestion. Perhaps the title could be changed to append that.

Here's the link : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...ck-thread.html

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th September 2010 at 14:43.
Old 16th October 2010, 12:00   #3260
BANNED

Last couple of days, I am finding that the smileys are behaving oddly on my browser. All of them are simply blinking, instead of doing the way they should.

The "headbang", for example, used to show the head banging against the wall. ROTFL fmiley used to actually roll. The Clapping hands one used to clap hands. Now, all are simply blinking.

Just me?? How do others get it?

This is FireFox (actually, Iceweasel, on Debian Linux).

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 16th October 2010 at 12:02. Reason: fixed a typo
Old 16th October 2010, 12:15   #3261
BHPian

Hi,

I have one request regarding the search facility here. Although because I am not an IT guy, I would not know how feasible is this, or how this will be feasible.

Would it be possible for us to incorporate a Google type search engine here, as we have seen on some other sites? I personally find the present search engine to be a bit cumbersome, may be because I don't know how to use it properly, though I have tried a lot. If so, please help me out with your suggestions.

During my use of the forum for the last few years, I have found it easier to do a search on google, which would then throw up the relevant page on TBHP, rather than searching directly on TBHP.

A better/easier to use search engine would really put to best use the vast archives of Automotive knowledge here on TBHP.

Thanks for hearing me out.

Cheers,
R_S
Old 16th October 2010, 12:19   #3262
Team-BHP Support

@roadie_swift

In the google search box simply type
site:<any site> <search terms>

for example
site:team-bhp.com roadie_swift

Infact read thru http://www.google.com/help/features.html for some very interesting google features.

Last edited by bblost : 16th October 2010 at 12:20.
Old 16th October 2010, 12:30   #3263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
@roadie_swift

In the google search box simply type
site:<any site> <search terms>

for example
site:team-bhp.com roadie_swift

Infact read thru Search Features for some very interesting google features.
@bblost: I think I didn't convey my thoughts properly in the earlier post. Pls let me rephrase.

Using Google.com is easy, of course, and I have been following exactly what you suggested to get desired results.

What I wanted to suggest was regarding the in-built search engine that we have on TBHP, which is this - *

I was wondering if this search engine itself can be modeled like the Google one, so that we can search within the site instead of going to Google (Although it's not that difficult to do it, I agree..)

Cheers,
R_S

*I am trying to put the attachment here, but can't manage it. :-(
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-search-screen.jpg  

Last edited by roadie_swift : 16th October 2010 at 12:34.
Old 16th October 2010, 12:35   #3264
Team-BHP Support

But I find the ability to search in team-bhp quite good. The only time I end up using google search is when I remember a phrase and want to search for it and I don't remember the spellings.

For all other search queries, I find the page you put up more than adequate.
Is there any special search feature that is missing and is it used by you (via google) more than 3 out of 10 times.
Old 16th October 2010, 12:41   #3265
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Last couple of days, I am finding that the smileys are behaving oddly on my browser.
BSD - All seems fine to me. Its probably an issue with your browser. Try clearing the cache? And if that doesn't work - test on another browser?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadie_swift View Post
I was wondering if this search engine itself can be modeled like the Google one, so that we can search within the site instead of going to Google (Although it's not that difficult to do it, I agree..)
I think what you're asking for exists. Here's how to use is :
LINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
1. Use the search box on the top right hand corner of each page. Enter your search query and click on the arrow:

2. BINGO! The search results:

cya
R
Old 16th October 2010, 12:44   #3266
BHPian

Ooookaay, thanks a lot, Rehaan and bblost. I'd never thought of using the topmost right-hand corner for the searches. I always used the search button on the toolbar inside the Forum, the one that starts with User CP and ends with Logout.

Thanks again for the link.

Cheers,
R_S
Old 18th October 2010, 21:31   #3267
Team-BHP Support

Nowadays Team-Bhp is invited to test Cars, a proud moment for all of us.

Can we take the liberty to keep the Car for a day more and do a thorough review.

Not that the ones are lacking, but I am sure journalist rush would be much more on the said day and hence few more hours would do justice if not an entire day.

Hope the manufacturers are more co-operative and don't play big.

Edit--Though if the tester(our fellow bhpian) is having enough time in hand or believes the time alloted is sufficient, then it is fine

Last edited by Sheel : 18th October 2010 at 21:34.
Old 19th October 2010, 10:12   #3268
Senior - BHPian

Just a suggestions Mods.

Similar to the car stickers can the slogans/logos be printed for T-shirts too. The sizes can vary from 28-48, would be easy to get them in bulk. If priced correctly would be an instant hit with the BHPians/non BHPains too.
Advantages:
1) It would look cool to sport a T-BHP T-shirt
2) Would spread the message of safe driving.
3) Better advertising of the forum esp the classifieds

If the suggestion has been given earlier, pls ignore.
Old 19th October 2010, 10:37   #3269
BHPian

Mods, I am a mobile browser user. I have the following issues
1) no access from the home page to hot threads.

2)No access to uploading pictures.

3) No viewing of pictures (I see some I don't see some) atleast thumbnail view would be nice. (You could have a toggle at the bottom like gmail does for with chat without chat. So that we can turn em on and off)

4) Despite being light as it is (I know it wipes everything I have talked about) I find access times very slow. I have tried with airtel & vodafone. Before you ask I have tried with sony native web browser, opera mini 4.2 & 5 on sony. Opera, bolt, vodafone live, airtel native & blackberry browser on My BB. BB was also tried with wifi and edge. Sony is edge access.

In case I have posted in the wrong thread please move it. In case you'll are looking into it many thanks!

Regards.
Old 19th October 2010, 11:32   #3270
BANNED

while I do appreciate a mobile, light weight version of the forum, please note that:-

1. Mobile speeds are slower - 56 to 126 Kbps on GPRS.

2. Images may be turned off by default on your browser.

3. The browser may not support java script.

I am able to use the forum fairly reasonably from my Nokia 5130 XpressMusic, using 2 or 3 versions of opera. Ihave made posts; but not tried uploading pics.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks