Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2010, 10:09   #3331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
When showing the number of pages, instead of showing (1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last Page) please show it as say (1 2 3 .. 9 10 11).

Removed threads to be listed, and the reason for removal mentioned.

Anyone who misspells/ misuses brake and break to have an immediate 1 day suspension.

Regards
Sutripta
I would also second the above.

And to suspending/warning/infracting the people who break the "brake"... oops... i meant, confuse between brake and break
Old 11th November 2010, 11:30   #3332
Senior - BHPian

Bunch of elitists. Many of the technologically sound ones use incorrect grammar and spellings in their post. Nice set of priorities you guys have these days.
Old 11th November 2010, 12:37   #3333
Senior - BHPian

This is not a way of showing elitism, but maintaining readability and quality. You can also call it perfectionism. Taking a few extra seconds to read through what's typed and correct silly mistakes like this, shows that you're really concerned about what goes into the forum. And quality is what differentiates T-BHP from other similar fora.

How many people bother to go through the Announcements section thoroughly before actually posting here?

Sorry if i sounded rude, but I couldn't help commenting on that statement.
Old 11th November 2010, 15:13   #3334
Team-BHP Support

Every once a while, after I have posted a thread/reply, the page blanks out. On going to the previous page, I get the "Reply to thread" or "Post new thread" page.

I've experienced this on multiple computers so doubt something could be wrong with my browser settings.

Anyone else facing this issue?
Old 11th November 2010, 21:18   #3335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Bunch of elitists. Many of the technologically sound ones use incorrect grammar and spellings in their post. Nice set of priorities you guys have these days.
Being able to distinguish between 'brake' and 'break' should be a given for any member on an (English language) automotive forum. If giving this importance is being elitist, I'm proud to be one.

Regards
Sutripta
Old 12th November 2010, 14:56   #3336
Senior - BHPian

New Registrations!!

As we know lot of new people are being rejected, I have suggested something sometime back. Quite a few friends of mine whom I suggested team-bhp were rejected while registering. Surprisingly, most of them are auto enthusiasts. Can something be done like this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
How about giving priority to the new joiners who have a referral from existing senior / distinguished members later by members (*not newbies though). Of course the registration page should be changed a bit making the referral field un-editable (it was editable when i joined back in 2006).
Old 12th November 2010, 18:47   #3337
Team-BHP Support

Hey folks..

I'm getting my T-BHP stickets soon; been wondering where to paste them. If I were to paste it on the hatch or the bumper, is there any chance the paint would be affected especially in case I removed them (hypothetical)?

The cars I would paste 'em have silver/white metallic colours with body coloured bumpers.
Old 13th November 2010, 11:55   #3338
BHPian

Am getting the following error when trying to open the scale model thread:

Fatal error
: Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded in /home/teambhp/public_html/forum/includes/class_postbit.php(296) : eval()'d code on line 23

But everything else on BHP is working just fine.
Old 13th November 2010, 12:27   #3339
BHPian

@libranof1987 you're in the wrong forum buddy please post in the t-bhp stickers forum its on the home page under hot threads.

1)I'm back with the same old problem. I cannot upload pics from mobile. Maybe its just me my browsers and my phones. But I have to switch to another skin->go advanced->manage attachments->upload and it STILL doesn't do it.
2) Some pics are hyperlinked so it is possible to view them. In other places it says 'attached:' but there is no link and it happens to me especially in the stickers thread.
3)Its not too relevant but Signature is not quoted from t-bhp mobile. That's odd it should get quoted irrespective of if I am in mobile skin or not if I have opted for it.

Now this is a request. Is it possible to get an app for t-bhp for phones. It would make life MUCH easier for people like me!
Old 13th November 2010, 23:54   #3340
BHPian

Team-BHP T-shirts, caps etc.
Old 15th November 2010, 19:26   #3341
Team-BHP Support

MODS : Can we have a separate section for short queries; questions or doubts that need a one-line answer and do not warrant a discussion.

Eg. I just want to know if Corsa has ABS; or where I could buy a single mud-flap rather than the set.

Something like just a Q&A thread; rather than discussion.
Old 16th November 2010, 08:28   #3342
Senior - BHPian

Mods:

Is there a way to find out the threads created by me when I go into User CP. All I can see is the list of threads I have subscribed to. Can there be a new option provided to see the threads initiated by self.

if this is already there pls clarify.
Old 16th November 2010, 08:59   #3343
BHPian

@ghodlur: There is a way to find this via the Search for sure, maybe not via the User CP.

Search->Advanced Search->Search by User Name (Enter the user name) and use one of the two options in the combo box -> Find Threads Started by User

ghodlur has 36, jeevmenon has 17.
Old 16th November 2010, 10:00   #3344
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Mods:

Is there a way to find out the threads created by me when I go into User CP. All I can see is the list of threads I have subscribed to. Can there be a new option provided to see the threads initiated by self.

if this is already there pls clarify.
Go to your public profile. There are two links. One is for threads started by you and one is for all posts by you.
Old 16th November 2010, 10:54   #3345
Senior - BHPian

Mods:

How about sending mass PM to the users when you post a new car reviews in Sub-forum: Official new Car Reviews?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks