Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2011, 20:16   #3481
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

We have an option to edit our posts for a period of 20 min or so after posting it. I suggest we should also have an option to delete a post for the same period. Very often we come across identical posts popping up one after the other. I guess this happens because people are replying to the posts more or less at the same time. So, if we have a delete post option then we can do away with the repeating post.
Old 6th March 2011, 00:18   #3482
Distinguished - BHPian

The mods will always oblige if you edit your post to say "duplicate" or "xyz beat me to it, please delete" --- and then click on the button
Old 6th March 2011, 10:07   #3483
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Is Team-BHP and XBHP related to each other in anyway?
I believe NO and really that they aren't.

I believe someone needs a few answers.
xBhp.com : The Global Indian Biking Community - View Single Post - How has xBhp helped you?

@TEG- There is bliss in going through printed literature in your balcony over a steaming cup of coffee. I prefer the printed versions over on-line ones. Though have become a sucker for "Official" Reviews. Each review takes the bar a couple of notches higher.
I didn't need to start a 'What-Car' thread as my answers were covered in the review. Though had sent GTO a PM, but knew why he didn't reply. If you have a query, put over at the forum as others too can benefit.
Old 8th March 2011, 15:42   #3484
BHPian

Well, How about allowing 1 image in signature? I know it costs for bandwidth but it can be saved using some cache plugins?

and yes, be sure to limit signature image size.

Thanks
Old 8th March 2011, 23:31   #3485
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry, muditgrover, to react strongly to your suggestion, but forums with images in signatures are just downright ugly. We have the option of an avatar image, and I believe that this should be enough
Old 9th March 2011, 15:50   #3486
Team-BHP Support

To take the "New Topics" tab slightly further, can the "New Topics" page shows new topics from all the Forum Categories like Indian Car Scene, Technical etc.

As in, now the list is populated from all the categories and it is arranged as per the time of the most recent post.

How about having say minimum 2 most recently commented posts from all the Categories?

Technical Stuff and Indian Car Scene are among the most discussed so take up the whole page; leaves the others behind.
Old 9th March 2011, 22:01   #3487
BHPian

Why do we have the

Official - Cool, funny, amazing and weird audio and videos thread

as an Orphaned thread; I have seen it like that since a long time now. The reason is when i want to see the last update,I (we) normally tend to click on Last page and then move backwards, but since this thread is floating around no such info is available.
Old 11th March 2011, 14:14   #3488
BHPian

This is mainly for the people accessing the site through mobile phones. With the advent of smartphones and faster mobile connections, I guess it's time the Bhp mobile theme had a re-look.

The multi-quote option is not there in this theme. I strongly feel this feature has to be enabled. One can always switch to the other themes for multi-quote but the other themes are not very mobile friendly and takes more time to load especially if there are pictures in the thread.

Also when you edit the post, there is no option to type in the reason, as that found in the other themes.

Please look into this.

Last edited by ajman28 : 11th March 2011 at 14:16.
Old 12th March 2011, 08:34   #3489
BHPian

Going further to the previous post, can we have the similar threads function also available for the mobile skin. It is just 4 more links at the bottom of the page, so I don't think it would clutter the page too much.
Old 12th March 2011, 10:56   #3490
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if its a right place to post.
i have noticed a tiny bug.
Whenever Map my india AD is present below the Forum links.
it overlaps the Search box,when i click on search.
it doesnot happen on any other AD.
Has any one else noticed this,or is it just me?
Old 12th March 2011, 11:15   #3491
BHPian

I have a doubt. What is the difference between 'New Posts' and 'Today's Posts' ?

Official New CarTeam-BHP review is missing for the i20 and i10
Old 12th March 2011, 12:11   #3492
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motortechie View Post
I have a doubt. What is the difference between 'New Posts' and 'Today's Posts' ?

When you are logged in as a member, you see new posts.

If you are not logged in and are browsing as a guest, you see today's post.
Old 12th March 2011, 12:24   #3493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I believe NO and really that they aren't.

I believe someone needs a few answers.
xBhp.com : The Global Indian Biking Community - View Single Post - How has xBhp helped you?
This is off topic. But had to post it after reading the above. I had heard that xBHP was started by ex Team BHPians more interested in bikes. But i guess the above post mentions the contrary. So not really sure. Anyway does not matter really.
Old 13th March 2011, 19:52   #3494
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajman28 View Post
This is mainly for the people accessing the site through mobile phones. With the advent of smartphones and faster mobile connections, I guess it's time the Bhp mobile theme had a re-look.
Done. Just wait for a handful of weeks. This should be implemented (and some more) by April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolin View Post
Going further to the previous post, can we have the similar threads function also available for the mobile skin.
The mobile skin is supposed to be a very basic, light skin that allows you to access information on the go, without any bells & whistles. Thus, no, we don't plan to launch the "similar threads" functionality on m.team-bhp.com and make it fatter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Whenever Map my india AD is present below the Forum links.
This is probably browser / computer specific to you. I don't face the same problem on my laptop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motortechie View Post
New posts is a listing of all updated threads since your last login. Could be 3 hours back, or 30 days!

Today's posts will list the updated threads of the last 24 hours, independent of your last login. Please do also check out our "new topics" feature on the navbar; it's very useful.

Quote:
Please give me 24 hours. I assure you this will be resolved! We have a Hyundai review scheduled for release tomorrow.

Quote:
Is Team-BHP and XBHP related to each other in anyway?
Nope. The only two things we have in common are:

- We're India-centric forums

- We love Indian wheels (though, a difference of 2 in our core focus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
I had heard that xBHP was started by ex Team BHPians more interested in bikes.
XBHP was started over a year before Team-BHP. Hence, the rumour is just that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Though had sent GTO a PM, but knew why he didn't reply. If you have a query, put over at the forum as others too can benefit.
Took the words right out of my mouth, Sheel! I don't reply to PMs on automotive queries as, I'd much rather the query (and importantly, the answer) be posted on the forum. That way, other members & guests benefit from the answer as well. Remember, this community is all about sharing information, and not a 1-on-1 interaction.

Sorry for not replying, but thank you for understanding exactly the reason why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Another suggestion: Is there a way the default view for any thread can be set to the last unread post?
Due to variances in the fixed & actual cookie timeout, there will always be a difference in the actual last read post and what the system thinks it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
but then, why don't we have a database of spare parts price list?.
Will surely consider, but the forum format isn't necessarily the best to accomplish this objective. Also, remember that the car with the cheapest spares isn't necessarily the cheapest to own in the long run (my Indigo is a prime example of the contradiction).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
Can we have a Team BHP sticker for bikes, I got all the stickers however instead of the transparent pairs "www.Team-BHP.com" all others are for 4 wheelers.
Sorry, no plans to have different sets for cars & bikes at this time. You can use either the smaller number plate stickers, the transparent ones on the front fork (as many have done) or crop the larger stickers to the required size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KumaravelS View Post
When a new model comes up and is reviewed, please retain the old model's review too. For e.g. Old Corolla review in addition to Corolla Altis.
Reviews are never deleted from the forum; from the web portal however, we prefer to retain only those for the currently sold model. If you're looking for data on discontinued models, search our forum! We've covered it all (including the Herald from 4 decades back!!!).

Quote:
Why there is no official team-bhp review of ANHC ?
Because we kickstarted our official Team-BHP reviews much after the ANHC was launched. Our first was the Maruti Ritz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Noticed something strange today. A new thread FIP Flop http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-te...-fip-flop.html was created by a moderator from Samurai's thread (CJ340 joins T-BHP family). Although a new thread was formed, the immediately following replies were still carrying name from the earlier thread, see this:
The way our system is configured, the thread title is automatically retained as the post title (Unless the posting member changes it to something of his preference). That's why you see things that way (old thread title showing up in the post title). I could change all of them manually, but it's too much of a unnecessary effort considering:

- Less than 1% of all threads are moved. Thus, hardly any are affected.

- The newer replies on these moved threads will have accurate titles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
When one uploads multiple pictures, could there be a provision of inserting captions for each of the pic just before the pic?
There already is a way. Please use the "inline attachments" feature. Refer to this pictoral guideline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
Did Team-BHP just switch to a new font? Something feels different
Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by muditgrover View Post
I have a small request, a new forum category should be created named: Show My Ride or something.
The ownership review section, as well as the BHP Garage, accomplish exactly that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Just a suggestion, if it could it be made mandatory to have the water mark of 'teambhp' on pictures posted here.
Will be done. Currently, the watermark is applied to all pictures <800 pixels, and in case the image is larger than that, the full size attachment (which opens in a new window). We'll figure out a way to add the watermark to thumbnails as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
How about having say minimum 2 most recently commented posts from all the Categories?
Sorry, no plans or chance of this happening.
Old 13th March 2011, 22:02   #3495
BHPian

My query below is still unanswered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
When I select posts for multi-quote, they are kept selected forever even after I am done quoting. This creates problem when I have to again multi-quote in the same thread. It shows all previous posts that were selected. So I have to go through entire thread and deselect those posts. The multi-quote button should get reset once the posts have been quoted.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks