Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2011, 13:55   #3571
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

In classifieds, how do we search for a particular accessory? For example I want to search for "OBD Scanners".

Is there a text search feature where I could search for all listings with "OBD" in Title/Contents?
Old 11th April 2011, 14:16   #3572
Senior - BHPian

At another forum (vBulletin 3.8.1) where I am a member, the user control panel page shows only threads where someone else has posted after me.

However over here at TBHP, I can also see threads where I have posted last.

I believe the User CP page should only contain threads where someone else has posted after me.
Old 11th April 2011, 17:17   #3573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
At another forum (vBulletin 3.8.1) where I am a member, the user control panel page shows only threads where someone else has posted after me.

However over here at TBHP, I can also see threads where I have posted last.

I believe the User CP page should only contain threads where someone else has posted after me.
The threads in which someone has posted after you will be in bold whereas the ones where you have replied last won't be.

EDIT: Wanted to ask, has the 'view single post' feature been discontinued?

Last edited by prateekm : 11th April 2011 at 17:41.
Old 11th April 2011, 17:38   #3574
Senior - BHPian

Normally I wouldn't want to see threads where I have replied last to appear in the User CP. There's no point in showing those threads.
Old 11th April 2011, 17:39   #3575
Senior - BHPian

Are you visiting the forum from multiple computers? Because of the way forum is configured, it would detect threads as "visited" based on user session.
Old 11th April 2011, 18:16   #3576
Senior - BHPian

Nope, I am visiting it from just one machine. Though I do visit several times a day

And if it were about the user sessions, this behaviour never occurs on the other forum I talked of.
Old 11th April 2011, 19:33   #3577
BHPian

This is a vbulletin plugin which is very necessary for this forum.

Download this plugin for free and add it in sec from [AJAX] Post Thank You Hack - vBulletin.org Forum.

If you need any help in adding, let me know

One of the biggest problems on forums as you may know is 'posts boosting'. There are users who LOVE to say 'thanks' when ever they can. How can it hurt? Their post count goes up, they have nothing to loose.

There are also users who really like to express their thanks to post but don't like posting a post that looks like they're post boosting.

Then comes the moderators who have to delete people's thanks yous so a thread can look readable with out the thanks yous thrown around.

Finally comes the posters of these useful posts. They have no idea how many people really likes their posts if only some people say 'thanks'.

What this hack does is fix ALL these problems - except those users who like post boosting. This places a button called 'thanks.' When a user clicks on it, it places his username in a box right under the post saying that so-and-so says 'thanks' for the post. Every-one who clicks is placed in one box.
Old 13th April 2011, 11:10   #3578
Senior - BHPian

^
This has been discussed extensively in the previous few pages. I think the jury is still out on this one.

Last edited by EssYouWe : 13th April 2011 at 11:19.
Old 13th April 2011, 19:12   #3579
Senior - BHPian

Please put all the technical specification and features threads in a separate sub-forum in technical forum so that these threads are easily accessible. It will be difficult for new user/guest to find such threads.
Old 15th April 2011, 14:49   #3580
BHPian

Is this a bug? Youtube video below the user avatar in stead of actual post area. This is in DSLR thread -

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-dslr-thread-page-473-teambhp_1302859038186.png
Old 15th April 2011, 15:22   #3581
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ No it was not a bug. The Video was posted with image tags so it was misaligned, i have already fixed it.
Old 16th April 2011, 10:43   #3582
Team-BHP Support

I'm writing this suggestion on behalf of a few members (@Chaand and Xehaust) who put forth this idea in another thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ic-spot-9.html

We have a thread called 'Which is your worst traffic spot' in the Street & Travel Experiences section of the forum. From the title of the thread, one can understand that members post their worst traffic experiences in cities across the Country.

The moderators could improve on this by creating a separate section in the forum dedicated to traffic woes, jams, bottlenecks and alternative roads as per each city. For eg. a thread titled: "Bangalore's traffic woes and alternative routes" could be started. The section may contain all the relevant threads regarding traffic and the like (for eg. My rant on Bangalore Traffic..)

Members who frequently commute within the city could perhaps share their views, regularly update traffic conditions and changes in roads (one-ways..), suggest alternative routes, etc. This would help those who frequently commute within the city.

This would be akin to the live traffic reports that we hear on radio-stations quite frequently. But unlike that, it would be done by the members, for the members and of the members
Old 16th April 2011, 10:55   #3583
Distinguished - BHPian

Not sure if its already there, but is there a feature where we can add buddies, and we are automatically subscribed to threads created by them?. So that we wont miss them.

I think, now, we can add buddies, but we are not automatically subscribed to their threads.
Old 16th April 2011, 14:11   #3584
Senior - BHPian

I was thinking the same as @suhaas307 will be a great idea. Much like live traffic updates.
Old 18th April 2011, 18:32   #3585
Senior - BHPian

How about having an Idiot's guide to Automatics? With the number of auto tranny user on the rise everyday, I am sure it would be a big boon, especially to those who are first time drivers. It would be great if the Mods could come up with a detailed write up on the above topic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks