Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2011, 17:40   #3751
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Secondly, any chance you'd wanna consider adding more cars to the Car image ticker on the right hand corner. (I guess most of the cars belong to the Mods). The variety of cars is limited so probably you could add thumbnails of recent models.
+1

this was also in my mind but resisted to share. The cars should change regularly and with different models like SX4, Linea, ANHC etc.

EDIT - Mods may use photos of members rides from AUTO IMAGE thread or they may ask us to mail them.

Last edited by bluevolt : 16th May 2011 at 17:46.
Old 17th May 2011, 16:18   #3752
Team-BHP Support

I hope this is not very tedious to implement.

When a newbie quotes someone, the quotee (wonder if this word exists!) gets a PM instantly; while the post is displayed only after the MODS approve it. Is it possible the system could be tweaked so that PMs are sent after the MODS approve the post.

I got a PM about being quoted and was searching all my subscriptions; and then I realized the quoter (again!) is a newbie.
Old 17th May 2011, 18:32   #3753
Team-BHP Support

Just realized - is the "PM-when-quoted" feature off for the categories for which posts are not counted (eg. Collection of best threads, Shifting Gears etc)?
Old 17th May 2011, 20:32   #3754
BHPian

We really need a list of reputable mechanics, listed citywise perhaps?

Not only will it be useful for people from that city to find good mechanics, but also people visiting/passing through.

What say?
Old 17th May 2011, 20:35   #3755

One of the other forums where I am active is a travel-related forum called Trip Advisor. One excellent feature thay have is a single click to see a list of all your own posts. Each item in the list is hyper-linked directly to the actual post.

This makes it very easy to locate any of your own posts, especially on the threads that have a large number of pages.

Can we have such a feature here too? Or is there a way to do this already which I am missing?
Old 17th May 2011, 21:28   #3756
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykayess View Post
...Or is there a way to do this already which I am missing?
This feature is already present here, for your kind information.

All you need to do is :

1) Click your 'handle-name'.
2) Select 'Find all posts made by 'your handle-name', from the drop down menu that appears.
3) Done.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-fullscreen-capture-5172011-91713-pm.jpg

Alternate method :

1) Click the 'Quick Links'.
2) Select 'my profile' link, from the list of options that appears.
3) Scroll down and you'll see 'Find all posts made by 'your handle-name', click it
4) Done.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-fullscreen-capture-5172011-92541-pm.jpg

Last edited by Klub Class : 17th May 2011 at 21:31.
Old 17th May 2011, 23:27   #3757
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSandman View Post
We really need a list of reputable mechanics, listed citywise perhaps?

Not only will it be useful for people from that city to find good mechanics, but also people visiting/passing through.

What say?
TADAA : Team-BHP Directory - Team-BHP
Old 18th May 2011, 00:12   #3758
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
There aren't any mechanics listed there, RTO agents, audio shops, detailing guys, radiator manufacturers; but nothing dedicated to Good authorised service centres or private individual mechanics in the Bombay suburbs
Old 18th May 2011, 20:27   #3759
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
- I noticed that there were 20+ views even as the post was being composed. Mods have access to the WIP posts, probably. Can a feature be enabled to "share" the assembly line with a limited number of named users? I would love to get opinions of a few friends on the forums fr example, before unleashing the final product on aam junta! Also, this would help greatly in collaborative posts.
Hi, I would suggest that you put a post in the thread too, to publish the thread in public domain. This is along with the Reported post for a quicker action. We can always delete the post containing request for publishing.

While we do try to act as soon as possible it takes time due to various reasons.

Last edited by Technocrat : 18th May 2011 at 20:30.
Technocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2011, 21:45   #3760

Klub Class, thanks a ton! That solves my problem!
jaykayess is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2011, 22:00   #3761
Team-BHP Support

Would it be possible to slightly stretch the total number of characters allowed in the signature? The present length limit seems to be too short and I cannot accomodate/list all my vehicles, I know it is a very trivial and specific issue to MY case but there might be others who face the same problem.
Old 20th May 2011, 03:38   #3762
Senior - BHPian

Sometimes I wish there was an option to 'Favourite' a post in a thread. Many times in a whole thread there is a certain post that contains information that I'd like to save, a 'Favourite' option would be ideal!

A way of making folders to sort out these Favourited posts, as well as being able to search through these posts, in each individual user's control panel would further enhance the experience.

As an example, in the 'Guide to Eating Out' threads, a certain post might recommend a great place I want to try out! I simply favourite the post and choose for it be favourited under a custom food folder! Later on, it'll be easier for me to find that info when I need it!

I really think this would be a great addition!
anekho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2011, 08:36   #3763
Senior - BHPian

A workaround would be to "Thanks" that post. In your profile, all posts that you thanked are shown at one place.
Old 20th May 2011, 13:48   #3764
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Sometimes I wish there was an option to 'Favourite' a post in a thread. Many times in a whole thread there is a certain post that contains information that I'd like to save, a 'Favourite' option would be ideal!
Never thought of that, but I have thought of a [another] solution!

The post number is a link to that individual post. You could bookmark it, keeping a specific "Team-BHP Favourite Posts" bookmark folder in your browser
Old 20th May 2011, 14:49   #3765
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
A workaround would be to "Thanks" that post. In your profile, all posts that you thanked are shown at one place.
Yes, I guess this could work.

But, I mean if next to the thanks button there was a favourite button, and when you press it you get a small window that lets you choose under which category you'd like to save it under it'd be awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Never thought of that, but I have thought of a [another] solution!

The post number is a link to that individual post. You could bookmark it, keeping a specific "Team-BHP Favourite Posts" bookmark folder in your browser
Yep! This is what I've been doing but thought it'd be neat to keep all T-BHP related material on my account on the site itself
anekho is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed