Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2011, 17:39   #3901
Team-BHP Support

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

This one's for the MOD team -

Long time back, I thought of creating a thread wherein one could post their moments of stupidity while driving. I'd searched around but couldn't find something similar. GTO then merged my thread with an existing one "Driving typos", a thread which had been inactive since a couple of years.

A couple of days ago, a member created a thread about 25p coins going out of use. I now find that post under the "Remember the time when" thread, a thread last updated in early 2010.

Man, I really admire and appreciate your efforts in 1) remembering all the content here and how it is stored, and 2) ensuring the forum is as less-cluttered and as organized as possible.

Awesome job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
I was wondering if we could have a drag and drop facility for attaching pics to our threads?
I'd suggested a facebook-type upload too; GTO says the upload process ain't changing!

Last edited by libranof1987 : 5th July 2011 at 17:49.
libranof1987 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2011, 17:54   #3902
Distinguished - BHPian

Is there a possibilty of editing the title of the thread created by the respective owners, since over time they could be a change (could be minor but making it more meaningful!) in the title and the existing thread could continue with the modified title.
This could also avoid creation of new threads!!

Cheers!

Last edited by volkman10 : 5th July 2011 at 17:58.
Old 5th July 2011, 17:58   #3903
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Is there a possibilty of editing the title of the thread created by the respective owners, since over time they could be a change (could be minor but making it more meaningful!) in the title and the existing thread could continue with the modified title!

Cheers!
Please Report Post with new title and a Moderator will do it for you.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2011, 00:45   #3904
BHPian

Diistinguish between 'and' and '&'!

I have a suggestion.A very important one IMHO.
At moment the forum setup is not distinguishing between 'and' and the '&' (ampersand) sign. I'm a victim of this issue because there's already an id called 'fastandfurious'. Mine is 'fast&furious' but the software takes me to 'fastandfurious''s profile. It can be solved by replacing the 'and' in the URL with 'amp' but the problem is that the other guy's profile is still my default profile. I think adding a few lines to the code will solve this issue.
Best wishes
Old 6th July 2011, 09:55   #3905
Senior - BHPian

Combine Body Type search with Location (Zip) Based search
I don't know if someone has already commented on this, but when using the new Classifieds, I have trouble combining the body type and location in a single search. For e.g. if I use the Body Type search, I can list all the hatchbacks. If I use location based search by entering my zip code, I can find vehicles in my vicinity. However I am unable to find only hatchbacks in a 50-km radius of my zipcode. Is there a way to do this?

Filter out specific member's posts in a thread
Second: When viewing a thread, there should be a facility to view all posts by a particular member in that thread. For e.g. I am viewing an ownership review thread by X. When reading one of the posts, I click on the screen handle of X which opens a popup menu. Add one more option to this menu which says "Find all posts of this user in this thread". Clicking this option will only show me posts made by X in the thread, which will give a better reading experience. In a long thread such as Automotive Lighting, it will also help me know what the user has posted in his previous posts so I can draw a summary of his thoughts.
Old 7th July 2011, 13:57   #3906
Senior - BHPian

This is not a suggestion but a clarification required on the "assembly line" section. Since the assembly line announcement thread is locked I thought of asking it here.

If I need to post a travelogue with the travel done over a month, will it be against the forum rules to post it in the travelogues section post by post ( like we have been doing before the assembly line was introduced)

Or

Would the moderators want us to do the write up in say 20 posts in the assembly line section and then request it to go online?

Why I am asking is that if all the 20 posts travelogue with all the details and pictures goes online at once, wont it be difficult for the readers to read it at one go? Also specific enquiries/ questions regarding one part of the travel may also get difficult.

Kindly advise on the same.

Regards

Last edited by deky : 7th July 2011 at 13:59.
Old 7th July 2011, 17:11   #3907
Senior - BHPian

@MODS

This request is more inclined towards the design of the portal.

In the 1st pic, the font and the selected text do gel accordingly.

However, in the 2nd pic, (while getting back to Forum from a members gallery), the font does not match to that of the forum.
To maintain the uniformity, it would be better if both are the same.

Sorry to nitpick. Blame the slight OCD that I suffer from .
Attached Thumbnails
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-forum.jpg  

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-gallery.jpg  

Old 8th July 2011, 09:38   #3908
BHPian

Similar to thank you button, I would like I agree button

Many people ask for opinion and when I see someone suggests something, I would like to also suggest the same quickly. Per se I don't have any further value addition other than agreeing to the suggestion. I would like to have a I agree or similar button..
Old 8th July 2011, 10:40   #3909
Team-BHP Support

Re: Similar to thank you button, I would like I agree button

Quote:
Originally Posted by KumaravelS View Post
Many people ask for opinion and when I see someone suggests something, I would like to also suggest the same quickly. Per se I don't have any further value addition other than agreeing to the suggestion. I would like to have a I agree or similar button..
The "Thanks" button is multi-purpose

Like-Thanks-Agree-Wow-Nice : All bundled into one. Sasta. Sundar. Tikau.
libranof1987 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th July 2011, 14:01   #3910
Distinguished - BHPian

For a few days, I'm facing this issue, that my subscribed threads are not getting marked read. I believe its a browser/cookie issue, but how do I solve it?. I miss some useful new posts in many threads.
Old 8th July 2011, 14:17   #3911
Distinguished - BHPian

Currently the stickers being ordered come in a set of 13. Seems too many and as such are donated to friends,etc.
Can we have fewer stickers or have quantities of LTD or LCLC, IDS in more than one to adjust to the price as I see these are more visible and in demand.

Cheers!
Old 8th July 2011, 14:51   #3912
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
When I reply to a particular thread, at times I can view the attachments (images) posted earlier but most times, "Attachement 12345 (attachment no.)" shows up.
Images that are attached directly to Team-BHP servers and displayed using the [ATTACH] tag will show up like Attachment 23423234 in quoted posts.

Images that are attached using the [IMG] tag will be shown in quotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
The threads which are created in assembly line and then approved after some days say 1 week don't show up in the new topics list...
Interesting (and correct) observation.
At the moment, we allow one bump of a thread moved from the Assembly line, but like you know, that will only display it in the New Posts list, and not the New Topics(threads) list.

We'll look into this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
I was wondering if we could have a drag and drop facility for attaching pics to our threads?
Unfortunately we are limited by vBulletin here. This includes the ability to have real batch upload.

Quote:
Is there a possibilty of editing the title of the thread created by the respective owners
Many members do this often for their ownership threads, using the reported post button as others have mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast&furious View Post
...At moment the forum setup is not distinguishing between 'and' and the '&' (ampersand) sign...
Noted for when this change is made to viewing member profiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Combine Body Type search with Location (Zip) Based search
Was wondering when someone was going to request this
Should be added in the next round of revisions on the Classifieds (advanced search).

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
If I need to post a travelogue with the travel done over a month, will it be against the forum rules to post it in the travelogues section post by post
Deky,

As long as your (great) travelogues have enough content, context and pictures in each installment, it should be fine to post them as they happen. Though please ensure the above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
However, in the 2nd pic, (while getting back to Forum from a members gallery), the font does not match to that of the forum.
If you suffer from OCD, i suggest you stop using Internet Explorer
(I think this particular issue might be due to your browser - however, we'll be re-working this soon).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
For a few days, I'm facing this issue, that my subscribed threads are not getting marked read.
Hmm. Not sure of the reason. Try :
- Clearing cookies
- Logging out and in again

Quote:
Seems too many and as such are donated to friends,etc.
^ Thats not a bad thing

From a logistical point of view, this is the simplest way to get Team-BHPians the stickers they wanted - hence chosen for now.

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2011, 14:57   #3913
Senior - BHPian

^^Rehaan, in office there is no option apart from IE :(
However, the issue has been faced on Mozilla/Chrome also. Do not know if that is only with me though.
Old 8th July 2011, 16:23   #3914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
^^Rehaan, in office there is no option apart from IE :(
However, the issue has been faced on Mozilla/Chrome also. Do not know if that is only with me though.
I am using IE (admittedly an older version. I dont work in Hinjewadi Swanand ) and dont have the problem you stated.
Do any of you think it can be attributed to cookies?

I dont get the problem when I log in from home using Chrome/ Firefox

Another query: Do we expect to add the multiquote and thanks options to the iPhone app?
Old 8th July 2011, 16:28   #3915
Team-BHP Support

@selfdrive - Multi-quote already exists in the iphone app! "Select" the posts, and then quote the last one.

"Thanks" feature is something that has been requested quite a few times, and we will consider it!

Cheers,
R
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed