Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2006, 01:18   #391
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1 View Post
.......some observations
- team bhp meets dominate the discussion - parties & reports
- off topic discussions -...............
just being pessimistic -isnt this supposed to be a serious automobile discussion forum ??? or is the site metamorphing into a organised youth blog where we also talk cars...
Paharino1,
We now have a new feature where you can filter what section threads show up in your "new posts". You can alter it to your tastes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRK View Post
Mods I am unable to find the Colour scheme tab...It usually used to be at the bottom left corner..But now I cant find it...
We decided to bring TBHP back from the upgrade as fast as possible, which meant temporarily having only one skin, all the original skins / schemes will be back shortly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelntoe View Post
i've noticed that the who's online section used to list names in alphabetical order with mine in the begenning, now it just lists in random. is there a setting in user cp that i need to change?
As condor mentioned, this was done at the same time the members list was taken off (but its now back!). I cannot give you a definite answer as to whether we will choose to relist it alphabetically, but one solution is to use the "Find" function of your browser to quickly locate a member on the online list.

Quote:
Similar Threads - What happened to this ?? This is a very useful feature !! Please try to bring it back
Nikhil, similar threads was not being used a lot by the majority of the user base, so we decided to re-allocate the resources of our server to other more used/useful functions. But ofcourse, if a majority of the members do express a need for it back, we shall see what we can do, but at the moment this is how it is.

cya
R
Old 27th November 2006, 08:27   #392
Senior - BHPian

Is there any way to search only for posts with images?

Last edited by khanak : 27th November 2006 at 08:28.
Old 27th November 2006, 12:52   #393
Senior - BHPian

another suggestion....can you add an "add reputation" button so that members can add reputation points to a members profile and thus newer members can judge for themselves wheter or not they want to accept the advice. also rep points can be used to determine wheter or not a bhpian should be made a distinguished bhpian.

a similar system exists at Notebook and Laptop Reviews
Old 27th November 2006, 17:19   #394
BHPian

Barter Link?

Could we think of a Barter Link, probably in the marketplace or elsewhere easily accessible... cos I know for sure there might be many people who might not want to hawk of their used items (botheration of haggling etc) and might rather have them exchanged for something that might be useful to them for eg. if I have a set of alloy wheels removed out of a car I have sold I might probably exchange that for an amp or a HU which someone has lying idle...

Just a thought... but guess it would definitely help and haan of course it could be kept automobile related and no pressure cookers, mixer grinders etc.....
Old 28th November 2006, 08:08   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Hi Pahari

Yes, we are aware that there are a good number of off-topic discussions but it would be a little extreme to say that we "also" talk cars. You really cant argue with statistics and the "Shifting Gears" section accounts for about 15% of the total postings.

Do realise that this is a community for automobiles. And that is the core. However and naturally, the discussion will extend beyond cars. And that is a good thing.
thanks guys...i also read the post from rehaan that i can customise what I want to search for in my "New Post" - that feature should work perfectly for me
Old 6th December 2006, 11:14   #396
BANNED

I feel the 'Who's Online' list be brought back to alphabetical order. That was way far convenient than the current format.

Mods, please look into it.
Old 6th December 2006, 11:24   #397
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Sure speedzak. But only at a later stage as the alphabetical list was an unnecessary resource hogger.
Old 6th December 2006, 11:28   #398
Senior - BHPian

Sometimes when I use "quote" the post option, instead of the usual [quote="name-of-the-poster"] format, I get [quote=name-of-the-poster3xxxxxx] (x = some digits). Anybody else facing something similar? Not that I mind, I usually correct it, but still..am I the only one facing it?
Old 6th December 2006, 16:27   #399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by name-of-the-poster3xxxxxx
(x = some digits). Anybody else facing something similar? Not that I mind, I usually correct it, but still..am I the only one facing it?
I think it shows which number post it is amongst the total posts made on the site being displayed. Even if you leave it as is it'll not show in your post. It goes away automatically.

Last edited by iraghava : 6th December 2006 at 16:42.
Old 6th December 2006, 17:17   #400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
I think it shows which number post it is amongst the total posts made on the site being displayed. Even if you leave it as is it'll not show in your post. It goes away automatically.
You are right.. it does go away, but it didnt a couple of times. There are still some member posts with the number intact.

Last edited by sajo : 6th December 2006 at 17:18.
Old 6th December 2006, 18:39   #401
BHPian

Like any new threads opened by Newbie requiring approval by Mods, can a Newbie post photo's approved by Mods ?. For example, I got a new Baleno and would like to post the same. The Mods can check and approve.
Old 6th December 2006, 21:57   #402
Senior - BHPian

Hi GTO, My humble suggestions :

* Keeping graphics and colours to minimum thus making this space more professional and appealing to mature audiences

* To have a separate section that portrays the technical specs of all cars and bikes (in a separate section) that have seen Indian Roads, including the ones that have been phased out so that it acts as a ready reckoner to anyone in case of comparisons
Old 6th December 2006, 23:48   #403
Senior - BHPian

GTO sir may i be bold enough to ask what resources an alphabetically sorted Who's Online list takes?
Old 7th December 2006, 19:18   #404
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Like any new threads opened by Newbie requiring approval by Mods, can a Newbie post photo's approved by Mods ?. For example, I got a new Baleno and would like to post the same. The Mods can check and approve.
Feel free to start a thread. But you will have to wait until you are a BHPian to use the BHP Garage.

@rrzen : Your first point is already noted and implemented. Your second point...well....just wait a little bit longer!

Quote:
GTO sir may i be bold enough to ask what resources an alphabetically sorted Who's Online list takes?
300 home page visits in a minute (during rush hour) results in a lot of server processing power (CPU and RAM) for something that is really not that much value adding.
Old 7th December 2006, 23:06   #405
BHPian

Hi GTO,

I think if possible there must be a seperate section like "Experiments" or something where member can put their results & share & discuss......experiments may be in any sections of car like engine...fuel...& up to tyres & so on......I dont know whether this was mentioned in this thread or not...

Also with new avatar I found this wonderful site some what faster....

Enjoy....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks