Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2011, 20:05   #4051
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

While the guests can surf the whole of the forum, they can't see the posts/threads started by a BHPian; as in, like we do-click on a BHPians profile and we get an option to view all the posts/thread started by the BHPian. Can't we enable these two features for the guests so that it would be easier for them? I say this because most of the time I surf from a public comp and I wont log in( for safety reasons,obviously). If I have to search a particular thread, I need to know the title/part of the title. Most of the times I happen to know the BHPian who started the thread but not the title itself. If I am logged in, I visit his profile and see the threads started by him but can't do if I am surfing as a guest.
sachinj12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2011, 20:25   #4052
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if this has already been covered someplace else, but happened to me twice already.

A Newbie usually when posts it goes through a review and then appears on the thread for the first 25 posts.

Now when i am on Team BHP and if a Newbie quotes me and posts, i get an instant alert that someone has quoted me and when i go to the thread to read the response there is none as the post is still under review by a moderator and sometime it takes 5-10 mins for the post to appear.

I guess a simple fix would be to have the alert sent once the post has been approved so as it does not look like a wrong alert.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2011, 08:07   #4053
Senior - BHPian

Some points to ponder

Certain suggestions that has come to my mind are jotted below. Requested that a serious thought process may be initiated by the TBhp think tank for possible implementation.

1 Release of a monthly e-booklet which would cover important happenings in the indian and international auto-scape, important threads and posts in the forum, vehicle sales figures, auto humour etc. This can be a harbinger of an auto mag to come out of TBhp stables at an appropriate time.

2 Release of a TBhp Member sticker in addition to the present lot of stickers. The 13 stickers, generally passes on to non members and could be a deterrent for the image of TBhp when gets passed on to unscrupulous elements unknowingly.

3 A co-branded credit card, .something like Indian oil Citibank, or Maruti Autocard.

4 A larger T Bhp Stores dealing inauto accessories, gadgets etc.

Like one of my friend used to say, change is a sign of growth and growth is a sign of life.

Last edited by rajeev k : 4th September 2011 at 08:16. Reason: correction
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2011, 13:30   #4054
BHPian

In the post creation / editing options, please provide an option for Strikethrough or Strikeout.

This is useful in updating lists or tasks that we have posted in TODOs.

I had done this a long time back in college when we needed to enable such functionality when I was the mod.

BB Code - StrikeThrough - vBulletin.org Forum
Old 13th September 2011, 11:26   #4055
BHPian

This is not a suggestion but seeking solution to a problem.

I have recently installed IE 9 on my laptop. Now, the fields like "New Reply" as well as Message Body in a PM are seen disabled. This means I cannot send a PM/Post. No such problem on other PC/cellphone though. Maybe there is some bug in IE 9 or some setting needs to be changed. Mods and nerds, guide me to the solution of the issue. I need to keep posting, as one t-bhp post a day keeps the blues away!

Last edited by RadiantKarma : 13th September 2011 at 11:44.
Old 13th September 2011, 13:20   #4056
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantKarma View Post
This is not a suggestion but seeking solution to a problem.

I have recently installed IE 9 on my laptop. Now, the fields like "New Reply" as well as Message Body in a PM are seen disabled. This means I cannot send a PM/Post. No such problem on other PC/cellphone though. Maybe there is some bug in IE 9 or some setting needs to be changed. Mods and nerds, guide me to the solution of the issue. I need to keep posting, as one t-bhp post a day keeps the blues away!
Well,i'm not a computer wizard but a lizard ,so my suggestion might not seem to be that technical.I'll suggest you start using Google Chrome.I've been using it since long and i must tell you,i've not faced any difficulties with it.Although there are a few sites that will not work with chrome like vodafone mumbai bill payment options and IDBI bank but TBHP is a breeze in it.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2011, 20:41   #4057
BHPian

The Thanks feature is a great way to show appreciation foe a useful post. Should we be using this feature to thank someone who thanked us for the useful post? I think this sort of daisy chaining thank you is not necessary. An advisory in this regard may help.
rajcs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2011, 21:40   #4058
BHPian

I am facing a strange problem from evening. Am unable to view the las page in the Vento test drive thread. Can view till 193 pages but not the 194th page. Am able to post the comment though. This is happening n iPad, android, windows, mac machines tested over chrome and IE browsers. As guest user and also as registered user. Able to view the preview of last comment in the mobile apps though. I get a 500 connection timeout error.

Am not sure if this is the right thread to post it. Please move if found inappropriate.
prabhuferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2011, 21:47   #4059
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Can view till 193 pages but not the 194th page. Am able to post the comment though.
I was facing the exact same problem in the Joke thread. However, cleared the cookies and cache, and it was OK. Also, this problem was present only in FF. In chrome, it was OK.

Please try the above, it should be OK.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2011, 21:47   #4060
Distinguished - BHPian

I just came to this thread to report that exact same bug. I am able to go to every thread (well, at least all the ones I clicked on) except the last unread/ last page of the Vento test drive thread. I can however go to the first page of the same thread.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2011, 22:49   #4061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Well,i'm not a computer wizard but a lizard ,so my suggestion might not seem to be that technical.I'll suggest you start using Google Chrome.I've been using it since long and i must tell you,i've not faced any difficulties with it.Although there are a few sites that will not work with chrome like vodafone mumbai bill payment options and IDBI bank but TBHP is a breeze in it.
Hey BoneCollector. Well, that's quite a handle you've taken!

Anyways, I've just installed Google Chrome. And here I am! It sure is a breeze as you said. I was apprehensive about installing this browser to avoid loading my system, much of which is gobbled up by the voracious OS Windows Vista Professional. But apparently, Chrome does not appear to consume lots of resources either. Thanks mate!
RadiantKarma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2011, 23:07   #4062
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Can somebody post the link to the official review of the Polo 1.6? I tried to search here, but no luck though!

Cheers!
The Polo 1.6 has been so well-covered in the ownership reviews that an official review will add little value. For instance, take a look at this awesome, recent thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesilentone View Post
There is a mobile phone website gsmarena.com which has a "phone finder" option wherein we can select the mobile phone of our choice by ticking our various preferences in the options.
Done. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
It may be more appropriate for mods to approve new threads, unless the members are above a certain level [/b](senoir/1000 posts?).
Of every 25 threads created, only 2 - 3 are deleted. As of now, we don't need to change any systems for a problem that isn't severe enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
It would be great if we have reviews of all automatic cars under 10 lacs in the 'Official car reviews' section. It ll help all the prospective buyers to make a more informed decision.
We try to review each & every new car launch, whether automatic or not. As for other AT cars (say, an older model), good chance it is already covered on Team-BHP. Actually, what car isn't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Can we have a lightbox view (instead of opening the images on a blank page) for images in single post? That would make navigating through the images very smooth.
Can look up on vbulletin, but no promises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recompose View Post
I can live with it, but wouldn't want to.
Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkolors View Post
Again, this may have been requested earlier from few of the members, but, we're desperately waiting for the new Swift official review. Can the mods please throw some light on where we are with it?
You'll see it soon. We have already scheduled to review a BHPian's car (and one who is nice enough to lend us his week old ride ). Please be a li'l patient; believe me, we are as keen to review this game-changing hatchback as you are to read our review. It's late, but I can assure that it will be the most unbiased, most comprehensive Swift review available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Is there some logistic issue with respect to the reviews.
There have been 4 new launches in Indian market (Swift, Jetta, Sunny and now Force SUV) but no reviews yet.
Swift answered above. In the last 2 weeks, we've released reviews on the:

Honda Brio
VW Jetta
Toyota Etios D
Toyota Liva D
BMW 530D
Tata Vista

All the cars that you have listed in your post will have reviews coming up soon. Please be patient, quality takes time

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
Can we have a share this thread with my friend (member on TBHP)
You can either PM it to him, or use the "Email this page" tool (seen under the "Thread Tools" menu above the 1st post).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
btw, a request to the mods, is to keep the ads a bare minimum.. Just like now.
Done. Members will see only 1 ad per page. That's how it's been since ages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statement View Post
Is it not possible that when a Mod views a post that adds a little more value to a thread than the others, it be tagged?
Can't say this hasn't been thought of before. However, why should only Mods tag a post? Rather, we can let the entire community take a decision on useful / useless posts. The ones that are marked as helpful move up in the thread.

Will certainly look something up with the software pros. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukeblitz View Post
How about a team-bhp IRC channel?
We prefer all automotive discussions to be conducted on the forum only. Reason : That way, it's archived for life and will help innumerable others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Is this some kind of a bug in the system? When I see the post by @Statement quoted here, it shows:
Posts 0
Thanks 1
He has been thanked in a section that doesn't increase post counts (e.g. Shifting Gears).

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
I was just wondering if it is possible for the team-bhp system to send an automated PM to all subscribed members
Sorry, but the way that the system is designed, it's only the thread starter that receives a notification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
How about a thread or a ticker on the main page that lists any major news in the automotive world.
Done. Not a thread, not a ticker. Something better. Wait & watch, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Can we now have Technical specification and features list for BIKES also? As the the first part for cars is almost complete.
Umm, not sure about this one. However, if anyone wishes too, they can start bike specification threads themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
While the guests can surf the whole of the forum
The restrictions that are in place for guests are for certain security reasons. To solve the problem you listed:

- Use the Advanced search page. There, you can search for threads started by CameronDiaz (example)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Release of a monthly e-booklet which would cover important happenings in the indian and international auto-scape
Nice one! Like a monthly newsletter of sorts. Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyur View Post
In the post creation / editing options, please provide an option for Strikethrough or Strikeout.
We can only release new features that have mass appeal (i.e. a probability of being used by a large % of active members. I don't see too many BHPians using a strikethrough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantKarma View Post
I have recently installed IE 9 on my laptop. Now, the fields like "New Reply" as well as Message Body in a PM are seen disabled.
Thread

FAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
I am facing a strange problem from evening. Am unable to view the las page in the Vento test drive thread. Can view till 193 pages but not the 194th page.
Sorted last evening. Thanks for reporting!
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th September 2011, 23:41   #4063
Senior - BHPian

I just saw this thing in some other forum.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-untitled.jpg

Can we have the rupee symbol as smiley in our forum also?
Old 15th September 2011, 11:40   #4064
Senior - BHPian

Perhaps this has been suggested earlier, but I could not find it.

Is it feasible to allow users to delete their post in the same timeframe as the Edit option is allowed? This may reduce the load on mods a bit?
selfdrive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2011, 12:34   #4065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Can't say this hasn't been thought of before. However, why should only Mods tag a post? Rather, we can let the entire community take a decision on useful / useless posts. The ones that are marked as helpful move up in the thread.

Will certainly look something up with the software pros. Thanks
Dont you think that if a useful post is moved up the thread, the thread conversation will loose its continuity? I mean there would be queries raised some where in the middle of the thread but the answer will not be visible because the answer was helpful and it moved up the thread. Am assuming that by 'move', you mean that the post number itself changes. Wouldn't it be possible to tag a post and bringing up the tagged thread only? Similar to bringing up search result!!

Just my 2 cents.
Statement is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks