Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2011, 14:27   #4216
BHPian

Team-BHP Twitter presence

Hi folks,

I saw through the @TeamBHPForum page on twitter. It seems uninteresting/ uninspiring to say the least. All tweets carry a post title (that could also mean something not understandable to general public without referring to the post eg. "Running errands has never been this much fun !! - Team-BHP") and a link.

I suggest instead that we allow the moderators and Distinguished BHPians the access to the twitter page where they can also suggest their take/views in a statement not necessarily with a link. Alternatively, we can evolve a mechanism where we can post something through the moderator. There are various news channels/ journals that make their presence felt with suggestions and views (not necessarily detailed). For example: Hormazd Sorabjee wrote: "India most important market for Toyota in next two years." This was not backed up with a thread/ article. It was a view that encourages debate. People who are interested in further debate shall come up on the forum.

I understand that we are not commercial/for-profit, nor are we vying for publicity. This move just reinforces a brand, that we are what people look upto in the automotive sector.

Will appreciate your views on the same!

Cheers,
Tapish
Tapish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2011, 14:24   #4217
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Similarly, our FB page too is very bland whereas FB allows a lot of customisation. What are your views ?

Tapish
Old 29th November 2011, 21:08   #4218
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Can we have a Maintenance Package thread ? Especially the ones offered by the German trio like the BSI , Secure,etc.

That would be very useful as there is a lot of information discussed by bhpians who own these cars & have opted for these packages. But all this information has been discussed in various different threads like Ownership Reviews,What Car,etc. I do know there is a Search option but it can be quite tedious to scroll through all those pages looking for the relevant info.
Getting all this under one thread would be very useful.

Last edited by PPS : 29th November 2011 at 21:09.
Old 1st December 2011, 09:20   #4219
Senior - BHPian

For an Oracle problem, while searching online forums, I wanted to login to a website to view an answer. I came upon this site Bugmenot.com; which provides you with logins to bypass the registration. Just on a whim, I put in team bhp, and it showed me a login with a password.

Check out the link over here: TEAM-BHP.COM passwords - login with these free accounts to bypass compulsory web registration - Bugmenot.com

On checking further, I found that this 'person' is registered long back on 10th June 2005, and last visit was 27th June 2005 and has put in 0 posts. No activity after that. That means someone has simply created the login which is free for all. (If he was a genuine member, then in 6 years, why 0 posts at all? And also why publicly display user name/ passwords of team-bhp?)

Would it be possible to find out such fictitious users and terminate such login(s)? The reason is, we are known as the largest online automotive forum, but we need to re-evaluate, actually how many are genuine members, and how many such logins are created for other purposes.

Last edited by W.A.G.7 : 1st December 2011 at 09:23. Reason: Added sentence
W.A.G.7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st December 2011, 10:51   #4220
BHPian

Hi GTO,
Pretty much a new comer to this forum. Adore this forum though. May I suggest that :

We have a download section, where we can put up gps info as gpx files. few examples..

1. a gpx file giving recommended Hygenic eating places on difficult routes.

2. A gpx file that shows good service centres/ repair shops, in remote areas.

3. A gpx file that details ATM's in remote areas.

4. Possibly gpx files that shows exits out of cities.

I had suggested this to HVK few days before, and I am sure he is giving the same a skeleton idea by now.

The said download section can be updated/ added as more and more people are increasing using GPS enables phones/ devices.

regards.
vu2pmc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2011, 11:33   #4221
Team-BHP Support

Quick reply for now. Will reply to other posts soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Can we have a Maintenance Package thread ? Especially the ones offered by the German trio like the BSI , Secure,etc.
Like this ?

Car Warranties : The best, average and worst

cya
R
Old 1st December 2011, 11:38   #4222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Just on a whim, I put in team bhp, and it showed me a login with a password.
Out of curiosity, I tried accessing our forum using the handle and password mentioned in that site.

Happily, I got an error stating the 'incorrect password'.
Old 4th December 2011, 12:45   #4223
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Customer 3: Will walk past the CBR 250R and buy a Ninja because he 'knows' the difference between 2-pot and single-pot motors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaurya View Post
Is the 'knows' sarcastic?

Because AFAIK, the CBR ABS is a $4.5k bike selling in India for $4k while the Ninja is a $4k bike selling for $6.5k.

2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250R Specifications and Price - Motorcycle USA
2011 Honda CBR250R Specifications and Price - Motorcycle USA

Am I missing something?
Is the Ninja in India fuel injected or something?
The above is a very short conversation between a another fellow member

Now let me explain where I'm getting at.

You see, I'd put up a post on this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...br250r-54.html and the post was up on some page somewhere in the middle of the thread. I took about half 'n hour just looking for my post (my slow internet and browsing-other-tabs contributing of course )

Is there a way where you guys could introduce a small 'go-to-quote' button in the Quoted Message itself. This would save you plenty of time that you'd waste searching for your quoted-message through the thread.

I know, the chances of this scenario are bleak, and one-to-fifty. (even though I've been through this more than a few times) Considering that when you are having a discussion with someone, it's most likely to stay within a few pages, and on most occasions on the same page itself. But look at it this way, it's like an added safety feature in a car, or an added feature that makes life better, even if it isn't by much.

EDIT: While I was posting this up on the Suggestions Thread, I was looking for my post in that thread (I still hadn't found it) and I kept going backwards page by page. And Finally found out that my post was on the first page! LOL! This is embarrassing! I'm feeling quite stupid about myself now.

Looks like another I have another reason to visit the 'Life's Real Anecdotes' thread! *Grins*

Last edited by suhaas307 : 4th December 2011 at 12:48.
Old 4th December 2011, 13:40   #4224
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307

The above is a very short conversation between a another fellow member

Now let me explain where I'm getting at.

You see, I'd put up a post on this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...br250r-54.html and the post was up on some page somewhere in the middle of the thread. I took about half 'n hour just looking for my post (my slow internet and browsing-other-tabs contributing of course )

Is there a way where you guys could introduce a small 'go-to-quote' button in the Quoted Message itself. This would save you plenty of time that you'd waste searching for your quoted-message through the thread.

I know, the chances of this scenario are bleak, and one-to-fifty. (even though I've been through this more than a few times) Considering that when you are having a discussion with someone, it's most likely to stay within a few pages, and on most occasions on the same page itself. But look at it this way, it's like an added safety feature in a car, or an added feature that makes life better, even if it isn't by much.

EDIT: While I was posting this up on the Suggestions Thread, I was looking for my post in that thread (I still hadn't found it) and I kept going backwards page by page. And Finally found out that my post was on the first page! LOL! This is embarrassing! I'm feeling quite stupid about myself now.

Looks like another I have another reason to visit the 'Life's Real Anecdotes' thread! *Grins*
Isn't this already there,when you click on the red icon next to the name of the member in the quoted post?
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2011, 14:14   #4225
BHPian

Quote:
Is there a way where you guys could introduce a small 'go-to-quote' button in the Quoted Message itself.
Right now,click on the red arrow button above that links to the quoted message and go to your post!

You can even use this feature to quote from/ go-to from one thread to another. E.g. Click on the red arrow link in the below quoted message to go to your own message on a different thread you were originally looking for
Quote:
This may be slightly OT.

There are four different kinds of customers.
Hope this clarifies.
RadiantKarma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2011, 14:53   #4226
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Isn't this already there,when you click on the red icon next to the name of the member in the quoted post?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantKarma View Post
Right now,click on the red arrow button above that links to the quoted message and go to your post!

You can even use this feature to quote from/ go-to from one thread to another. E.g. Click on the red arrow link in the below quoted message to go to your own message on a different thread you were originally looking for

Hope this clarifies.
I've been active on this forum for a little longer that you guys, and I'd failed to notice that. Shame on me. This is one feature I missed, but it never occurred to me that there was a function for that little red arrow. I remember reading it in the announcement section long ago, though.

I'm even more embarrassed now, than before. *blush*

BTW, thanks guys!
Old 6th December 2011, 10:36   #4227
Senior - BHPian

Reporting a bug. I was reading the DSLR thread and viewed BHPian chethan.ram's profile. The page says he is a newbie while he is not. He has over 100 posts and is a very much a BHPian. His join date is August 2010 while the attached pic shows 1st July 2009. Attaching a pic for reference.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-tbhp.jpg

And see here -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post2600632

Last edited by sachinj12 : 6th December 2011 at 10:37.
Old 6th December 2011, 11:25   #4228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Reporting a bug.
Well, this bug was reported by me before.

I'm cross posting the inputs given by the Support Team members so that you can have a better understanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class
There are two users on the forum with IDs - civic.sense & civic-sense.But, whenever I try to access the ID of civic-sense, I get redirected to the user profile of civic.sense. Why does this happen?

Meanwhile what will happen if I send a PM to civic-sense? Will it get redirected to civic.sense

Since one can't access the user profiles of the above users, let me share the link to a post created by each of them

1) civic-sense - Team-BHP - The Definitive Indian Car Community

2) civic.sense - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/members/civic-sense.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost
Its a known and well documented issue with the forum software. It behaves a little weird with special characters in the names.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
Quote:
Why does this happen? Bug in the forum software?
IIRC it is because of the way vbSEO (a SEO add-on to vbulletin) changes URLs.

Quote:
Meanwhile what will happen if I send a PM to civic-sense? Will it get redirected to civic.sense
Nope it should work just fine -- since that will be a name field in the PM (and not a URL)

Quote:
Would it be possible to fix this issue in our next update?
Actually i think the newest version of vbSEO might be able to fix this with a change in settings. I think GTO is aware of this and probably has it on a checklist somewhere...
Klub Class is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2011, 13:06   #4229
BHPian

not sure if this is already discussed before; pl ignore if repeated.

while scrolling through multiple pages of a thread, would be good if a keyboard short-cut (eg. Alt+N, Alt+RtArrow) could be implemented to move to next page (& similarly to go preview page), rather than taking the mouse pointer to the 'Next Pg >' or '< Previous Pg' buttons. My limited knowledge, use of JScript / VBScript / AJAX could be done ?
pcpranav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2011, 22:41   #4230
Senior - BHPian

While accessing T-Bhp from Internet explorer 9, I find I cannot post messages as the reply field is grayed out. If I still go ahead and type out the reply, I get a message saying the entered message is too short. Is this a known problem with Internet explorer 9 and the website?

It works perfectly fine with Internet explorer 8 or any other browser.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-ie9.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks