Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2012, 19:52   #4291
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

I think it will be good if we have a link in the User Control Panel under Subscribed Threads section for "My Threads" so one easily and directly jump to them instead of going through all List of Subscriptions to find them. Mods, can we have this pls?
Old 23rd January 2012, 19:54   #4292
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
I think it will be good if we have a link in the User Control Panel under Subscribed Threads section for "My Threads" so one easily and directly jump to them instead of going through all List of Subscriptions to find them. Mods, can we have this pls?
If you click on your avatar and go to your profile, there is an option where you could view all the threads started by you and all the posts put up by you, in chronological order.
Old 23rd January 2012, 20:27   #4293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
If you click on your avatar and go to your profile, there is an option where you could view all the threads started by you and all the posts put up by you, in chronological order.
Exactly Suhaas. Unfortunately, the same link is not available when you are in User Control Panel. It would be really good to have that direct link there in the UCP as I said, otherwise you have to first go to your avatar and click on that link or go through your subscriptions to find own threads, unless I am totally mistaken about that direct link not being in UCP.
parsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 21:06   #4294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Exactly Suhaas. Unfortunately, the same link is not available when you are in User Control Panel. It would be really good to have that direct link there in the UCP as I said, otherwise you have to first go to your avatar and click on that link or go through your subscriptions to find own threads, unless I am totally mistaken about that direct link not being in UCP.

Why not go to 'Quick links' and click on 'my profile'?

I too used to search a thread where I had posted, click on my profile, choose 'find more posts/threads by...' and then go the required post. Not any more
sachinj12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 21:39   #4295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Why not go to 'Quick links' and click on 'my profile'?

I too used to search a thread where I had posted, click on my profile, choose 'find more posts/threads by...' and then go the required post. Not any more

Follow the steps shown by sachin above and when the search appears, save it as a bookmark and use it whenever you want it from your bookmark menu.
esteem_lover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2012, 10:43   #4296
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Just dropping in a quick reply for this one. Here's another easy way :

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-screenshot-20120124104148.png

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2012, 10:49   #4297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Just dropping in a quick reply for this one. Here's another easy way :

Attachment 876356

cya
R
Thanks Rahaan. Yeah the same thing also highlighted by Suhaas earlier. But the same link (facility, essentially a search for the threads of that single user which you guys have created as a link) is not directly accessible from UCP where one lands many times to check things. It is that aspect I was requesting.
Old 24th January 2012, 10:55   #4298
BHPian

From what parsh is asking, I want to propose something that is generic and will be useful to many people.

"Provide ability to add custom links to Quick Links option". This is useful because different people have different needs and they want easy access to these needs.

parsh may want to add a link to his own threads in Quick Links, I may want to add a link to threads by particular members so as to follow them. Right now there is no way to subscribe to a member. Others may want to put link to some forum section that they visit frequently.
Gandhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2012, 16:24   #4299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is that aspect I was requesting.
It is that aspect that I explained in my previous post. Go to 'quick links', choose 'my profile' and book mark the page as esteem lover suggested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
From what parsh is asking, I want to propose something that is generic and will be useful to many people.

"Provide ability to add custom links to Quick Links option". This is useful because different people have different needs and they want easy access to these needs.

parsh may want to add a link to his own threads in Quick Links, I may want to add a link to threads by particular members so as to follow them. Right now there is no way to subscribe to a member. Others may want to put link to some forum section that they visit frequently.
+1 to this idea. Sounds useful
Old 24th January 2012, 17:37   #4300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post

Ideally, this would have been perfect and hence I like the idea. But, as per my understanding goes, Team-BHP portal is not a dynamic application but a content portal and a CMS at that. This would limit its functionality to provide dynamic links which would need storage per user for any such dynamic things. Hence it will be able to provide static links as of now, IMO. That is why I requested for the same direct link for own threads in UCP where one functions from usually, as is available on clicking on Avatar/My Profile.
Old 25th January 2012, 13:12   #4301
BHPian

Are the New Car Dealerships, as per this section Indian Car Dealerships - Team-BHP sorted citywise.

as per the info for the other directory available in this section, this format is very helpful. Team-BHP Directory - Team-BHP

I am looking to buy a new car and the experiences of my someone from my city will help me choose the my dealer.
Old 26th January 2012, 14:46   #4302
Senior - BHPian

I received 8 same PMs, could not make out anything from these.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-message.jpg
Old 26th January 2012, 14:54   #4303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt
I got similar PMs, but it clearly states that old reported posts are being deleted/ archived.
Old 26th January 2012, 14:59   #4304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK

I got similar PMs, but it clearly states that old reported posts are being deleted/ archived.
Well, I got ~20 similar PMs and my post count got reduced by 28.

Old 26th January 2012, 15:01   #4305
Senior - BHPian

^^^

Now you two members have quoted me but I haven't received any PM?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks