Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2006, 15:07   #421
Senior - BHPian

Check out the glitch in this,

Basically the 1 thread repeats itself in two forums.Yeah i know its stupid,but i was jobless at that point of time.

Last edited by binz : 15th December 2006 at 15:08.
Old 15th December 2006, 15:22   #422
Senior - BHPian

This is not a glitch. The thread that you are talking about is in the ICE section which happens to be a sub-section of the Mods & Accs section. And since you are viewing the Under The Hood section which happens to be above both the Mods & Accs & the ICE Section.
Old 15th December 2006, 17:57   #423
Senior - BHPian

my screen looks like this. since yesterday, i am not seeing the pull down menu from where you can jump forums. can someone help ?

geez, i hope i have not made this look like a complaint thread

Last edited by esteem_lover : 15th December 2006 at 18:05.
Old 16th December 2006, 09:16   #424
Senior - BHPian

You are right no pulldown menu on my screen either.
Old 16th December 2006, 09:22   #425
Senior - BHPian

Can deleting the unused user accounts help the server in anyway?
Old 16th December 2006, 12:57   #426
Senior - BHPian

I think it would be a good idea to add a separate section where our expert modders and ICE installers could post pics of their work.

If this is a separate section (like the marketplace, titled say "Showroom" or something like that), and the rules (of that section) stipulate that the posters cannot explicitly solicit business there, but post just pics and specifications of the work shown, it would be good for all members of Team-BHP. If this section will allow just posting pics and specs, and ideally allow the clarification of specific doubts that are technical in nature and directly relevant to the content posted, I feel we are all in safe and disciplined waters.

One of the greatest things about Team-BHP is that we members can get to know what is possible (in terms of body mods, engine mods, ICE installs etc). And we get to pick the brains of experts in these fields -- whether they are commercially active businesses, or hobbyists and enthusiasts. A large number of the real experts here are people who are commercially active in the fields I mentioned. I think they outnumber the real experts among enthusiasts and hobbyists.

In many cases, I feel that the members (in general) are put to a loss because the excellent work of these experts (the commercially active ones) cannot be showcased with pics. We do not get to really see the excellent quality of work that can put into our cars.

The reason why this is not possible now, and the logic behind the rules that stipulate that pics cannot be posted is quite valid. I'll be the first person to agree. But if we can demarcate a separate section where everybody knows that the posts are made by people who are active commercially, then the problem of members being misled may not arise. Again, if the people who post pics there do not actively ask interested people on the public forum to get in touch with them for quotes, or do not bash the work done by others in the field, etc., I think we will all gain a lot of knowledge, and we will all have a lot of examples to follow and look up to in terms of installs, mods, etc.

Just a suggestion. But something I feel very strongly about. I'm not commercially active in anything remotely automotive myself, and I've not been influenced by any such people in making this post. I've just been disappointed a few times when I couldn't see the pics of certain ICE installs, or when I couldn't see pics of cars modified by some of our expert members.
Old 16th December 2006, 17:40   #427
GTO
Team-BHP Support

@Esteem Lover and Vikram D : Sorry, The forum jump menu has been eliminated by our techie. This was for certain administrative reasons.

@kpzen : Nope. Dormant user accounts do not make a difference.

@hydrashok : We already communicated via PM, but thank you just so much for the fabulous suggestion.
Old 17th December 2006, 05:01   #428
BANNED

Please bring back the removed Forum Jump list-box feature which was present at the bottom of every page. It was very useful for quickly navigating through the forums/sub-forums and site areas.

Please don't take away the nice things at Team-BHP.....This is a request.
Old 17th December 2006, 09:06   #429
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Since you insist, I have asked for reinstatement of the forum jump menu. It should be done soon.
Old 17th December 2006, 16:56   #430
Senior - BHPian

GTO sir i had posted this earlier but did not get an answer to my query so kindly help me out on this.!

Thanks

Quote:
before the site got upgraded i was not able to access t-bhp from my cell
( SE p910 i ) some java page problem used to pop up but that problm got solved a week ago, dont know how ,now i am able to access it and can check out the threads n all but......

when i try to log in the following msg appears

``in order to accept POST request originating from this domain ,the admin must add this domain to the whitelist``

is it a problem with my cell or something else ?

regards
faithless

p.s- if this has already been discussed earlier then mods pls ignore this post , and if it has then can anyone give me the link to the post/thread

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 17th December 2006 at 16:59.
Old 17th December 2006, 17:47   #431
GTO
Team-BHP Support

@Faithless : Please share which domain is to be added to the whitelist. If it is trust-worthy and reliable, I will add it right away.

@ Mithun and others...I guess the forum jump menu has been enabled.
Old 17th December 2006, 23:21   #432
Senior - BHPian

thanks a bunch, GTO, the reply & the response was very prompt & i continue to enjoy your passion, thanks
Old 19th December 2006, 05:40   #433
BHPian

Well those people who's memory are low and dont remember about where did they posted their last post, there should be an option to trace it...Like I posted a post today and if tomorrow i forget in which thread i made my post, then it becomes a pain to search it....So if there would have been an option where i would have made my search for my recent post, i would have been easily directed to that post....Thanks
Old 19th December 2006, 20:46   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlover84 View Post
Well those people who's memory are low and dont remember about where did they posted their last post, there should be an option to trace it...Like I posted a post today and if tomorrow i forget in which thread i made my post, then it becomes a pain to search it....So if there would have been an option where i would have made my search for my recent post, i would have been easily directed to that post....Thanks
Try "subscribe"ing to the threads.. check your "edit options" in "user CP'..
Old 19th December 2006, 21:01   #435
BHPian

The easiest way to search your own posts is to click on "Quick Links" on the menu, click "My Profile" and when your profile opens up click on "Find more posts by XXX"

Cheers!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks