Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2007, 15:25   #481
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
2. We have an auto-close feature which has been applied only to the introductions forum. Any introduction thread automatically closes on 30 days of creation. (An example of how much happens behind the scenes. How many of you noticed this?)
Hey iu noticed that when my intro thread was closed, so were the guys who happen to give their intro around same time. But i didnt knew that it happened automatically. I thought they were closed after the revamp of the forum in november.
Anyways, thats a very good feature.
Old 7th February 2007, 22:18   #482
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
themag,

1. Actually, some old threads are great info-tools lurking in the back of their respective forums. I dont think its a bad idea for the good ones to be bumped up. Makes for interesting reading ;-)
I agree - beats reading the classifieds.
Old 9th February 2007, 16:30   #483
BHPian

"What's Going On" section on the homepage

One more suggestion -

The list of online users on the homepage (under What's Going On section) isn't accurate. It shows the user as 'online', even after he/she has closed the browser. I usually choose the "Remember Me" option when I login, and don't logoff at all (I'm the only one who generally uses this PC), hence I'm shown as online at all times... even when I've shut my PC down and gone to bed! My suggestion is - keep me logged in (so that I don't have to re-enter my password) but, treat me as 'offline' after an inactivity of say, 15 mins.

In software slang... the what's going on list should look at users who've been active (posted something) in past 15/30 mins, and not the user session table. Because... a valid session doesn't mean the user is actually online.
Old 9th February 2007, 17:30   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Hey iu noticed that when my intro thread was closed, so were the guys who happen to give their intro around same time. But i didnt knew that it happened automatically. I thought they were closed after the revamp of the forum in november.
Anyways, thats a very good feature.
If i'm correct, this feature was introduced only recently...after the revamp of the site...Anyway its a nice feature
Old 9th February 2007, 19:52   #485
Senior - BHPian

How about renaming the Indian Car Scene to Indian Automotive Scene, as we happen to see, all the bike related stuff and news and any threads are posted in the same forum. Also we happen to see buses comming in. And may be three-wheelers, vans, trucks and all other commercial vehicles be posted there in sub-forums there.
Old 10th February 2007, 01:46   #486
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amu1983 View Post
It shows the user as 'online', even after he/she has closed the browser. I usually choose the "Remember Me" option when I login, and don't logoff at all (I'm the only one who generally uses this PC), hence I'm shown as online at all times...
Amu,

I think you are mistaken.
Infact, i looked right now, and you are not online

The "remember me" option just works with cookies on your system so you dont have to log in everytime you visit TBHP. It does NOT show you as onine all the time.
The server will show you as offline after a set amount of time (x minutes) since your last navigation or action on TBHP.

Maybe you aways see yourself as online, because you are always online when you check? (Or more likely, you log out and then dont wait long enough for the server to time you out as offline before you re-check.)

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th February 2007 at 01:47.
Old 10th February 2007, 09:40   #487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Maybe you aways see yourself as online, because you are always online when you check? (Or more likely, you log out and then dont wait long enough for the server to time you out as offline before you re-check.)

cya
R
Something is missing here.

Even I was thinking what amu is thinking.
Look at this case:
I login into Team-BHP with remember me option.
After sometime, i close the browser, clean the cookies (mozilla firefox, its ctrl+shift+del , this deletes the cookies, passwords, forms, history,...).
Next time i visit the team-bhp forum as a guest, but still i am rather my id is shown as online in the thread. The green-light. but i cannot reply to any post untill i relogin.
Old 10th February 2007, 09:43   #488
Team-BHP Support

If you don't explicitly log off and you just close the browser, then you will be shown online for a period of time till the server times you out.

if you logout then come as a guest you wont be offline.

try doing what you have done after some time, in that case you will be shown offline.
Old 11th February 2007, 04:45   #489
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
After sometime, i close the browser, clean the cookies (mozilla firefox, its ctrl+shift+del , this deletes the cookies, passwords, forms, history,...).
Next time i visit the team-bhp forum as a guest, but still i am rather my id is shown as online in the thread.
How much time is the question ? As vid6693 said, you probably didnt wait long enough?

Im unsure of what the timeout is currently set to on TBHP. Maybe GTO can provide a more accurate answer.

cya
R
Old 14th February 2007, 22:03   #490
Distinguished - BHPian

The behavior of the "Go to first new post" shortcut thats against every thread might need to be relooked at. Its pointers are inconsistent during subsequent operations.
Old 16th February 2007, 06:45   #491
BANNED

Why can't we've a dedicated Greetings thread for all the Birthday/Festival wishes etc ?

It's quite disgusting to find lots of threads specially for birthdays/festivals etc.

Last edited by mithun : 16th February 2007 at 06:46.
Old 16th February 2007, 08:54   #492
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
It's quite disgusting to find lots of threads specially for birthdays/festivals etc.
What's disgusting about threads wishing someone?
Old 16th February 2007, 22:27   #493
nbr
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
thats because his birthday is already over.LOL
Old 16th February 2007, 22:30   #494
Senior - BHPian

How about changing the pix that show up at the start, www.team-bhp.com. Gettin a logo there would be better imo
Old 17th February 2007, 05:52   #495
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
There is no harm in wishing someone and you've every freedom to do that, what I've meant is that there are lots & lots of birthday threads spread across.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks