Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2013, 11:13   #5221
BANNED

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Looks like it is the loading of external files (graphics) which is the pain.
Old 30th May 2013, 12:25   #5222
BHPian

Presently the upgradation from T Bhpian to Senior is based on the number of posts that a particularly member has posted. Wouldn't it be better to have such a upgradation also based on a number of thanks that a member has received - as in if a member has 700 posts, but a 1000 thanks that means that the quality of posting is much much better/useful.
Old 30th May 2013, 19:18   #5223
Distinguished - BHPian

Seems ok again today. Unless it was something that just went away, I guess that the admin team must have hard a time yesterday. Thanks for all the work!
Old 30th May 2013, 19:33   #5224
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
I have always wondered how easy it was if we could find a way to recognize our members.
Do see my reply to Arch-Angel here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post3102434

Lets see if we can figure out some other solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 599gto View Post
I was thinking if it is possible to design a sticker with the 'got bhp?' inverted, like ambulances are stickered...
Am not ruling inverted stickers out, but they have a very limited application (ie being viewed in someone's rear view mirror) and therefore to be effective, they can only be applied to the front of someones car (that too above hood height).

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Can the threads go into a freeze state if there is no action for a certain period (say 1 month)?
The software doesn't support this. Therefore, we leave it up to the members to decide when a thread is worth bumping up or not. If its an unnecessary bump, the mods can step in on a case to case basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Rehaan, i noticed that this is not limited to Chrome + KIS, i noticed it while browsing on a tablet too.
Strange. I wonder if this was just a random bad load. I haven't managed to effectively repeat the KIS problem though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Can the search be improved?
What skin are you using? BHP Silver (the default skin) and BHP Black have the Google Search integrated on the top right. That takes care of the more fuzzy searches. The vBulletin search can be used for more specific / advanced searching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babu.sundaram View Post
How about having designated logins given out to manufacturers...
We did try that for a short time -- but things did not work out too well. I don't see it happening again anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Why not add 'comments' in the news section?
Its something we have considered, however, given that every news item is posted on the forum as well (you can access it by clicking the orange & grey [View Forum Discussion] button on the News item), it would be redundant to have 2 separate discussions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolin View Post
Wouldn't it be better to have such a upgradation also based on a number of thanks that a member has received...
Thats a nice idea. Though the "Thanks" feature is an additional add-on to our forum software, which uses its in-built metrics of post count (and time) to promote members.

cya
R
Old 1st June 2013, 10:19   #5225
BHPian

The loading of pictures from Member's Garage still does not work for me after the upgrade. Clicking on each picture opens it as a link and not like a java-script pop-up like it used to before.
Old 1st June 2013, 15:06   #5226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
What skin are you using? BHP Silver (the default skin) and BHP Black have the Google Search integrated on the top right. That takes care of the more fuzzy searches. The vBulletin search can be used for more specific / advanced searching.
I am on standard blue, since it is more official looking. (Helps at work)
Old 1st June 2013, 18:01   #5227
Distinguished - BHPian

The refresh intervals of forums/threads is very frequent IMO.
I feel that its not logical as well-neither time based nor is it based on number of threads.
When I go to the usercp, threads not in bold obviously loose attention and with this I tend to loose many updates on the subscribed threads.
I don't know the feasibility but can the refresh rate be set on some rules?
Old 1st June 2013, 22:26   #5228
Distinguished - BHPian

I was just browsing the classifieds section and felt we needed to add a couple of more options in search criterion in there. Two of the important ones I really missed were:
1. Search on basis of Dealer or Individual as most of us do not want to deal with dealers selling used cars as chances of odo tampering etc are much more.
2. Search based on fuel preference: Now assuming I on the lookout for a diesel sedan around 10L with no particular model as such. So this really filters out a lot of unwanted listings.
Old 1st June 2013, 23:11   #5229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I was just browsing the classifieds section and felt we needed to add a couple of more options in search criterion in there. Two of the important ones I really missed were:
1. Search on basis of Dealer or Individual as most of us do not want to deal with dealers selling used cars as chances of odo tampering etc are much more.
2. Search based on fuel preference: Now assuming I on the lookout for a diesel sedan around 10L with no particular model as such. So this really filters out a lot of unwanted listings.
This is already supported. I've used these exact options to filter ads many a time. Once you land on the classifieds page, spot the "Multi-model & Advanced Search" link next to the find button. These options should show up!
Old 2nd June 2013, 05:43   #5230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
The refresh intervals of forums/threads is very frequent IMO.
I feel that its not logical as well-neither time based nor is it based on number of threads.
When I go to the usercp, threads not in bold obviously loose attention and with this I tend to loose many updates on the subscribed threads.
I don't know the feasibility but can the refresh rate be set on some rules?
+1 to this. I had raised similar point earlier and was told that the interval is 24 hrs, which seems very aggressive to me. Also, the clock expires sometime during night India time, which causes inconvenience for people outside India. Increasing this interval to at least 48 hrs or more will help.
Old 3rd June 2013, 10:20   #5231
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Looks like some of our hardware is going to need an upgrade, due to enhanced traffic. The server is choking at times during rush hour.

We'll have this taken care of shortly, team!
Old 3rd June 2013, 13:58   #5232
Distinguished - BHPian

A wee bug[?] in the Reply Box formatting controls...

Say that the last words of a line need to be in Italics.

CTRL-i, type "Italics." CTRL-i to exit the italics, press return for the line ending and
italic is back again. Same for

bold
of course.

ie, a line ending turn back on the format option that one just turned off.
Old 3rd June 2013, 15:12   #5233
BHPian

My request has more to do with the Official review section, but posting here nevertheless..

While all reviews that have been posted show the related specs, the major factor in now a days running is Maintenance cost, which is not getting highlighted anywhere.

For buying a car, the initial cost might be low, but the killer could be maintenance costs, which i feel should definitely be highlighted. This might not include breakdown costs or irregular maintenance, but a excel sheet showing - 1st Service cost / 2nd Service cost or SERVICE cost for running vehicle till 1 lac kms would be a very big value add.

Even a comparo on similar lines would be a key highlight.

I am planning on buying a car and running / maintenance cost is a big factor for my consideration, as my running is very high and i find not only our reviews but all reviews lacking on this front.
Old 3rd June 2013, 15:31   #5234
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bapu View Post
.... but a excel sheet showing - 1st Service cost / 2nd Service cost or SERVICE cost for running vehicle till 1 lac kms would be a very big value add.

Even a comparo on similar lines would be a key highlight.
I am not sure how the mods would be able to come up with the service costs during the media drives. For detailed break up on service costs, and even incidental repair costs, the ownership reviews shared by the members would be your best bet. And if you observe, very rarely the service costs will match up for 2 members even with the same car! You get a ball park figure but not absolute.

Only trouble is if you are researching on a relatively new launch, there might not be any ownership threads up yet!. In such a case, I would recommend visiting the dealer's service deptt once. They usually have all the charges for services up on a board. It can give you a rough idea.
Old 3rd June 2013, 18:43   #5235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
I am not sure how the mods would be able to come up with the service costs during the media drives.
My take is that if it is asked for during a media drive, it would be much easier information to get. Probably an estimate only would also help. That is why i said, that approximate running cost or general service cost.

And i dont think it'd be a tough job, during the media drive - when the company is calling you to test the product, to get this information.

Fellow member Amalji has also done a quick comparision for the Amaze and it turns out that maybe the running cost of Amaze might be higher than that of its peer group.

Link : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3103984

If such a review is added in the official reviews itself, will make a BIG diffrence to the perspective that we offer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks