Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2013, 09:25   #5386
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Carzone, for the toll info, you can check out the travelogues section and get help from Mr. HV Kumar. When you have this person on board, you don't need a toll calculator!
I second your views. That option was for the BHPian above who requested for an app for tolls.
Old 30th September 2013, 11:54   #5387

If possible, I wanted if we have some kind of integration between the travelogues with the list of hotels/resorts of the place for which the travelogue is written, with the BHPians rating the same. There are a lot of travelogues in here. Also there are lot of other sites such as TripAdvisor and Mouthshut, but then, a review from a BHPian is more trustworthy than a third party site. So along with the travelogues, if there was a way where we can read reviews about the places where other BHPians have also stayed will have its value. And Team-BHP has a brand value, so I dont think, the hoteliers will mind getting positive/negative reviews from fellow BHPians.
Old 2nd October 2013, 08:02   #5388
Senior - BHPian

Mod note: Post deleted. Use this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ne-thread.html

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 2nd October 2013 at 10:42.
Old 2nd October 2013, 10:47   #5389
BHPian

Wondering, if we could have a custom team-bhp placard/flag or something of that sort to carry around. The sticker on our vehicles sure carries us around to places, but. Where ever the bhpians travel, they take a picture with the placard and post it in a thread. It would make an interesting compilation of the places Bhpians are traveling ! (- not sure if something along these lines already exists.). Thanks.
Old 3rd October 2013, 14:24   #5390
BHPian

My two cents:
For the travelogues section, we could standardize on "road condition" information(which is much sought after) by
.creating a separate section called "Road Conditions in India"
.having a separate thread under this for each NH, SH and key road in India(which users can update over time)
.then using a standardized template form that users can use to post information; typically could seek the following information from posters:
..Road Name - NH 45(example)
..From - Chennai
..To - Trichy
..Report date - 03 Oct 2013
..Road condition - rating and <text>
..Average speed - <text>
..Sections to avoid - <text>
..Food options - <text>
..Toilet facilities - <text>
..Daypart Times to avoid - <text & reason>
..Days in week of heavy traffic - <text>
..Seasons to avoid - <text>
..Look out for - <text>
..Good petrol pumps - <text>
..Tyre mechanics availability - <text(availability and any names/locations/contact nos>
..Mechanic shops - <text(availability and any names/locations/contact nos>
..Key highlights - <text(e.g., scenic, cameras ready etc)>
..Closest Team BHPian - <text>
..Any other tips - <text>

.Team BHPians can fill these forms out in wiki mode with user generated content constantly updating the information(with time stamp)
This could be a ready reckoner that members can refer to before embarking on a trip. The current road condition posts are a bit haphazardly structured. Another way of structuring this wiki could be by main routes(e.g., Delhi-Jaipur, Kolkata-Chennai etc., instead of by NH/SH number). or a mix of both.
Old 3rd October 2013, 15:54   #5391
Senior - BHPian

In the official reviews, where t-bhp is invited by the companies, to review their cars, is it possible to include some more pictures of the lower spec variants of the car in question; in the review? There are pictures of lower spec variants but the quantity is less I feel. Once you look at the higher variants, you tend to get influenced by the niceties, all of which may not be available on the lower end ones.
Old 3rd October 2013, 17:27   #5392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
There are pictures of lower spec variants but the quantity is less I feel.
In most cases the lower end versions look the same, with components such as ABS or airbags being optional. Also if the company offered the top end model for review, it is only natural that the photos of the top end model dominate.
Old 3rd October 2013, 21:54   #5393
BHPian

Hi,
not sure if this is the right place, or else Mods please direct me to correct thread. I couldnt find related thread.

many of times, I return from workshop with loads of old parts, which were changed with newer ones. This depends on the workshop's policy. But, what to do with these junks, many times metallic items?
Option-1: you sell the metal to your local scrap (kabadi) fellow. No, money isnt big!
Option-2: after driving this stuff in your backseat / dicky for a long, ultimately you throw at some random place!

Requesting for better suggestions. Or is there any way, we can centrally collect these items city-wise, kinda TBHP drop-box; later it could be sent to a recycle vendor or even collectively sell as scrap. Though reimbursed money isnt big, it could still be used for some social purpose.

regards,
Old 3rd October 2013, 23:52   #5394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
Though reimbursed money isnt big, it could still be used for some social purpose.
A novel idea. However if you weigh the costs and benefits, selling them to the local scrap dealer asap is the fastest way to get rid of it. They are defective and thus already of no value.
Old 17th October 2013, 11:40   #5395
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by samikc View Post
It would helpful for people to showcase how a service, parts are reviewed in Team-BHP.
Best for them to link to our content with an excerpt (as we do with others).

Quote:
Also allowing login with Team-BHP id to other sites may fetch you some discount while buying car products.
We've always been against Team-BHP / BHPians getting special deals / discounts on products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
I'm surprised that such an issue is still not fixed. How can we expect users to not use https in 2013?
Agreed. Will check if there are any updates to the plugin (that allow https youtube links) in the coming week.

Quote:
In the Android app, when I view a message about moved posts, and then click on the link for the thread, the thread opens in the browser. Kinda defeats the purpose of having the app, no?
The Team-BHP App will be going in for a major overhaul toward the end of the year. We promise a superior user experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Can we have the location of the members also on display in the mobile app?
Unnecessary clutter, honestly. Small screen should include only the must-have information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222 View Post
I can't seem to get it to work, the moment I click on quote option in iOS app it opens the quoted text and I have to cut and copy for multiple quotes.
Please view the opening page of the Apple / Android App threads. They've been updated with a link to the multi-quote tutorial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
do we have a maximum limit for multi-quoting posts? What is the maximum number of posts that you can multi-quote?
Current limit is 30.

Quote:
Is it possible to add an option to the thread tools, which allows the user to only view the images posted in the thread?
Absolutely. Just click on the icon next to the thread name. It'll open up a list of all attachments in that thread.

If you like viewing travelogues, also check out our travelogue gallery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringbh View Post
Where ever the bhpians travel, they take a picture with the placard and post it in a thread. It would make an interesting compilation of the places Bhpians are traveling !
Nice. But keeping in mind the stuff that runs through our veins, why not a picture of a car with a Team-BHP sticker at those places?

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
In the official reviews, where t-bhp is invited by the companies, to review their cars, is it possible to include some more pictures of the lower spec variants of the car in question; in the review?
We try to . However, manufacturers mostly bring along only the top-spec variants at these previews. They obviously want to put their best foot forward.
Old 17th October 2013, 11:54   #5396
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Unnecessary clutter, honestly. Small screen should include only the must-have information.
But in many threads it is helpful to know the location of the member such as the car price thread, all threads under the what car section, street experiences section.
And there is ample space available in the current format to add it.

Last edited by drmohitg : 17th October 2013 at 11:56.
Old 20th October 2013, 01:47   #5397
BHPian

Not a suggestion per se rather a question. Why can't we edit our posts after 30 mins of posting it? I can't seem to understand the significance behind this.
Old 22nd October 2013, 15:49   #5398
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
I'm surprised that such an issue is still not fixed. How can we expect users to not use https in 2013?
Hey Gandhi,

httpS youtube links will now work

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
But in many threads it is helpful to know the location of the member such as the car price thread, all threads under the what car section, street experiences section.
Hmmm... this is true. However, the app developer we use needs to apply these changes universally. Give me some time... i have an idea on how we could try to make this work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_Torq View Post
Why can't we edit our posts after 30 mins of posting it? I can't seem to understand the significance behind this.
On reddit.com there is a user named something like "edited_later_so_you_look_stupid". As you can imagine, most people that reply to his posts end up regretting it!

On Team-BHP, its a discussion (and sometimes debate) format. If people keep going back and changing their points/views on things, it makes the discussion disjointed and somewhat misleading for others reading the thread, and unfair for those involved in the discussion.

30 minutes is plenty of time to correct typos, fix stupid mistakes and fine-tune your point. Beyond that, you an always report the post asking mods to make a change. There are some disadvantages to a limited edit period (eg. ownership threads), but the Assembly Line section makes up for this to a great extent.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd October 2013 at 15:50.
Old 22nd October 2013, 16:29   #5399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The Team-BHP App will be going in for a major overhaul toward the end of the year. We promise a superior user experience.
Any chance of getting a Windows Phone app?

Numbers seem to indicate that Windows Phone has overtaken iPhone in India thanks to low end Lumia phones.
Old 22nd October 2013, 18:11   #5400
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Any chance of getting a Windows Phone app?
A very high possibility if things work out the way we hope.

cya
R

Most Viewed