Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2007, 14:02   #541
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Why can't we change the pics that we see initially when we log on.It had been around for a while and would be a fresh change once we get new pics.
Done. Have put it on the to-do for the next upgrade.
Old 18th April 2007, 14:27   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Done. Have put it on the to-do for the next upgrade.
Thanks GTO for adding it to your to-do.
Old 20th April 2007, 19:32   #543
Senior - BHPian

i would like to request mods to put it a DIY thread for the technical section also as in ice.
Old 27th April 2007, 10:44   #544
Distinguished - BHPian

More of a request to BHPians:

While posting an external link that is known to have adult content in any form -ads, animations etc., it would be very helpful to indicate the same in the post itself. This would go a long way in protecting professional cleanliness in our offices where we would open these links most of the times.

Thanks to all in advance.
Old 27th April 2007, 19:38   #545
Team-BHP Support

Guys I dont have a suggestion yet but a query:

How do I add animated gif's as my avatar? I tried adding a gif image but it doesn't work.
Old 27th April 2007, 19:47   #546
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
How do I add animated gif's as my avatar? I tried adding a gif image but it doesn't work.
Ok, seriously now. The gif you tried to add, was it animated?
Old 27th April 2007, 19:49   #547
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Ok, seriously now. The gif you tried to add, was it animated?
Yes Samurai, it was animated.

EDIT: Got the joke now! Sigh, I rewrite my query. How do I add gif's to my avatar?

Last edited by moralfibre : 27th April 2007 at 19:51.
Old 27th April 2007, 19:56   #548
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
EDIT: Got the joke now! Sigh, I rewrite my query. How do I add gif's to my avatar?
Just like how I posted that animated gif. If you are having problems, just upload the gif to imageshack and PM me the direct link.
Old 28th April 2007, 06:30   #549
BANNED

Why can't we have a "Check if already posted" button on the Post new thread page so that it'll help newbies who never searches before starting a new thread ?
Old 28th April 2007, 06:34   #550
BHPian

This is more of a request than suggestion

We have the options of "New Posts" when logged in and "Today's Posts" when we are yet to sign in. But, how about "Posts from (say) 25/04/07-28/04/07" i.e. between two particular dates .

Why i'm saying this is because in my area there is high voltage fluctuations and the UPS is no good, i've tried atleast 5 UPSs but no difference! Then i enquired about this to others in my area and found out that there is some serious problem in the Electricity line!

Now the problem is, i was away for a week sometime back and logged on to Team-BHP to read the "New Posts" after logging in. After about 1 hour, my PC restarted and when i tried to see the "New Posts" after logging in again, i could see only 4-5 new threads and i missed all those posts!

Another thing is that, there is only dial-up connection in my home and sometimes the connection gets broken and i have to re-dial again. So the same thing is repeated here. I've tried to use the "Search" option to set the desired dates, but you have enter either a keyword or a username to get the results whereas i wanted to see all the new posts during tha period. i hope you got the point?

P.S: sorry for the long post, i wanted to make it clear as much as possible!
Old 28th April 2007, 09:04   #551
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arif_t01 View Post
Why i'm saying this is because in my area there is high voltage fluctuations and the UPS is no good, i've tried atleast 5 UPSs but no difference! Then i enquired about this to others in my area and found out that there is some serious problem in the Electricity line!
Boss, you are barking the wrong tree, UPS can't help with high voltage issues, stabilizers do. I too live in a high voltage area, where I usually get 270-280volts. Connect your UPS via stabilizer, try VGD or VGW series, the VGS series is no good for you.
Old 28th April 2007, 10:43   #552
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
We have the options of "New Posts" when logged in and "Today's Posts" when we are yet to sign in. But, how about "Posts from (say) 25/04/07-28/04/07" i.e. between two particular dates
Unique problem you are facing, but I believe vbulletin plans to have this feature in their next release. If and when they do, we will incorporate it immediately.
Old 28th April 2007, 12:00   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Boss, you are barking the wrong tree, UPS can't help with high voltage issues, stabilizers do. I too live in a high voltage area, where I usually get 270-280volts. Connect your UPS via stabilizer, try VGD or VGW series, the VGS series is no good for you.
Online UPS does help!!! As the inverter is on 24hrs and the inverter unit regulates power as well.
So an online UPS is going to make a difference.
Old 28th April 2007, 12:08   #554
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raajks View Post
Online UPS does help!!! As the inverter is on 24hrs and the inverter unit regulates power as well.
So an online UPS is going to make a difference.
This is really getting OT. But even my 6KVA Emerson online UPS switches to battery at 275V.
Old 29th April 2007, 23:22   #555
Distinguished - BHPian

Context-specific navigation:

Could links have a right-click associated with them that would be context-specific to that level of link ('level' = thread, post, User CP etc.) . This would be similar to the Webmail version of Microsoft Outlook - or any other active web content which feature such functionalities. The advantages, of course, would be quicker navigation and effcient utilization of bandwidth.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks