Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2014, 11:22   #5596
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

When we post using the advanced reply option, there is an icon with mountain on it.

That is for inserting an image. Since the T-Bhp policy states that all pics have to be uploaded on the server, I think that that option should be done away with.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 20th May 2014, 11:15   #5597
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
That is for inserting an image. Since the T-Bhp policy states that all pics have to be uploaded on the server, I think that that option should be done away with.
Hi Abinav.gupta88,

Agreed on this. At the time of changing the default image upload method we did try to do away with this button, but unfortunately there was some sacrifice that came with it (i can't remember exactly what right now), so we only removed it from the quick reply box.

Also, in some cases, members use it to re-post an image that's already been uploaded to Team-BHP Servers.

cya
R
Old 22nd May 2014, 12:26   #5598

Re: Team-BHP moving to E2E Networks. EDIT: Done!

Hello,

Don't know if it's forum software specific or due to recent server move, but when I post a reply via quick reply box then I can see my reply in the thread even though I am a newly registered member. But after refreshing the page it's not there as first it needs moderator approval. So I feel that the message should be displayed even when using quick reply box, as we get when using post reply rather than post appearing in the thread unless refreshed.

Hope I am clear as to what I mean.

Thank you
Old 22nd May 2014, 13:40   #5599
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praveer View Post
Don't know if it's forum software specific or due to recent server move, but when I post a reply via quick reply box then I can see my reply in the thread even though I am a newly registered member. But after refreshing the page it's not there as first it needs moderator approval. So I feel that the message should be displayed even when using quick reply box, as we get when using post reply rather than post appearing in the thread unless refreshed.
Found one more quirk related to Newbie posts - when a Newbie posts quoting an earlier post, that member is notified via a PM but the link will not work since the Newbie's post is not yet approved!

*Not really related to the E2E move, so I think some of these posts can be moved to another appropriate thread.
Old 22nd May 2014, 14:23   #5600

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Found one more quirk related to Newbie posts - when a Newbie posts quoting an earlier post, that member is notified via a PM but the link will not work since the Newbie's post is not yet approved!

*Not really related to the E2E move, so I think some of these posts can be moved to another appropriate thread.
Thank you for confirming. It's a forum software (VBulletin) related issue I feel and yes a separate thread for forum bugs will be more organised.

Praveer
Old 22nd May 2014, 14:25   #5601
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Don't know if it's forum software specific or due to recent server move, but when I post a reply via quick reply box then I can see my reply in the thread even though I am a newly registered member. But after refreshing the page it's not there as first it needs moderator approval.
Hi Praveer,

This is not related to the recent server move. [Your post has been moved]

The quick reply box adds the reply using AJAX (so the whole page doesn't refresh), and therefore the post is visible. Like you said, on a page refresh, it wont be visible anymore, as it has gone into the mod queue.

This is unfortunately one of those things that is an overlap between the software we use and certain add-ons we require - and there's on real easy fix for it (that i know of).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Hi NPV,

As above - this is another small inconsistency that arises between the software + 'You've been quoted' add-on. Though I've just realised there may be a solution for this one. Will look into it soon.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd May 2014 at 14:26.
Old 23rd May 2014, 14:28   #5602

Hi,

Noticed one more thing that even though I have few posts but my profile is showing my posts as 0. Any ideas why so?

Thank you
Praveer
Old 23rd May 2014, 15:15   #5603
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi,

Noticed one more thing that even though I have few posts but my profile is showing my posts as 0. Any ideas why so?

Thank you
Praveer
Hello Praveer, posts in certain sections eg. Shifting gears are not counted towards post count.

More info : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/faq.ph...shooting#faq_9

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd May 2014 at 16:27. Reason: Adding FAQ link. Thanks.
Old 25th May 2014, 12:42   #5604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Hello Praveer, posts in certain sections eg. Shifting gears are not counted towards post count.

More info : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/faq.ph...shooting#faq_9
Mods: Thanks at the outset for taking time to clear our posts and our doubts.

Can you please let us newbies know which are the sections where posting doesn't go towards the total count. The link mentions only 2 sections.

Thank for your help.
Old 25th May 2014, 14:34   #5605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmrsm View Post
Mods: Thanks at the outset for taking time to clear our posts and our doubts.

Can you please let us newbies know which are the sections where posting doesn't go towards the total count. The link mentions only 2 sections.

Thank for your help.
I think those are the only sections. Even the "Thanks" button is not available in the threads that would not add to post count. In case you are in doubt about a specific thread/section, check whether the posts in that thread has "Thanks" button.
Old 25th May 2014, 15:49   #5606
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmrsm View Post
These are the following Sub-forums on Team-BHP.
  1. Team-BHP
  2. BHP India
  3. BHP Worldwide
  4. Under the Hood
  5. Buckle Up
  6. Around the Corner

In the Around the Corner section the post count does NOT increase, rest ALL sections do increase your post count.

Anurag.
Old 26th May 2014, 08:19   #5607
Senior - BHPian

Strange that I am getting nil results for a search of the keyword 'little' in this thread, whereas, a search for 'tree' fetched me what I was looking for; 'little trees'!

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-little.jpg

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-little1.jpg
Old 27th May 2014, 13:18   #5608
Team-BHP Support

Mild update to our Google Custom Search on site :

Changes :
  • Updated to fix the issue where page didn't always scroll up after clicking the page numbers at the bottom.
  • Added a search box on the results page as well (since our nav-bar search box does not retain search terms), this makes refining searches a lot easier.
  • "Images" tab made more prominent, also by default the search filters (News, Reviews etc) are more visible now.
  • Searching on mobile resulted in strange text sizes (link url would be much larger than title). Fixed.
  • Made tiny page numbers more clickable on mobile.

cya
R
Old 27th May 2014, 13:20   #5609
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Strange that I am getting nil results for a search of the keyword 'little' in this thread, whereas, a search for 'tree' fetched me what I was looking for; 'little trees'!
Actually, "little" seems to be one of the general words that MySQL doesn't make note of in the type of search we have enabled on our forum.

List of words :
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/...stopwords.html

cya
R
Old 28th May 2014, 11:13   #5610
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello Mods,

I would like to draw your attention to a technical issue, which was probably existing even before migration to new servers. The problem is that if I want to view the profile of handle name ' //M', then the page automatically redirects to the profile of another member with handle name '///////M7'; probably due to how the query in the DB is done (I am not a tech guy).
I am suspecting that other members with similar usernames might also be facing this issue. Please see if the problem can be sorted out.

Thank you for the attention and a big thanks from BHPians to the moderator team for upholding the quality of the forum.

Regards,
Saket

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks