Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2014, 11:08   #5761
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Can we have a thread for selling away miscellaneous stuff that doesn't qualify for Classifieds or "Give-away" ? I like dealing with members here rather than to put items for sale on sites like OLX and have to deal with the masses.
Old 18th November 2014, 14:59   #5762
BHPian

Facing this issue while rating any thread. Happens while using IE.

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-untitled.jpg
Old 20th November 2014, 19:22   #5763
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Any process to remove likes inadvertently given due to slipped phone?
Sorry, not at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmrsm View Post
Even after you log into the forum, certain pages have a pop up ad appearing. Can this be avoided.
Logging in to the Fourm changes the ad display behaviour on the Forum section. However, there won't be any change for the Portal and Classifieds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Can we have a thread for selling away miscellaneous stuff that doesn't qualify for Classifieds or "Give-away" ? I like dealing with members here rather than to put items for sale on sites like OLX and have to deal with the masses.
This would be nice, but it gets tricky once we start allowing commercial posts on the forum, hence better avoided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
This has been brought up a few times. Chances are its because of your office network?

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th November 2014 at 19:24.
Old 20th November 2014, 21:02   #5764
BHPian

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-1416497469166.jpg

I face this sometimes while browsing through the mobile app. Especially when there's a slow 3G connection.
Old 22nd November 2014, 13:50   #5765
BHPian

Hi Mods,

I am very disappointed right now. I have been facing strange issues with my car for last 3 months. I have tried seeking advice of fellow bhpians thrice. But every time I do that my thread is merged with some old thread which is not much active now. And it happened even after leaving the notes for mods ' please do not merge'. If I am looking for some help urgently I don't understand how merging my thread with a two year old one which had it's last post in September going to help me in any way. My problem is totally different than what problems other members had. Had I got the answer I would haven't posted in the first place.

nIk
Old 22nd November 2014, 13:57   #5766
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
But every time I do that my thread is merged with some old thread which is not much active now. And it happened even after leaving the notes for mods ' please do not merge'. If I am looking for some help urgently I don't understand how merging my thread with a two year old one which had it's last post in September going to help me in any way. My problem is totally different than what problems other members had. Had I got the answer I would haven't posted in the first place.

nIk
Understand that your post is directed towards the mods and you seek an answer from them, but even if your post is merged to (however) old thread, that thread shows up in the list and comes to the top. This attracts the attention of the members.

Regards,
Saket
Old 22nd November 2014, 20:43   #5767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post

Understand that your post is directed towards the mods and you seek an answer from them, but even if your post is merged to (however) old thread, that thread shows up in the list and comes to the top. This attracts the attention of the members.

Regards,
Saket
Yeah,

So that's the reason I have not got even a single reply on my probkem. And I am stuck with a broken car with no clue of what shoul I do. On a more serious note friend most of the team bhp readers I know open team - bhp go to the new thread section read what's new there and close it. And even I do the same at times when I don't have enough time. So new posts go unnoticed by too many readers and people who are subscribed to the thread get the notification. Hence the problem. And I am even more surprised that none of the Mods have responded to my post here as well.

Slowly and steadily I am losing faith in team bhp. May be I shoul figure out myself what's wrong with my car.

nIk
Old 23rd November 2014, 10:30   #5768
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah,

So that's the reason I have not got even a single reply on my probkem. And I am stuck with a broken car with no clue of what shoul I do. On a more serious note friend most of the team bhp readers I know open team - bhp go to the new thread section read what's new there and close it. And even I do the same at times when I don't have enough time. So new posts go unnoticed by too many readers and people who are subscribed to the thread get the notification. Hence the problem. And I am even more surprised that none of the Mods have responded to my post here as well.

Slowly and steadily I am losing faith in team bhp. May be I shoul figure out myself what's wrong with my car.

nIk
At least in my case, I glance through the threads that I'm subscribed to first before jumping into the forum sections that I'm interested in. There are some sections I don't bother much with while there are others I look at for all the latest updates.

You are unlikely to get replies from people who just have time for a quick glance at the new topics anyway, they are unlikely to have time to go through a lengthy post and analyse the facts. If the mods merged it with an existing thread, it would come up in the updates of the members who already contributed to that thread. They have a better chance at noticing it in the subscribed thread than in an all new thread that no one bothers about and gets hidden from first page in no time. If you are not getting replies, it could be because whoever saw the post might not have any concrete suggestions to give.

I can understand your frustration of not getting a reply when time is running out and you need to take a decision fast. However, if 25 members open new threads with big and small issues in a matter of a few hours, your 'new' thread won't even be in page 1 by the time half the members login back after a few hours.
Old 23rd November 2014, 11:00   #5769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On a more serious note friend most of the team bhp readers I know open team - bhp go to the new thread section read what's new there and close it.
Well, I for one go to my subscriptions page by default (it is there in my Chrome speed dial on all my devices and is also the first link if I type 't' in the omnibar) and only read updates to those threads.
Old 28th November 2014, 15:33   #5770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post

This has been brought up a few times. Chances are its because of your office network?

cya
R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post

Attachment 1310033
This happens when you are on a proxy network mostly in office. Had the same problem reported here. Try the same at home.

Regards
Old 2nd December 2014, 11:29   #5771
BHPian

There's something going wrong with Classified Gadgets section. I've faced this issue 3-4 times now and it's annoying. I login with my emailID and create a Gadget ad, and it is rejected citing I'm not a member on the forum, but I check and my username is always in the listing. The frustrating part is that the Ad is deleted so you have to create the ad all over again, and hope and pray it gets approved.

What's going on? Forum bug?

Quote:
As you might have noticed when listing your ad, the Gadgets section is only available to members who also have an Active Team-BHP Forum account. Given that your account did not meet this requirement, we're very sorry but the ad could not be approved.
Old 5th December 2014, 15:33   #5772
BHPian

Mods:
The thread 'Good A/C Service Mechanic in Chennai' is in the 'Under the Hood -> Technical Stuff' section while it should be present in the 'Under the Hood -> Chennai T-BHP Directory' section.

Request you to move it under the appropriate section.

I have also posted the same in the thread itself. Please remove that if necessary.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3595844

Cheers!
Old 9th December 2014, 19:51   #5773
BHPian

Re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
It's time to look back at the year and cast your vote for The Team-BHP Car of the Year. This is where YOU the BHPian will choose the car of 2014.
Hey Rush, do we have a post/discussion on how the previous COTY winners performed in the market? It will also in a way show where auto enthusiasts view relevant to the market at large.
tifosikrishna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2014, 22:00   #5774
BHPian

Kindly ignore if the topic has been brought up before.

Team-Bhp stickers are being sold to members as well as non members.
So is there any chance of a unique Team-Bhp sticker for members alone (member-Team-Bhp / Bhpian, anything like that), preferably non duplicatable
regards adrian
Old 9th December 2014, 23:12   #5775
BHPian

I have a a suggestion for the ownership threads/official reviews of different vehicles.

Usually in any ownership thread, there are a few posts(s) that are 'marquee' posts which address a common problem/issue. When the ownership thread is just a few pages, new vehicle owners can comb through them for information, but those who start to follow a particular thread when it has run into hundreds of pages, repetition sets in and kills the experience of those who have been following it from Day One.

So my suggestion is to have 'Marquee Posts' (or any other suitable name) after the 'Smaller yet significant things' section in Official Review Threads on Page 1 which can be edited from time to time by Mods to include posts which seem significant and serve a large group. Suggestion for including these posts can be invited from members who have posted in that thread.

Since I am Newbie and have not combed through this thread, I just hope I am not going down the same road with this post which I am advocating to avoid!

Most Viewed