Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2007, 11:38   #571
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Why cannot google search be integrated into team-bhp itself,would it not be easier that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
That is because the minimum search term has to be 4 alphabets long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Shouldn't that be addressed? People search for LPG & since it is not found, start a new thread which makes the discussion scattered.
Just wanted to update that the three letter search has been enabled! Therefore, searching for words like LPG, BMW, CNG etc. works like a charm

Last edited by GTO : 2nd May 2007 at 12:34. Reason: Thanks to Mr. English Teacher Sam Kapasi
Old 9th May 2007, 09:37   #572
Senior - BHPian

Great GTO, thanks, appreciated.
Old 14th May 2007, 23:00   #573
BHPian

this is one hell of a wonderful site !!!!
but i guess it deserves more publicity and appeal to all the car , bike, automobile lovers.....

infact everyone can spread the word across the web about this site.

and is there any reason for choosing team-bhp?
Old 15th May 2007, 10:58   #574
BHPian

Hey,

In some of the forums i saw an option of "Show all" pages instead of displaying page wise.
can we have that option as it will reduce number of clicks

cheers
rajs
Old 15th May 2007, 15:55   #575
BHPian

GTO and the mods - Cant we have a policy of rewarding members whose thread's posts cross a limit (say 100) ?

Also, what is the criterion for becoming a distinguished BHPian?
Old 15th May 2007, 16:00   #576
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
GTO and the mods - Cant we have a policy of rewarding members whose thread's posts cross a limit (say 100) ?
That is no measure of the quality of the discussion. Besides, the thread size depends on the member interest, not the thread starter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
Also, what is the criterion for becoming a distinguished BHPian?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...ed-bhpian.html
Old 15th May 2007, 16:08   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
That is no measure of the quality of the discussion. Besides, the thread size depends on the member interest, not the thread starter.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...ed-bhpian.html
Thanks Samurai. That was a very quick response. You guys (the mods) are following this thread like a hawk.

Nice to see that. IMO, this is the major reason why Team-BHP has done so well. Congrats!!!

Last edited by Proxima : 15th May 2007 at 16:10.
Old 15th May 2007, 16:16   #578
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

In some of the forums i saw an option of "Show all" pages instead of displaying page wise.
can we have that option as it will reduce number of clicks
Most of our recent threads have a 100 posts or more. That would lead to a helluva lot of bandwith! Maybe you can try the "Threaded" or "Hybrid" modes (Top right of the page).
Old 15th May 2007, 18:06   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Hey NeedaUsername,

Originally we didnt have this method of approving newbie posts.
However, things took a turn for the worse and there were several reasons why we decided to implement this system.
Overall, i think it works well at what its supposed to do (mainly : reduce spam, improve the quality of posts, familiarize mods with new members and their posting styles//quality)

Usually there is a mod online 24/7 and approving posts can take anywhere from 1min to 5-6hours (average being around 15minutes), which is a very good turnaround time when compared to other such systems!

cya
R
Rehaan,

This increases the number of posts by a newbie, because once he posts something and he wishes to edit it, he has to wait for the moderator to approve it immediately (as the edit post is allowed only upto 20 mins. of posting). I feel the post approval has to be removed for those sections where the posts are not counted (such as shifting gears.,).
Old 16th May 2007, 12:18   #580
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I feel the post approval has to be removed for those sections where the posts are not counted (such as shifting gears.,).
Hi Hellwrath,

Even if posts in a certain section do not add up to the counts, they do contribute to forum quality. Therefore post moderation will stay for newbies.

Also, we have had a significant amount of automatic spammers posting ads around the board. Needless to say, they are deleted from the moderation que itself.
Old 16th May 2007, 12:24   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Hi Hellwrath,

Even if posts in a certain section do not add up to the counts, they do contribute to forum quality. Therefore post moderation will stay for newbies.

Also, we have had a significant amount of automatic spammers posting ads around the board. Needless to say, they are deleted from the moderation que itself.

Hey GTO,

Well, in that case I would request you to increase the time limit on editing the posts.
Old 16th May 2007, 14:30   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedaUsername View Post
Hey, can i suggest something??
I think for newbies (like me), whatever they post, be it a new thread or a reply, it first has to be permitted by the moderator. Cant that rule be relaxed??
I would like to praise the good job done by our MOD team in maintaining the quality of posts unlike other forums where its a pain to even read what has been written.. and some nonsense threads and comments. All the trouble goes in to maintain best quality of this forum. Mods keep up the good work.
Old 17th May 2007, 09:58   #583
BHPian

hey guys.
been meaning to post this one for a while but i've been away and lazy and the like

in the members online list, previously the list used to show the online members in alphabetical order, making it quite usable esp if you wanted to find someone in particular to pm on the spot or whatever.

currently its kinda random ( i'm assuming its its a fifo login record), makes it pretty hard to figure out if someone you wanna contach id online at the moment by just checking the forum front page
Old 17th May 2007, 14:32   #584
GTO
Team-BHP Support

There you go, revvhead. Online users will now be listed alphabetically.
Old 17th May 2007, 15:31   #585
BHPian

Any privilege or points or something for your referral? i have 2 referrals to my name, so what do i get?

Most Viewed