Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2015, 22:38   #5956
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent Martin View Post
Hi Mods,

One suggestion that came to my mind right now is to have T-BHP do a video review of cars , discussions on similar topics and partner with a reputed national TV channel to air the shows on TV. There are few international shows like 'Top Gear ' and 'Fifth Gear' which are highly popular. But in the indian context, I see a vacuum which T-BHP can fill in.
Major Benefit that i see is a wider reach, thus customers feeling confident with presence of T-BHP by knowing our reputation for unbiased review and customer protection.
This is why Team-BHP is different and unique compared to other organizations. I feel that the vastness of written content and knowledge here is unparalleled. I feel that Team-BHP should stick to its current wonderful stage and not change but this is just my opinion. Who knows? Maybe the mods are thinking of something.
Old 20th June 2015, 12:26   #5957
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Mods,

One suggestion that came to my mind right now is to have T-BHP do a video review of cars , discussions on similar topics and partner with a reputed national TV channel to air the shows on TV. There are few international shows like 'Top Gear ' and 'Fifth Gear' which are highly popular. But in the indian context, I see a vacuum which T-BHP can fill in.
Major Benefit that i see is a wider reach, thus customers feeling confident with presence of T-BHP by knowing our reputation for unbiased review and customer protection.
We don't have something like an unbiased TV channel.

Having a tie-up with a TV channel is most likely going to put an undue pressure on our moderators to provide biased reviews for the companies that give them huge ad revenue. Even if TBHP video review calls something a spade, there is every chance that the editors in the media houses would cut that part out to help their ad sponsors.
Old 20th June 2015, 15:46   #5958
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
There are few international shows like 'Top Gear ' and 'Fifth Gear' which are highly popular. But in the indian context, I see a vacuum which T-BHP can fill in.
Video is definitely a medium I am a big fan of. However, it takes an entirely different set of skills and tons of time too. It's not easy to put together our extensive reviews PLUS a presentable video in the limited amount of time we get with the cars. Currently we have to pick one or the other...

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
I feel that the vastness of written content and knowledge here is unparalleled. I feel that Team-BHP should stick to its current wonderful stage and not change
Agreed, though if it happens, it wouldn't be a change. It would be a complement to the written content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Even if TBHP video review calls something a spade, there is every chance that the editors in the media houses would cut that part out to help their ad sponsors.
That's why online video would probably be a better first step, if and when this ever happens

In case you guys haven't seen it - here's our YouTube channel with a few older reviews & videos :

https://www.youtube.com/user/TeamBHPChannel
Old 20th June 2015, 16:46   #5959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Video is definitely a medium I am a big fan of. However, it takes an entirely different set of skills and tons of time too. It's not easy to put together our extensive reviews PLUS a presentable video in the limited amount of time we get with the cars. Currently we have to pick one or the other
Gotcha Rehaan. Agree it will be time consuming. However, In case Mods brothers feel a need to diversify, this will be a good time to think about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
We don't have something like an unbiased TV channel.

Having a tie-up with a TV channel is most likely going to put an undue pressure on our moderators to provide biased reviews for the companies that give them huge ad revenue. Even if TBHP video review calls something a spade, there is every chance that the editors in the media houses would cut that part out to help their ad sponsors.
Hi Buddy, IMHO, I feel the other way around. How? Business model in short - T-BHP does have the personality of being upfront, straight, true and unbiased. A team that has got a strong connect towards customer protection. This trait will encourage consumers pan india to slowly get hooked onto the visual media. Consumers will be able to relate themselves to T-BHP. viewership will go up as the program will be watched majorly by consumers and not just manufacturers / dealers. Many companies will want to book slots for advertisements and demand for slots in a highly viewed program goes up. The tie up channel need not necessarily be a news channel like we see today. May be a channel like Discovery turbo that is dedicated towards automobiles or even a domestic channel to start with say NDTV good times. (just a scribbled thought in mind)

While the website can continue for internal discussions and public to read through, the visual media can cut through the illiteracy barriers and have a wider reach Pan India.

I hope to see this be a reality

Last edited by ampere : 20th June 2015 at 17:34. Reason: Fixed quote
Old 23rd June 2015, 04:35   #5960
Senior - BHPian

Today while trying to rate a thread, I saw a weird message. It reads
A required field called <em>ipaddress</em> is missing or has an invalid value

I am using an Android tablet to access the forums in the browser and have been able to rate threads earlier. The only difference is I am out of India at the momenT. Does that cause a problem?
Old 23rd June 2015, 06:10   #5961
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Today while trying to rate a thread, I saw a weird message. It reads
A required field called <em>ipaddress</em> is missing or has an invalid value

I am using an Android tablet to access the forums in the browser and have been able to rate threads earlier. The only difference is I am out of India at the momenT. Does that cause a problem?
I face the same issue when i try to rate a thread when on my office wifi network (I am not based in India at the moment). However, this is not an issue when trying from home wifi.

I had informed Rehaan of this earlier, and i believe this is a known issue.
Old 26th June 2015, 15:53   #5962
Senior - BHPian

What happens if a post that was "thanked" is deleted ? Does the "Thanked" count go down ?

Appears to me that it doesn't .
Old 26th June 2015, 18:42   #5963
Team-BHP Support

Regarding the <em>ipaddress</em> error when rating threads, it might be a little more widespread now. We're looking into it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
What happens if a post that was "thanked" is deleted ? Does the "Thanked" count go down ?
Some counters on the forum are not refreshed in real-time. They re-count every X minutes/hours. I think the count should go down.
Old 27th June 2015, 11:59   #5964
BHPian

Yesterday and today, www.team-bhp.com takes a long time to load (say around 7 to 8 minutes) with the progress line stuck a third of the way, and when it does finally load, it is a full text rendering rather than with the skin and fonts.

However, www.team-bhp.com/forum loads instantaneously, as usual.

I am on an iMac running Mac OS X Yosemite with Safari 8.0.6.

Cheers
Old 29th June 2015, 01:14   #5965
Senior - BHPian

Fellas, been noticing lately that when I open a particular post from the App and use the Web View, as soon as the page loads and I just touch anywhere the App Store (iOS) opens up and shows a random app for download.

So far I've seen Flipkart and Cleartrip.
Old 30th June 2015, 16:38   #5966
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Yesterday and today, www.team-bhp.com takes a long time to load (say around 7 to 8 minutes) with the progress line stuck a third of the way, and when it does finally load, it is a full text rendering rather than with the skin and fonts.

That's strange. Might be a network issue (sounds like the CSS didn't load), though haven't seen any other complaints of this. Where are you based?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Fellas, been noticing lately that when I open a particular post from the App and use the Web View, as soon as the page loads and I just touch anywhere the App Store (iOS) opens up and shows a random app for download.
Oh man, will look into this. I have some theories.

Could you copy & share the landing page URL the next time this happens?

There was a similar issue faced earlier (redirecting to flipkart), but it was on the desktop :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post3695457

Anyone else facing these issues? Please specify which platform etc...

Thanks,
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st July 2015 at 14:42. Reason: Removing mention of thread rating being fixed!
Old 1st July 2015, 12:43   #5967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post

I am on an iMac running Mac OS X Yosemite with Safari 8.0.6.

Cheers
Quote:
*SNIP*
That's strange. Might be a network issue (sounds like the CSS didn't load), though haven't seen any other complaints of this. Where are you based?
*SNIP*
Rehaan, thanks for responding. The problem seems to have sorted itself out now. The home page too now loads quickly as it used to.

I am based in Bangalore.

Cheers
Old 16th July 2015, 08:04   #5968
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

R
Is it possible to upload the reviews of new vehicles in pdf format with all images so that we download it and read it. There are places where internet is not available and we need to kill time. And it should be like that the reviews can be downloaded only by members?

Last edited by BoneCollector : 16th July 2015 at 08:11.
Old 17th July 2015, 18:05   #5969
Team-BHP Support

The thread rating bug that surfaced a few weeks back has been fixes as of last week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Is it possible to upload the reviews of new vehicles in pdf format with all images so that we download it and read it. There are places where internet is not available and we need to kill time.
Here's an easy way.

In Chrome for example:

1) Menu > Save Page...
2) Choose Webpage Complete from the dropdown (this saves all pictures, etc)

Name:  Screenshot  20150717175942.png
Views: 370
Size:  14.6 KB

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th July 2015 at 18:07.
Old 21st July 2015, 09:16   #5970
BHPian

I don't know if any one has asked this before, but when are we getting the thank button on the iOS app. It's not been updated since we moved to the new app which was ages ago!

Also in the android app you get a notification when some one quotes you but not in the iOS app. Why this discrimination to iOS ? 😭

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks