Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2016, 18:49   #6091
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Honestly, we're dumping the apps and focussing on the development of our smartphone skin (select it from the bottom left menu of any page). There's some work happening in the background. Wait for it!
Please do look into the option of adding the timeline feature from the app, to the website/smartphone skin.
I (and probably many others) prefer using the app because its easier to keep track of newer posts, specially on days where I'm free enough to read everything i have not read already
Old 25th May 2016, 23:25   #6092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Honestly, we're dumping the apps and focussing on the development of our smartphone skin (select it from the bottom left menu of any page). There's some work happening in the background. Wait for it!
Should we start signing petitions to stop dumping the app. Just kidding. I have just recently started using the app. I'm totally hooked on to it. Kindly try to keep it alive. I'm not aware of the difficulties or issues involved. Just wanted to share my thoughts. Cheers!
Old 26th May 2016, 00:59   #6093
Distinguished - BHPian

Tapatalk except worse.

Just my thoughts on the app!
Old 27th May 2016, 15:48   #6094
BHPian

Mods,
I noted that in the picture search, images of both Ford Figo and Aspire appear, no matter which car one has searched for. Please have a look!
Old 2nd June 2016, 12:54   #6095
Senior - BHPian

I'm just wondering whether we should have one compiled thread for car theft incidents. There are a few compiled threads on how to prevent thefts, what to do after thefts etc.
There seems to be quite a sprinkling of threads with theft incidents.
Just like the Accidents in India thread, can the mods consider merging all this in one thread so that it can be useful and also more streamlined?
Old 14th June 2016, 23:13   #6096
BHPian

Can we have a feature of "Go to your last post" while browsing a forum. Many of other forums running on vBulletin have this feature. Clicking on that small arrow will directly take me to my last post in that particular thread.

It will also help me in keeping informed that I had once posted in a particular thread.
Old 17th June 2016, 11:42   #6097
mxh
BHPian

Has anyone noticed the Android app consumes a huge amount of bandwidth. Each and every image downloads in full size rather than as a thumbnail. And the download seems to continue even after you close the thread and move to another one.
Old 17th June 2016, 13:29   #6098
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
I also notice that TeamBHP is HTTP, not HTTPS.
We do have SSL web certificate. We don't enforce it because this version of vBulletin doesn't always give https link. However, there are workarounds. Many of us use Requestly extension to turn every http request to TeamBHP into https request.
Old 18th June 2016, 00:32   #6099
Senior - BHPian

Just asking do we have a name tagging feature just like some social media sites. And if not can this be incorporated with least bit of effort. I thought it would be great if a person I am thanking or referring too would get a notification.
Old 18th June 2016, 01:26   #6100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Just asking do we have a name tagging feature ...
That I am not "@" Thad is another of my famous lost battles. I detest that Twitterisation of my name, but now I have to admit that other sites than Twitter have software that recognises it. Of course: I still don't use it

However, I love the idea of a drop down notifications informing of replies and thanks
Old 18th June 2016, 09:21   #6101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
That I am not "@" Thad is another of my famous lost battles.
I don't think you should take so much umbrage. That '@' is only a hint to the underlying software to treat the subsequent word as a username; and provide user-specific actions. Here on T-BHP the most obvious action is to notify the user that someone else wants to draw their attention to a particular post or thread.

Feature wishlist addition:

Would like to see some thread-specific features implemented. All are generally to address the issues I have had while perusing several hundred pages of the various road-conditions threads.

1. Find all posts in a thread that I have liked. Then we can use the Like feature as a substitute for bookmarking. Though maybe Quora-like "Upvote" (our Like) and "Bookmark" would cleanly separate the two functionalities.

2. Find all my posts in a thread, and if possible responses to my posts.

3. Concept of admin-only "pinning" a post. Then admins can pin (and unpin) very informative posts, and readers can limit themselves only to the pinned posts without having to sift through all the chatter around them. Alternatively regular users could vote for pinning posts, and any post that crosses a certain threshold could become automatically pinned.
Old 18th June 2016, 13:33   #6102
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry, but I'mnever going to like that @ sign for names. it has got into people's thinking now.

I am still managing to avoid facebook, even though it means that I have to look over my wife's shoulder to find out what my friends are doing. One of my #friends (she's a #media #person) is, to @me, #unreadable!

Excuse the rant. I do like your ideas!
Old 20th June 2016, 11:59   #6103
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
I agree smartphone skin and all such fancy but having a lighter working app is any day better I feel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
I (and probably many others) prefer using the app because its easier to keep track of newer posts, specially on days where I'm free enough to read everything i have not read already
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHarPree View Post
Should we start signing petitions to stop dumping the app.
Just to clarify guys, the Team-BHP App will always be available. However, it is currently provided by a 3rd party and we aren't entirely happy with its functionality. Unfortunately, we are entirely dependent on them and there's not much customisation on offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
I noted that in the picture search, images of both Ford Figo and Aspire appear
Because both cars have 'Figo' in their names.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
I'm just wondering whether we should have one compiled thread for car theft incidents.
This is the main thread. Most threads on theft are merged with it. However, if there is a matter that requires an independent discussion, it can definitely stay as a standalone thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfOctave View Post
Can we have a feature of "Go to your last post" while browsing a forum.
If we add a new feature, it has to be something that'll be used by everyone (e.g. our thanks feature), not just a select few. This doesn't seem to be one of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
Has anyone noticed the Android app consumes a huge amount of bandwidth.
Please use our smartphone website s.team-bhp.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Just asking do we have a name tagging feature just like some social media sites.
Will bring too much clutter man (and we hate clutter). Like to keep things simple. Could bring unnecessary tagging too in queries. E.g.

Quote:
@Aditya @Thad @ Manishalive @Vid6639 @Schumacher @ SS-Traveller @ Jaggu @Samurai @Amit @Revving What tyre size do you recommend for a Grand i10?
Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Though maybe Quora-like "Upvote" (our Like) and "Bookmark" would cleanly separate the two functionalities.
Upvote is definitely something that's been on our mind. But still to see a great implementation on vbulletin forums.

Quote:
Find all my posts in a thread, and if possible responses to my posts.
You can use the thread search option for this.

Quote:
Concept of admin-only "pinning" a post. Then admins can pin (and unpin) very informative posts, and readers can limit themselves only to the pinned posts without having to sift through all the chatter around them.
Wouldn't want to do this on a regular basis, but yes, if there is something really substantial, we edit the opening post and add it there.
Old 20th June 2016, 16:54   #6104
Distinguished - BHPian

All those @ signs are just so ugly, but there is also utility in being able to see "Xyzab mentioned you in a post..." I just wish that the internet had found a better-looking way of doing it! And also one that doesn't use a sign previously universally recognised as meaning something else. I'll gladly settle for no @signs

But then... when I became Thad@xyz.com, I didn't complain that I wasn't an item on an invoice! <Blush>

Which reminds me: can we please have a red-faced blush or oops smiley, because a case of mild embarrassment is not an all-out "I'm stupid!:
Old 21st June 2016, 11:14   #6105
Senior - BHPian

Dear Mods, I have a simple suggestion.

For our official car reviews, can you guys add a post on supplied .pdf material as well? Reason I am saying is, there are plenty of people who take it for granted to have access to those pdf detailed brochures, accessory list etc right now, however once the model goes out of production, this material becomes hard to find, and there is some useful info on those few pages, especially for pre-owned car buyers.

Case in point, my 2009 Fortuner. I wanted to know the approach, departure and breakover angles for Classic Fortuners, however couldn't find this info. Then, someone told me that Fortuner's brochures used to have this kind of info. Now, where to find the old brochure? After a long time spent on internet, finally I managed to lay my hands on a pdf copy of the same.

Being at TBHP, where would have I looked for all this if this was the only website available for me, on official test drive report obviously!

So, please add available .pdf material on upcoming Official New Car Review Reports. Pre-Owned buyers will surely appreciate that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks