Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2016, 08:07   #6196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
+1 to what Thad said. Plus, if we do it for Twitter, then we'll have to for Facebook, then LinkedIn and finally Instagram. Team-BHP will end up looking like any other cluttered social media site.

YouTube embedding serves a major purpose. None of the others do.
Twitter too serves a major purpose - dissemination of news early and widely. For example, see these two posts (one is mine):

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...ml#post4090406 (Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post4089704 (Bangalore - Kochi : Route Queries)

I don't think we should dismiss Twitter quite as easily as we do LinkedIn or Facebook.

Another suggestion - there are several threads whose titles say "proof on page N" or "pictures on page N" or "details on page N" etc. The problems with this are (a) on mobile there is no (easily seen) option to go directly to page N, and (b) your page N might not be my page N - eg: if I choose to have posts ordered newest first. Can we instead create links to the relevant posts - maybe as the topmost/pinned post on page 1?

Is it easy to convert other skins to mobile? I browse with the "Standard - Red" skin because I find it easiest to read the site with; but it is not mobile compatible.
Old 14th November 2016, 12:49   #6197
BHPian

Re: Team-BHP moving to E2E Networks. EDIT: Done!

Norton Safe-Web is blocking tbhp saying that the webpage contains unsafe links. @Mods. Any idea what's going on. Posting from my office pc which runs kaspersky and face no problems.
shady_lawyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2016, 10:13   #6198
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
They came up with this video and I think it would be great if our very own mods could do something like this too!
Very nice, thanks for sharing!

We have a dedicated meet section (unlike XDA), as well as some reports from time to time (e.g. Pawna thread, 12th birthday thread) which sort of introduces the personalities to the members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
It's in the 4x4 forum as the thread started off that way. Will this be better off in the shifting gears section so that more people see it? Right now people can search and find the thread.
It started off with a 4x4 incident .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I am not sure if I am missing something but while using the App, I don't get the option of clicking "Thanks" on a post. I try switching to Web View from the app and even then this does not show.
The App's developers are very unsupportive in terms of adding customisation & features.

What I suggest to you is use our mobile skin (access the forum from your smartphone browser and it'll automatically load). That's what most of us use. It has all the features of the desktop version (including thanks).

Soon, you'll be seeing a smartphone-friendly version of our homepage, news & other sections too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I don't think we should dismiss Twitter quite as easily as we do LinkedIn or Facebook.
Agreed. However, the discussion was more on the lines of embedding Twitter which would clutter the forum's look & feel.

Quote:
Can we instead create links to the relevant posts - maybe as the topmost/pinned post on page 1?
Of course! Please report any thread where you'd like to see this and we'll have it added.

Quote:
Is it easy to convert other skins to mobile? I browse with the "Standard - Red" skin because I find it easiest to read the site with; but it is not mobile compatible.
We aren't able to support multiple skins. Sorry buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady_lawyer View Post
Norton Safe-Web is blocking tbhp saying that the webpage contains unsafe links. @Mods. Any idea what's going on. Posting from my office pc which runs kaspersky and face no problems.
Samurai says "Probably because our https pages are having http links. Norton apps are always very anal about such things".
Old 19th November 2016, 10:25   #6199
Senior - BHPian

Re norton safe web please show me a screenshot

It seems to list tbhp as a good site

https://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?url=team-bhp.com
Old 21st November 2016, 09:01   #6200
BANNED

I was unable to find any other thread for reporting bugs etc. Actually in the morning I tried to log on to Team-BHP from my mobile phone on the Team-BHP mobile version. Tried in the desktop version too via phone.

Around 5 times I entered my username and password. Next screen which says "thank you for logging in", appeared and then again back to the login page, entered the username and password again and then the same cycle. Right now posting via the app though; awesome app I must say, very thoughtfully built.
Old 21st November 2016, 14:41   #6201
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
Around 5 times I entered my username and password. Next screen which says "thank you for logging in", appeared and then again back to the login page, entered the username and password again and then the same cycle.
Not sure why this is happening. Having the "remember me" check-box ticked should probably prevent this cycle...
Old 21st November 2016, 21:26   #6202
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Not sure why this is happening. Having the "remember me" check-box ticked should probably prevent this cycle...
Got it done the way suggested and now it's working flawlessly. Thanks a lot.
Old 5th December 2016, 13:03   #6203
BHPian

Just realized that new threads from the assembly line may not be shown in the New Topics tab

Can it be changed so that new threads from the assembly line are reflected there once they are taken live?

This way all new threads will be displayed in one area
Old 12th December 2016, 22:59   #6204
Senior - BHPian

When I browse Team-Bhp on my Mom's Moto E2 running Marshmallow, clicking on "Quick Links" Drop down list, does not show the Drop Down List Menu.

No such problem in Redmi 1S running MIUI 8.

Team-Support, any idea for solving this problem on Moto E2?
Old 13th December 2016, 15:02   #6205
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
Just realized that new threads from the assembly line may not be shown in the New Topics tab
Would love to do this, but unfortunately there's no facility to do this with the current software we use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
When I browse Team-Bhp on my Mom's Moto E2 running Marshmallow, clicking on "Quick Links" Drop down list, does not show the Drop Down List Menu.
The quick links dropdown will not function on some mobile devices, and that's why it's been removed from our smartphone skin.

You seem to be using the desktop skin on your mobile? (try scrolling down and seeing if the quicklinks menu has opened up elsewhere on the page).
Old 13th December 2016, 15:49   #6206
BHPian

With a new bike about to be delivered, am planning a upgrade of riding gear.
Given the in depth level of discussions and quality of data ( for bhpians) on Helmets, Jackets, gloves, shoes, riding pants and that it is all contained in 1 thread it would be good to have separate threads for each item - make the research and discussion phase simpler.
Old 14th December 2016, 22:30   #6207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
The quick links dropdown will not function on some mobile devices.
You seem to be using the desktop skin on your mobile? (try scrolling down and seeing if the quicklinks menu has opened up elsewhere on the page).
When I zoom in and then click on Quick Links Drop down on Moto E2, the list does not display. But if I zoom out and click on Quick Links Drop down, the list get displayed.

No such problem in case of Redmi 1S.
Old 19th December 2016, 17:24   #6208
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicvic View Post
For maximum visibility, create a kickass thread . We love adding high quality threads to the homepage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naztone View Post
Given the in depth level of discussions and quality of data ( for bhpians) on Helmets, Jackets, gloves, shoes, riding pants and that it is all contained in 1 thread it would be good to have separate threads for each item - make the research and discussion phase simpler.
I personally h-a-t-e all-inclusive general threads when we could have dedicated threads for each part. However, the riding gear thread is now 200 pages long, so it's too late to stop the discussion. It's from a time when we weren't as organised .

Tell you what, if you & other bikers can create dedicated review threads for jackets, gloves, shoes (each), we'll do what we can to move the discussion on those topics to the new threads. Lets slowly phase the main 'riding gear' thread out.
Old 19th December 2016, 17:30   #6209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
For maximum visibility, create a kickass thread . We love adding high quality threads to the homepage!
The request was so that we don't miss out on the new threads. Not to create visibility for my thread.

Get your point too
Old 22nd December 2016, 14:41   #6210
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoXLGrandDi View Post
When I zoom in and then click on Quick Links Drop down on Moto E2, the list does not display. But if I zoom out and click on Quick Links Drop down, the list get displayed.

No such problem in case of Redmi 1S.
The standard skin isn't designed for mobile use and will have these problems.

Do use the "BHP Smartphone" skin when browsing on mobile.

It should have automatically switched to that, but in case it hasn't, switch to it using the dropdown on the bottom left of the page.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks