Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2017, 10:20   #6211
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Hello, I have a humble suggestion to Team-BHP mods.

I have read many reviews by Team-BHP of new cars. The reviews are very exhaustive. However, I feel that often, the review does not contain details of the effectiveness of headlamps. Maybe because the test drives are typically done during daytime. But this info on OEM headlamps will be very useful for prospective buyers. There is even a thread on 'Worst OEM headlamps' where many have ranted about their ineffective OEM headlamps and their efforts to replace OEM bulbs with after-market options.

Just my 2 cents. Pardon me if this has been discussed before on this thread.
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2017, 18:51   #6212
Team-BHP Support

Hi srvm,

When we get the chance to drive the car at night, we do make a note of how effective the headlights are. Usually including pictures too (for example, see the 3rd & 4th pics in this post)

Other times, when the car's predecessor is notorious for having poor headlights, we make special note of the headlight performance. Example Figo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
• The headlamps have improved ! Owners of the old Figo unanimously complained about its weak headlamps. The new Figo also has the follow-me-home headlamp feature.

Unfortunately, with daytime test-drive schedules this isn't always possible... but then do keep an eye out for BHPian's ownership reviews that come out shortly afterward
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2017, 19:29   #6213
BHPian

I would suggest for a limited edition stickers every first month of the year, just to kick start the year with a new sticker. You never know, bhpians may start collecting these stickers.
Old 16th January 2017, 15:20   #6214
Senior - BHPian

With plethora of amazing photos on forum, I suggest that TBHP selects the best out of them, every year and launches annual desk & wall calenders.
If the print work is given to organisations like CRY then TBHP can also contribute in giving back to the society.

Regards-Sonu
Old 17th January 2017, 13:44   #6215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
With plethora of amazing photos on forum, I suggest that TBHP selects the best out of them, every year and launches annual desk & wall calenders.
If the print work is given to organisations like CRY then TBHP can also contribute in giving back to the society.

Regards-Sonu
That may be more trouble than worth. Photos published in people's posts are not the property of TBHP, and may not be used without permission and appropriate compensation to the owner/photographer.

Cheers
Old 17th January 2017, 18:17   #6216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Hi srvm,

When we get the chance to drive the car at night, we do make a note of how effective the headlights are. Usually including pictures too (for example, see the 3rd & 4th pics in this post)

Other times, when the car's predecessor is notorious for having poor headlights, we make special note of the headlight performance. Example Figo:

Unfortunately, with daytime test-drive schedules this isn't always possible... but then do keep an eye out for BHPian's ownership reviews that come out shortly afterward
Thank you.
Old 18th January 2017, 23:57   #6217
BHPian

Hi,
Im not sure if this has been discussed earlier. Its about the size and watermarking of TBHP logo on the images which are uploaded.

As a ready reference for now, do refer this post (Tata Hexa : Official Review) : The pricing table (image) is quite small, and TBHP logo covers quite some area. I agree that text is readable, but I had put a bit of effort.

On the other hand, do refer this thread : the water-markings are different, bit lighter.

Suggestion: is there any way, that depending on the size of uploaded image, the TBHP logo's size could also vary, automatically ?!
In the first case, if the TBHP logo would have been bit smaller in proportion to image, it would have been better.

regards,
Pranav
Old 19th January 2017, 16:33   #6218
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
However, I feel that often, the review does not contain details of the effectiveness of headlamps.
If the headlamps are noteworthy - either weak or powerful - they'll usually find a mention. As an example, the new Fortuner's awesome LED headlamps:
Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-6.jpg

In nearly all media events though, we never get a chance to drive the car at night :(.

Still, based on your suggestion, I'm going to add 'headlamps' to our ever expanding review + photo checklist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvd8732 View Post
I would suggest for a limited edition stickers every first month of the year
No limited-edition stuff, buddy. We simply don't have the bandwidth for the logistical requirements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
While I don't see this happening, do keep visiting our awesome photo gallery to check the latest pics out .

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
As a ready reference for now, do refer this post (Tata Hexa : Official Review) : The pricing table (image) is quite small, and TBHP logo covers quite some area. I agree that text is readable, but I had put a bit of effort.
Best to keep a little empty space at the bottom in such pics, like we do in the stats & pricing tables of our official reviews. Example:

The watermark of our sales thread is applied manually and those images are uploaded in a different manner. Not applicable to regular forum attachments.

Last edited by GTO : 19th January 2017 at 16:34.
Old 20th January 2017, 07:53   #6219
BANNED

Was going through the Official Review page to research a car for a friend.

Excellent work in giving a detailed report for every car.

One thing that I could suggest is to have the "Model Year" in the thread title. Could help in searching and comparing models.

Cheers.
Old 20th January 2017, 09:25   #6220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post
One thing that I could suggest is to have the "Model Year" in the thread title.
+1 to that.
That also helps to identify the price details of that model year to realize the increase in current price.
Old 25th January 2017, 11:33   #6221
BHPian

Can we have a section in "Team-BHP Offical Review" which denotes the performance (if not actually tested by team-bhp at-least from Manufacturer)?

Something like this.
Name:  Performance.png
Views: 603
Size:  12.0 KB

If we can get in comparison with other models, that would be great.
Old 31st January 2017, 08:45   #6222
Senior - BHPian

I think the name of this section should be changed to "Official Reviews" from car reviews. Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians-untitled1.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozhissery View Post
Can we have a section in "Team-BHP Offical Review" which denotes the performance (if not actually tested by team-bhp at-least from Manufacturer)?
I don't mean to be disrespectful, but I think it's completely unnecessary. There are other publications to do that.
TBHP gives much more user relevant information. And TBHP review gives the insight on how the car will perform in daily life too.
Old 31st January 2017, 10:36   #6223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
I think the name of this section should be changed to "Official Reviews" from car reviews. Attachment 1602292

I don't mean to be disrespectful, but I think it's completely unnecessary. There are other publications to do that.
TBHP gives much more user relevant information. And TBHP review gives the insight on how the car will perform in daily life too.
Thanks. I do accept what you said (data can be got from other places/publications too).
My point is that I take team-bhp as Wikipedia regarding cars and it'd help me look/get the details at a single point.
Old 14th February 2017, 09:46   #6224
BHPian

HI All,

I have two suggestions on my part
1) Can we have a separate tab for threads which have seen more number of updates in the last hour/day etc. Presently Hot Threads is available, but I don't think it gets updated dynamically. We should probably have like Trending threads. This way we can differentiate threads which have got update after a while vs which is generating more updates on that day.

2) Can we have a answer section for the thread post, which need not go in the main thread, but as a subsect to the forum post. This way we can say more than Thanks button to the post owner and also make it relatively clutter-less. IREF forum has this option.

Keep up good work.

Last edited by concorde24 : 14th February 2017 at 10:11.
Old 20th February 2017, 17:14   #6225
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post
One thing that I could suggest is to have the "Model Year" in the thread title. Could help in searching and comparing models.
If it's an update, then we add that to the title (example - this 2016 facelift).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozhissery View Post
Not until (if & when) we get our own testing equipment. We focus more on the car's feel rather than hard numbers. We focus on what it's like to live with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
I think the name of this section should be changed to "Official Reviews" from car reviews.
Understood the inappropriateness . Removed the bike review from there for now. Have added renaming of that section to our developer's to-do list. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
We should probably have like Trending threads.
It'll be redundant. The 'hot threads' list on the homepage is very, very carefully curated everyday.

Quote:
This way we can differentiate threads which have got update after a while vs which is generating more updates on that day.
You could click on 'new topics' and see which thread is on fire (i.e. has a lot of replies).

Quote:
Can we have a answer section for the thread post, which need not go in the main thread, but as a subsect to the forum post. This way we can say more than Thanks button to the post owner and also make it relatively clutter-less. IREF forum has this option.
Thanks, but personally, I think that looks ugggghh. Because of our strict moderation & understanding members, over 90% of the posts on Team-BHP are relevant anyway.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks