Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2017, 06:47   #6286
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
Probably some sort of bug or something else. But my post count isn't going over 159 since around 3 posts, this is when I haven't got any PM regarding post deletion etc.

Edit: It's still 159
This is because your last 3 posts have been in threads in the 'shifting gears ' section. Posts made here do not contribute to overall post count.
Old 19th June 2017, 14:49   #6287
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
The travelogues section contains threads for both domestic and overseas travel experiences. Will it not be better if they are segregated as Domestic and Overseas / International travelogues ?
No such plans, buddy. Period. Travel is interesting, whether domestic or international and BHPians do contribute with some beautiful travelogues.

It would also lead to less exposure for those international travelogues. Can cite the 'beyond borders' vintage car section as an example; hardly anyone sees the threads in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Is it possible to put in some search criteria when looking for reviews?
Noted. We have a half-baked solution on similar lines already coded, but somehow it never was prioritised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Exclude reported posts from the total post count.
No ways! Reported Posts are as much a contributor to forum quality as a regular post on the public forum is.

Quote:
"Moving from Assembly Line to xyz section. Thanks for sharing" [/i] post to be thanked by the OP alone and not others. The thanks button could be made visible only to him/her.
It's a good idea to thank the Moderator who takes a thread live as it does require some effort (I usually thank all such posts). Plus, many times, the Mod also adds his own reply within this post itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I wanted to suggest a sub-forum in TBHP Directory. With the rising trend of online / app-based automobile service providers, I see that a lot of reviews and comments dispersed across the TBHP Directory, inside car threads, Modifications and Technical Stuff threads.
Done . Let's have more recommendations for online players, and then we'll create a new section. On Team-BHP, forum sections usually follow the content. There has to be enough existing content for that new section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
One more sub-forum/section dedicated to discussions on electric vehicles, policies, innovations etc.
Done. We'll make one on this as well as safety sometime in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ01 View Post
Though not an extension of the Forum itself - this will be a separate portal that could sit with in the domain (for eg: www.fuelprices.team-bhp.com)
Very unique idea - will consider if we get a reliable data supplier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kptraveller View Post
I think it's time we had a database in team bhp where each member can have his ride registration number entered against the team bhp handle.
For privacy reasons, I wouldn't like my car's number to be available publicly and I'm sure it's the same for a lot of other BHPians too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Did the advertising policy change recently? I see this header ad now covers up a larger section on the top.
Yeah, it's an expandable ad. Please cope with it for a little time .
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2017, 15:42   #6288
BHPian

I dont know if its been suggested earlier or not, can we have a dedicated button on each post to mark it favourite or "starred" as in watsapp?

Because AFAIK our profile only allows subscription of threads. It will be useful if we can mark some informative posts favourite and can visit those later directly from our profile.

Thanks.
Old 19th June 2017, 19:23   #6289
Distinguished - BHPian

Please change this icon to something more pleasant. It feels odd if this is used for something in a friendly way.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2017, 19:46   #6290
Distinguished - BHPian

We could do with a red-face embarrassed icon too. At least... I could! <Red-Face>
Old 19th June 2017, 21:04   #6291
BHPian

Pardon me if this has been discussed or suggested before, but can there be news updates on weekends too?

Correct me if I am wrong or missing something, but from what I have observed, the news section is not updated on Saturdays and Sundays.
We have to wait till Monday or refer other sites to know about the happenings in the automotive-world.

By Monday the news is too old to be of any real value and thus we miss many important updates.

As the leading automotive forum in the country, i think this is a huge drawback that only our forum has, as far as news updates on weekends is concerned.
And frankly speaking, I don't know the real reason for these 2 dry days of Team-Bhp every week.
Sorry for my ignorance, but can someone tell me the exact reason?
Old 23rd June 2017, 16:25   #6292
BHPian

I would like to humbly suggest that it'd be great if the search option in the teambhp app, could somehow show more results.

For e.g., if I type in "Injector" and search, I get zero results ! Now what I have to do is go back to google, search for "injector, teambhp" and then once it shows me the thread, I look for the path, come back to the App and search for the path and then get on to reading .

So while the app is already amazing as it could be, this little tweak would surely help us
Old 23rd June 2017, 16:50   #6293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepeshKarnik View Post
I would like to humbly suggest that it'd be great if the search option in the teambhp app, could somehow show more results.

For e.g., if I type in "Injector" and search, I get zero results ! Now what I have to do is go back to google, search for "injector, teambhp" and then once it shows me the thread, I look for the path, come back to the App and search for the path and then get on to reading .

So while the app is already amazing as it could be, this little tweak would surely help us

Youjust stole my words.

But on a serious note, request mods to please look into enhancing app experience.

Also, for some reason, whenever I play embedded YouTube videos on the thread, the app crashes. I have to switch to web view to watch the same. I am using iOS app. Not sure if it's only me facing the issues.
Old 27th June 2017, 14:15   #6294
Senior - BHPian

Many times, some images that I upload are seen upside down in the posts. Our helpful mods rectify it soon after I report the post. However, I feel it would be useful if the mods share how to avoid this in the first place so that I can take care of it myself from now onwards
Old 27th June 2017, 21:19   #6295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepeshKarnik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
But on a serious note, request mods to please look into enhancing app experience.
As the mods have said many times before in this thread, the app is no longer supported by the developers. So don't expect any updates on that front.

Better option is to use the Web version on your mobile browser. That's the one that gets regular updates and does not hog space on your phone. I use only that and I love it
Old 28th June 2017, 09:35   #6296
BHPian

Not sure if this is a bug.

Recently I observed that even after checking the last post on a thread (Say from the Subscribed threads link) and later you reload the URL the bold highlighting of the thread title still remains. Earlier it would switch back to regular font indicating that the thread has not been updated after you visited it.
Old 29th June 2017, 15:52   #6297
Senior - BHPian

Does it make sense to have a thread to talk about the Fixed Deposit rates across various banks at various stages through the year? With the FD rates moving down, it will be good to know where to invest for those who look at the traditional modes of investment.
Old 2nd July 2017, 15:46   #6298
Distinguished - BHPian

Is there an issue with the Inbox function in the App? I am unable to access my inbox through the mobile app and it keeps showing loading but is unable to load the inbox. I tried re-installing the app but it didn't help. Even tried using the app on a different phone but the same problem occurred. Any fixes for this?
Old 3rd July 2017, 13:01   #6299
BHPian

There are many threads which either mention a problem with the car or the owner. Once the same is solved, the topic of the thread changes to "Edit:SOLVED" as well. But one has to go through many pages of discussion in order to reach the solution post.

It would be great if along with changing the thread name, the link to the solution post is also added to the opening post.

Regards,

Pawan
Old 3rd July 2017, 15:04   #6300
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
It would be great if along with changing the thread name, the link to the solution post is also added to the opening post.
Isn't it better if the page number where the solution is mentioned be added into the thread title just after "SOLVED" so readers can go to that page directly.

No point in cluttering the opening​ post. What say Sir?!

Most Viewed